View Full Version : Peach Classic 2005

Pages : [1] 2

jazzpants
06-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Coming soon... I just saw that the website said they're in the process of getting the competition sanctioned. Stay tuned...

Now I have a question regarding the Free Skate event... do I have the option of skating to a piece of music that has vocals in it, or do I follow the rule strictly to "no vocals." I'm deciding whether I need to resurrect my Yanni program now, or can I hold off 'til after I take the Bronze moves test in Sept and can concentrate on it then. (I want to debut my new artistic program at Peach instead as a pre-Bronze FS number instead of doing them as an interpretative, since this number is more the "pretty dramatic type of interpretative" rather than "the costume type of interpretative.") I know at Skate SF, the rules clearly says that I can use vocals for pre-Bronze FS but not Bronze FS on up...so I was wondering.

TIA.

InsideAxel
06-01-2005, 05:41 AM
In general, the use of vocal music is a .1 deduction from the second mark (SSR 3.25). I guess the rule would apply unless specifically waived in the competition announcement.

Good luck!

Kelton

Terri C
06-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Now, delete those vocals and we'll have the classic Pre- Bronze Peanut Gallery battle! :twisted:

LoopLoop
06-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Jazz, I still have last year's Peach announcement and checked it for you. For events where vocal music was allowed, the announcement was explicit. For all FS events, vocal music was not mentioned, so it's pretty clear that vocals are *not* allowed for pre-bronze FS.

jazzpants
06-01-2005, 09:28 AM
*sigh* Looks like I got a tough call to make: either put together my old Yanni program (which I haven't done in MONTHS!!!) or do Interpretatives. I think for my sanity's sake that I better stick with Interpretative.

Sorry Terri... but we could still do Bronze moves, which by Sept should be ready to test, but under the old rule... FUGGETABOUTIT!!! :frus: I am really out of it 'til I get my Bronze moves test out of the way. :(

Isk8NYC
06-01-2005, 09:38 AM
I wonder if there's computer software that can delete the vocal tracks from recordings? I mean, think about it, they're usually recorded separately and pasted together. There must be a way to take it out. Or, as someone else suggested, pick up a Karaoke version without the vocals.

Terri C
06-01-2005, 10:11 AM
(I want to debut my new artistic program at Peach instead as a pre-Bronze FS number instead of doing them as an interpretative, since this number is more the "pretty dramatic type of interpretative" rather than "the costume type of interpretative.") .

My interp that I did at New Years and plan to do at Peach, is the same genre as your's, so don't worry about it!

skaternum
06-01-2005, 12:40 PM
I know at Skate SF, the rules clearly says that I can use vocals for pre-Bronze FS but not Bronze FS on up...so I was wondering.That's weird. Why would they not follow the general USFSA rules on music for pre-bronze??

sk8er1964
06-01-2005, 12:54 PM
I wonder if there's computer software that can delete the vocal tracks from recordings? I mean, think about it, they're usually recorded separately and pasted together. There must be a way to take it out. Or, as someone else suggested, pick up a Karaoke version without the vocals.

I'm working on figuring out if the software I bought can do that. If I succeed, I'll let you know.

Skate@Delaware
06-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Some karaoke has background vocals, which I found out today (much to my dismay listening to my Evanescence karaoke :evil: )

jazzpants
06-01-2005, 01:56 PM
That's weird. Why would they not follow the general USFSA rules on music for pre-bronze??*shrug* Beats me! Then again, practically everyone did instrumental anyway. Didn't want to risk the differences between USFSA rulebook and what's on the forms... :P

There must be a way to take it out. Or, as someone else suggested, pick up a Karaoke version without the vocals.I would but it's a critical part of the music.

I guess I'll just have to do exactly what the choreographer wants me to do in the piece and hope that I can wow the judges with my overall skating, the music and the dress... that is if I don't kill myself in the process!!! :roll: :twisted:

Skate@Delaware
06-01-2005, 02:49 PM
It would be nice if they would allow music with vocals, but then some people would complain about some lyrics, then you would have "lyric police" etc... some people would even complain about the lyrics of some Disney or children's songs :giveup:

pennybeagle
06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Question about "vocals"...

This means a vocal line with words/lyrics, right? Or no?

Just asking, because I heard two pieces with vocals at nationals in the freestyle events--one was in Masters Junior (I think), and that piece clearly had lyrics...I am going to assume that the program was a resurrected ISI freestyle program. The other was in Silver Ladies II, and the piece was Sarah Brightman's "Scene d'Amour," which is led by a vocal line but no lyrics, just a bunch of "ahhh" and "do do do..." I believe that under ISU rules, the latter type of program does not receive a deduction (I'm remembering skaters like Maria Butyrskaya, Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze, and Todd Eldredge using this type of "vocal" music).

However, realizing that the rules for Adults are sometimes different... would the aforementioned programs I saw at nationals both have received deductions? It's kind of impossible to tell by just looking at the results.

LoopLoop
06-02-2005, 03:58 PM
The "aahs" and "oohs" are OK, but anything with LYRICS (i.e., actual words) is illegal. The deduction is supposed to be .1 from the presentation mark.

starskate6.0
06-02-2005, 08:02 PM
:roll: I have a question about the Interp Pairs event.
My partner Sharon and I are doing a pairs interp for the first time at peach. We are having a blast putting it together. We have never seen this event, any clues as to what to expect and what people where doing last year for programs.. :?: Is it like pairs or dance, freedance, etc etc.
Any clues would be of great help. Is there a list of requirements for this event :?:

jazzpants
06-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Okay, interesting dilemma... Seems my home rink's Sept test session is the same weekend at Peach Classic!!! :( I have three solutions...

Take the test at my home rink in October, which I don't wanna do b/c it will interfere with my prepping for Skate SF... and I really could use the extra time also to concentrate on my Bronze FS test too!
Take the test in Atlanta. I suspect there will be a test session that weekend (but not at the Duluth rink... *sigh*) I don't wanna do this b/c I won't have my primary coach around while I'm at Atlanta (and given my long history with him, I REALLY want him to be there for this...) Of course, if he was at Atlanta, this choice would be a slam dunk.
I take the test but at a different local rink, which may or may not mean that I have to wait 'til October to test...
The dilemma is over whether I want to take the test now and not have my primary coach around for this particular moment. Or wait for him just so he'd be there with me if/when I do pass Bronze Moves. Right now, I am thinking of taking 3, but it really depends on how my crowded the test session is for which ever skating club will consider taking me.

I'll have to talk to the primary coach about this... :??

Thin-Ice
06-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Hey Jazzpants--

Since the standard (kids') track deadline for regionals is September 1st, any other test date in September is fairly easy to get onto. There may be a few more adults than usual this year, because of the change in age and moves elements.. but it wouldn't be so bad to test in a group of adults, would it? Usually there are just a couple of adults testing.

You might also want to consider rink size when you think of where to take your test. With Yerba Buena being so big, you probably wouldn't want to try to cram your test into a rink the size of Belmont.

Good luck!

Terri C
06-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Take the test in Atlanta. I suspect there will be a test session that weekend (but not at the Duluth rink... *sigh*) I don't wanna do this b/c I won't have my primary coach around while I'm at Atlanta (and given my long history with him, I REALLY want him to be there for this...) Of course, if he was at Atlanta, this choice would be a slam dunk.

If there is the "Atlanta option" this year, I may consider it too-after discussing it with my coaches!

LoopLoop
06-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Last year the test session in Atlanta was *in* the competition rink on Friday evening. Since they have the Peach Open (kids' competition) right before the adult competition starts the judges are there already...

NoVa Sk8r
06-03-2005, 10:25 AM
If there is the "Atlanta option" this year, I may consider it too-after discussing it with my coaches!If you're going to Peach, it seems like a no-brainer to test. Even if you're not 100% ready, the test session there is *very* adult-friendly. Last year, they gave us, what, 20 minutes to warn up our moves? I was astounded.

jazzpants
06-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Hey Jazzpants--

Since the standard (kids') track deadline for regionals is September 1st, any other test date in September is fairly easy to get onto. There may be a few more adults than usual this year, because of the change in age and moves elements.. but it wouldn't be so bad to test in a group of adults, would it? Usually there are just a couple of adults testing.

You might also want to consider rink size when you think of where to take your test. With Yerba Buena being so big, you probably wouldn't want to try to cram your test into a rink the size of Belmont.

Good luck!I was thinking of either SJ or Berkeley (MUCH bigger than YB)... but I'm willing to also take Dublin too! (You reading this, ask8ngcat?!?!) No way, I'm gonna take my test at Belmont!!! It's too small!!! (Tried the pattern there, trust me I can't get enough power on it w/o worrying about crashing into the boards!) :lol:

jazzpants
06-03-2005, 12:15 PM
If you're going to Peach, it seems like a no-brainer to test. Even if you're not 100% ready, the test session there is *very* adult-friendly. Last year, they gave us, what, 20 minutes to warn up our moves? I was astounded.It's a no-brainer from a practicality standpoint but it's not just a practicality thing for me. (Think about how long I've been with my primary coach and you'll understand what I'm talking about.) Also, I've never skated at the rinks around Atlanta and don't have a clue about the size of the rink, how hard is the ice, etc.

Of course, it's not to say that it's out of the question, but it's something I do need to talk to him about first. If it was the Bronze FS test, it would be a no-brainer that I would take them at my home rink or one of the other local rinks, since he knows how important it is for me to pass this particular test.

NoVa Sk8r
06-03-2005, 12:29 PM
It's a no-brainer from a practicality standpoint but it's not just a practicality thing for me. (Think about how long I've been with my primary coach and you'll understand what I'm talking about.) Also, I've never skated at the rinks around Atlanta and don't have a clue about the size of the rink, how hard is the ice, etc.

Of course, it's not to say that it's out of the question, but it's something I do need to talk to him about first. If it was the Bronze FS test, it would be a no-brainer that I would take them at my home rink or one of the other local rinks, since he knows how important it is for me to pass this particular test.Right on.

Hmmm ... but maybe I just don't understand this weird codependency that certain *ADULT* skaters have on their coaches. I understand how important it is to have one's coach present, but it's a test session, not a wedding or a life-altering event.

The way I see it, there's a great adult-friendly test session (that will be populated by *other* friendly adult test takers), and there's plenty of time to get acquainted with the ice. I'm just imagining December rolling around and then reading about how certain adult skaters never had the time or chance (due to injury, filled test sessions, work schedules, etc) to test when there was an opportunity to take a test months earlier.

Just my two cents. ...

jenlyon60
06-03-2005, 12:38 PM
As I recall, both rinks at the Duluth facility are NHL-size rinks (85 feet wide by 200 feet long).

Ice quality probably varies, but in whichever year it was that I competed Peach (2002 or 2003?) it was definitely softer and in better shape than the Reston ice (which is pretty hard usually, and at the times I skate, usually not in the best of condition).

LoopLoop
06-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Last year's Peach test session was *very* relaxed and friendly. When I take moves tests at home they are always double-paneled and very pressured; at Peach I had the ice to myself, with plenty of time to warm up.

If you decide to take the test there I'll be glad to "coach" you through it! And if it doesn't work, you can try again in October at home.

jazzpants
06-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Right on.

Hmmm ... but maybe I just don't understand this weird codependency that certain *ADULT* skaters have on their coaches. I understand how important it is to have one's coach present, but it's a test session, not a wedding or a life-altering event.He knows my strength and weaknesses and he knows how to keep this "nervous wreck at test sessions" focused to get over those weaknesses! It's a comfort level thing! Maybe not so much the Bronze Moves, but the Bronze FS test is definitely a life-altering event for me, since being eligible to compete at AN has been a long standing milestone for me. (Skaternum and Mrs. Redboots knows how long I've been pursuing this goal...)

The way I see it, there's a great adult-friendly test session (that will be populated by *other* friendly adult test takers), and there's plenty of time to get acquainted with the ice. I'm just imagining December rolling around and then reading about how certain adult skaters never had the time or chance (due to injury, filled test sessions, work schedules, etc) to test when there was an opportunity to take a test months earlier.We have test sessions every month at my rink, as well as other local rinks in my area (at least two other skating clubs test sessions besides the ones at my rink.) In addition, our skating club does make an effort around the Dec/Jan timeline of accomodating the adult skaters for Adult Sectionals deadline, just as we accomodate for the standard track skaters around the summer time for Regionals deadline. The filled test session thing is not a concern to me! (Historically, my home club has a test session just before the Adult Sectionals/Nationals deadline just for this reason.)

I doubt I'll have a problem with my test session conflicts with my job, since at my home rink it's on a Sat. morning!!! Plus I doubt my job would have a problem with me taking off a half day off to take my tests if I really have to take it at another club's test session.

As for injuries... well, if I'm injured around the test session date, I'm likely not gonna be recovered enough in time for Sectionals and probably out of shape for Nationals anyway. :P

In any case, I should run this by my coaches (particularly the primary coach) first. I'd like to hear what they have to say about it. But I think it should be okay with the primary coach at least.

The size of the rink is roughly equivalent to YB. Good thing you mentioned the ice is not meat locker/ice hockey hard.

Coming back from Atlanta with a pass on Bronze Moves is certainly something to consider. (And HEY if I didn't pass it, I'll have more feedback for the coaches anyway!) :P

Terri C
06-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Like I said before, I'm keeping the option to test moves in Atlanta in mind, but my coach would have to be there for the freestyle- I mean this would be attempt #5 at the free and she's been there for all 4 failed attempts!
Now, off to e-mail Ginger/Rob to see if there will be a test session- I'll update everyone!

Terri C
06-08-2005, 10:17 AM
I just checked the website and the announcement is up! Will have to wait until I get home from work to look at it though! :roll:

jenlyon60
06-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Actually only the link to the announcement was up as of a couple minutes ago.

Maybe the announcement is "en-route"

Stormy
06-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Super excited for Peach again this year! The announcement isn't up yet, but the entry form and practice ice forms are up. Who's going? Mskater, will you be there again?

skaternum
06-08-2005, 11:58 AM
I'll definitely be there!

jazzpants
06-08-2005, 12:54 PM
(Knock on wood that nothing financially bad happens to be before I buy airline tickets....)

Yes, skaternum! Primary coach told me that you told him to harassed me into going to Atlanta. So, barring emergencies, I will be there for my debut at Peach Classic and doing Interp and Bronze Moves.

I will be debuting my new artistic program too! It will be kinda rough though. The program will be about 2-3 months old and...lets just say w/o giving the program away that the Chinese spiral and the attitude spiral in the program are two of my many worries!!! :twisted: I won't have a FS program by then, unfortunately, so Terri will just have to beat the pants off all the other pre-Bronze skaters for me!!! 8-)

Hope I'll be WAAAAY more than ready for my Bronze Moves test by then! I'm still contemplating taking the test in Atlanta and getting it out of the way. I won't care if I win the Moves event or not...as long as that test is out of the way! :twisted: :P

flo
06-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Jazz - I've also been with my coach forever - even before the first AN! But I look at it a little differently. Because we've been together so long, I know exactly what he's going to say or do at a test session or competition. I always feel like he's there! At my silver test he had another student testing at the same time a hour away! Because we've worked to gether for so long, I was fine with him going to my friend's test. I do belive that it's been a positive element to have him physically at events, but I can also say that It's also not been a negative factor when he's not physically been there. Have confidence in yourself in that you really have been well trained and that's what will be with you at the test!

Terri C
06-08-2005, 03:51 PM
So the link to the announcement is not working and the entry form is missing the disciplines on it. Hummm, wonder what Bronze moves will be the skated ones. Jazz, I think we're in for power three hell! :twisted:

jazzpants
06-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Flo: Well, the primary coach is in Germany now and it's something we need to discuss when he gets back! (I briefly ran into him in the elevator Monday night... to give him a check for his lessons!!!) :P I'm sure that if I did go the route of taking it in Atlanta that he would want 1) the test forms back and 2) a phone call either way to tell him the results.
So the link to the announcement is not working and the entry form is missing the disciplines on it. Hummm, wonder what Bronze moves will be the skated ones. Jazz, I think we're in for power three hell! :twisted:Depends... do they usually have the same move every year at Peach??? Last year's was the power 3's and the back Xover to BO edge. Maybe this year's alternating forward crossovers and five step mohawks?

Not that I care about the moves competition anyway. As long as I do well enough to pass that #$%@ Bronze Moves test, I'm happy!!! :twisted: It would be very interesting though if I won the event, but NOT pass the Bronze Moves test anyway. :twisted: (You still testing in July?)

Terri C
06-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Jazz, I think we're in for power three hell! :twisted:

One quick e-mail to Rob and the announcement is fixed! :D

No power threes this year!!! It'll be 5 step mohawk and back power perimeter crossovers! :D

jazzpants
06-08-2005, 08:40 PM
One quick e-mail to Rob and the announcement is fixed! :D

No power threes this year!!! It'll be 5 step mohawk and back power perimeter crossovers! :DInteresting... okay, I have some nit-picky issues with both, but they're not really bad at all now...

Thanks for e-mailing Rob, Terri!!! :D

mskater
06-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Can't believe it's already time for Peach again, how exciting! Yeah, I'll be there doing my freeskating event again, but this year I've got a new program:] What events are you planning?

Super excited for Peach again this year! The announcement isn't up yet, but the entry form and practice ice forms are up. Who's going? Mskater, will you be there again?

Terri C
06-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Okay folks who's doing what???

I'll be doing Pre- Bronze Ladies III ( yup the new age rules take effect here!)
Bronze MIF
If there is a test session offered, I may take my Bronze moves there!

jazzpants
06-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Sorry guys to disappoint you guys, but unless I find a decent deal, I'm gonna have to bail out of this one. :cry:

This link (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=17764) should explain why I'm not going... :frus:

I also couldn't find a decent enough deal on airfare... It's costing about $350 roundtrip just for airfare alone for me. :(

Terri C
06-18-2005, 07:48 PM
I also couldn't find a decent enough deal on airfare... It's costing about $350 roundtrip just for airfare alone for me. :(

First of all. WAHHHH!!! There goes the Battle of the Pre- Bronze Peanut Gallery in the Bronze MIF event!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I do have to say that my airfare was going to be $350 if I chose to fly out of Norfolk- the airport that's 5 minutes from my house. Therefore, I'm flying out of Newport News.
That's what happens when your friendly neighborhood airport has one major airline dominating a non stop route to a major city! :roll:

jazzpants
06-19-2005, 12:41 AM
First of all. WAHHHH!!! There goes the Battle of the Pre- Bronze Peanut Gallery in the Bronze MIF event!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I do have to say that my airfare was going to be $350 if I chose to fly out of Norfolk- the airport that's 5 minutes from my house. Therefore, I'm flying out of Newport News.
That's what happens when your friendly neighborhood airport has one major airline dominating a non stop route to a major city! :roll:Well, I haven't totally given up yet. I'm still watching the travel websites and keeping my eye out for another price war on airfares. It was this one strange week where the flights (with one stopover) was $202. I'm still skating as if I am preparing for Peach... but if you don't hear me say that I'm going after all by the deadline, assume that I'm not going...

Speaking of Peanut Pre-Bronze Gallery... who else is going... and competing in Bronze MIF?

Here's hoping for another airline price war... *crossed fingers* I will say that if I was going, I would be in Interp III and Bronze MIF, with me doing okay on the Bronze Moves test if they have one there. And if I do make it to Peach and there is a test session and Jay can't make it... Loops, I'm taking up your offer to be a coach! No sense putting it off. If I pass it, great! If not, I'll still have Jay there for the next one. Heck, I would love to have the whole skatingforum crowd there! Maybe that will be enough to sway the judges to pass me!!! :P :halo: :lol:

Stormy
06-19-2005, 09:05 AM
I will be doing Silver Free, Gold Moves, probably some other event like compulsory moves or jumps. I am hoping for a decent deal of airfaire too. Boston to Atlanta (a delta hub!) shouldn't be more than $200, IMO, if I have to pay more than that, I'll be really irked!

Terri C
07-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Today I was a good girl and mailed off my entry and practice ice forms and fees with a happy dance- just what I needed after the week I've had!

coskater64
07-15-2005, 08:32 AM
I will attempt my Jr moves, and possibly Juv FD (tests). I will compete masters (nov)fs and SR/JR moves, spins and pre-gold dance. It should be fun. My regular coach will not be there for my tests but my dance coach will.

la

Debbie S
07-15-2005, 11:05 AM
I will attempt my Jr moves, and possibly Juv FD (tests). I will compete masters (nov)fs and SR/JR moves, spins and pre-gold dance. It should be fun. My regular coach will not be there for my tests but my dance coach will.

la

Good luck with the tests. If you're competing Masters Novice, does that mean you've passed Int FS? Congrats!

Good luck to everyone competing (and/or testing) at Peach!

coskater64
07-15-2005, 06:46 PM
I will take my Int FS in late August right before peach. The rules say I can skate M Nov since I have passed my gold FS so, why not? I will continue to take my Int FS until I pass it --currently, I am not jumping at all, just dancing, spinning and doing moves. I'll start jumping again in about 2 weeks.

Good luck to all skating at peach, it should be a fun time.

la

NoVa Sk8r
07-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Probably no Peach for me this year. I have no singles program, and the pairs one is hobbling along--we only have the first minute and a half done. :cry:

Mrs Redboots
07-16-2005, 03:13 AM
Probably no Peach for me this year. I have no singles program, and the pairs one is hobbling along--we only have the first minute and a half done. :cry:So? You still have at least six weeks.... oceans of time! Come on, Steve, you could wing it if you had to (it has been done.... we all know by whom!).

Terri C
07-16-2005, 06:24 AM
Probably no Peach for me this year. I have no singles program, and the pairs one is hobbling along--we only have the first minute and a half done. :cry:

Um, don't want to hear it! You can do spin events and the Gold MIF event to see how your test is progressing! Just think- no nips if you don't show!
By the way, Terri is in NO mood for a campaign! :evil:

jazzpants
07-16-2005, 12:45 PM
By the way, Terri is in NO mood for a campaign! :evil:Ummmm.... Stephen... I wouldn't mess with her there... She sounds like she means business... 8O :P

Good luck Terri and kick some ice booties!!! All you guys out there have fun for me! (I'll be preparing for Bronze Moves in the meantime...) :frus:

skaternum
07-16-2005, 03:33 PM
NoVa, if you don't come to Peach, how will you pick up your calendar?? :twisted:

LoopLoop
07-16-2005, 05:26 PM
NoVa, if you don't come to Peach, how will you pick up your calendar?? :twisted:

I don't intent to be a delivery service!

Terri C
07-16-2005, 07:00 PM
I don't intent to be a delivery service!

Ooohh, sounds like there will be sounds of Oblivion at Peach!
And, I do charge milage for delivery!

NoVa Sk8r
07-16-2005, 07:06 PM
NoVa, if you don't come to Peach, how will you pick up your calendar?? :twisted:Well if I'm *in* the calendar, I don't want to see it anyway! (How's that project coming anyway? Did you add a supplement due to a late-entry pose? :lol: )

Mrs Redboots
07-17-2005, 06:42 AM
Hey, Skaternum, can I have a calendar??

skaternum
07-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Hey, Skaternum, can I have a calendar??I think that what I'll do is, at some point, put the file up as a pdf which you can print out yourself. Easiest way to share it with skating buddies around the world! :)

jazzpants
07-17-2005, 12:29 PM
I think that what I'll do is, at some point, put the file up as a pdf which you can print out yourself. Easiest way to share it with skating buddies around the world! :)Better not send NoVa the link though... it might give him an excuse for NOT showing up at Peach!!! :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Terri C
07-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Better not send NoVa the link though... it might give him an excuse for NOT showing up at Peach!!! :lol: :twisted: :lol:

I second, third and fourth that motion!!!! :twisted: :lol:

NoVa Sk8r
07-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Better not send NoVa the link though... it might give him an excuse for NOT showing up at Peach!!! :lol: :twisted: :lol:Methinks I have many *other* excuses ... BUT Loops's and my program is coming along swimmingly as of a few hours ago on the ice, so that is very encouraging.

Terri C
07-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Methinks I have many *other* excuses ...

Fair warning- a list has already been started!!! :twisted:

jazzpants
07-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Fair warning- a list has already been started!!! :twisted:So far we got 10 of them... :twisted: :P :lol:

Nova: I think you'll be going to Peach anyway... Just my hunch and knowing that you can't resists those vodka nips... :twisted: :lol: :P

skaternum: I defintely want a calendar! I look forward to getting one. ;)

NoVa Sk8r
07-17-2005, 09:41 PM
I think that what I'll do is, at some point, put the file up as a pdf which you can print out yourself. Easiest way to share it with skating buddies around the world! :)Great; I look forward to receiving the link ... ;) (Long live Public Enemy #1 and his inspiring poses!)

NoVa Sk8r
07-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Nova: I think you'll be going to Peach anyway... Just my hunch and knowing that you can't resists those vodka nips... :twisted: :lol: :P
Well, I *was* planning on being someplace else at that time--perhaps I can reschedule; we'll see.
(And another excuse: Loops and I have no costumes. ... and fringe and flap material takes a long time to prepare! :lol: )

Terri C
07-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Great; I look forward to receiving the link ... ;) (Long live Public Enemy #1 and his inspiring poses!)

Please see earlier post by Jazzpants- YOU will not get the link,as you are expected to collect your calendar in person! :twisted:

Mrs Redboots
07-18-2005, 12:19 PM
I think that what I'll do is, at some point, put the file up as a pdf which you can print out yourself. Easiest way to share it with skating buddies around the world! :)Thanks, that would be terrific!

jazzpants
07-18-2005, 12:43 PM
(And another excuse: Loops and I have no costumes. ... and fringe and flap material takes a long time to prepare! :lol: )I don't know, dude! Last I've checked you guys in DC do not have a rhinestone shortage there... :twisted: And I'm sure you can find someone to make you a costume in a month's time if needed...or worse comes to worst, wear a costume from a previous year until you get your permanent costume. Besides, if I know Loops, she'll make sure she gets her costume in plenty of time...

Next excuse for me to trash? :twisted:

NoVa Sk8r
07-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Last I've checked you guys in DC do not have a rhinestone shortage there... :twisted: And I'm sure you can find someone to make you a costume in a month's time if needed...or worse comes to worst, wear a costume from a previous year until you get your permanent costume. Besides, if I know Loops, she'll make sure she gets her costume in plenty of time...Next excuse for me to trash? :twisted:The rhinestones are not a problem (are they ever?).

A month's time? That's really not long enough to make outfits that would give this program justice. With pairs (and dance), the outfits must be designed so as to not hinder the ability to perform lifts, throws, and holds. The lady's outfit has less room for error in the fitting department because it should not slide around or off. (!)

Costumes from a previous year? Well, we've only been competing together for a year, and my outfit from last year--with its infamous and hated flap--has been burned.

And, if I'm out of the country, well, I'm not gonna fly back for little ol' Peach. :roll:

(Your volley. :twisted: )

flo
07-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Loops,
I can send you a couple of pair program dresses. With a couple of them Nova can be in black. What's your music?

Terri C
07-18-2005, 01:54 PM
A month's time? That's really not long enough to make outfits that would give this program justice. With pairs (and dance), the outfits must be designed so as to not hinder the ability to perform lifts, throws, and holds. The lady's outfit has less room for error in the fitting department because it should not slide around or off. (!)

Costumes from a previous year? Well, we've only been competing together for a year, and my outfit from last year--with its infamous and hated flap--has been burned.

And, if I'm out of the country, well, I'm not gonna fly back for little ol' Peach. :roll:

Oh , puhleaaze!!!! You will be there, period!

jazzpants
07-18-2005, 02:01 PM
The rhinestones are not a problem (are they ever?).

Costumes from a previous year? Well, we've only been competing together for a year, and my outfit from last year--with its infamous and hated flap--has been burned.Ahhh, c'mon!!! They got Sarah Hughes' Olympic costume over the weekend. Surely they can do yours in a few weeks... :P (I got mine in about 6 weeks...delayed to get more rhinestones, ironically!!!)

You could also wear all black... I see flo's offer too!!! ;)

(Your volley. :twisted: )Where's the trip? Is it work related? If it is, you COULD tell your manager that you already spent tons of $$$ on this trip to Atlanta... and see how fast they'll make other arrangements to make sure you get in your trip to Peach... (I've done that a couple of times... never had a problem...)

(The ball is in YOUR court now... :twisted: )

flo
07-18-2005, 02:12 PM
You and loops can order white blanks and I'll paint them for you!

Terri C
07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
I can send you a couple of pair program dresses. With a couple of them Nova can be in black. What's your music?

IIRC, NoVa acquired a black one piece velvet outfit. If it goes with what Flo is willing to lend out, the costume issue is solved for Peach!

jazzpants
07-18-2005, 02:15 PM
You and loops can order white blanks and I'll paint them for you!Thanks, flo!!! :mrgreen: ;)

No costuming excuse now, NoVa!!! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/bloblaugh.gif

NoVa Sk8r
07-18-2005, 02:21 PM
IIRC, NoVa acquired a black one piece velvet outfit. If it goes with what Flo is willing to lend out, the costume issue is solved for Peach!Sorry, I *borrowed* that one piece. It has since been returned to its rightful owner (and it was too big anyway).
Using *white* for a tango number?! Oh, the humanity!

The trip is not business related .. and as if *I* would be sent on a trip to represent my employer; that is too rich. (This is the person on whom my employer based a memo detailing proper work attire! :P No more wearing cargo shorts to the office.)

<Serve ...>

flo
07-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Nova, you wouldn't wear white, just buy it. I hand paint skating costumes. Silly goose!
By the way, there's a great Mirella dress on their close outs that would be great for a tango! I'll look for the link.
http://www.mirella-dance.com/sales/M203-9.html

jazzpants
07-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Sorry, I *borrowed* that one piece. It has since been returned to its rightful owner (and it was too big anyway).
Using *white* for a tango number?! Oh, the humanity!Oh, puh-leeze!!! Tango number... you could easily do a black shirt and pants!!! :roll: Get a red hankerchief for the shirt pockets and fake red rose too!!!

flo: That is a GORGEOUS tango dress!!! :mrgreen:

The trip is not business related .. and as if *I* would be sent on a trip to represent my employer; that is too rich. (This is the person on whom my employer based a memo detailing proper work attire! :P No more wearing cargo shorts to the office.)

<Serve ...>Can you ask this person to move the trip up or down a week? Tell him it's for an important competition that you go to just about every year. That person would understand...

Just bring a change of outfit before you go skating... Problem solved!!! (I'm wearing my skating jazzpants and shirt to the office now. No problem so far...then again, I'm an engineer. I don't represent the press or meet clients and all that...) ;)

(Serve back...)

FrankR
07-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Nova, you wouldn't wear white, just buy it. I hand paint skating costumes. Silly goose!
By the way, there's a great Mirella dress on their close outs that would be great for a tango! I'll look for the link.

Hey NoVa,

There you have it. Problem solved. That dress is so you! :twisted:

LOL. Just kidding, just kidding! :D

Taking to my heels and running for cover as we speak. ;)

:P

Frank

NoVa Sk8r
07-18-2005, 02:44 PM
<Major sigh>

I give up. :giveup:

(I'm quitting skating--again.)

NoVa Sk8r
07-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Taking to my heels and running for cover as we speak. ;)
Hey Frankster prankster, are YOU going to Peach?
(OK, Peach gallery ... time to shift focus and attack someone else! :P)

Raye
07-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone, I just made a lightning decision and I will be coming to Peach this year after all. I just have to find someone from my club executive that is not out of town on holiday to sign my form before Wednesday so that it can be postmarked before Thursday!!! :frus:

Question: Anyone know if I may send it along now without that part signed and then follow up with a letter from my club as soon as someone is NOT out of town on holiday?

See you all there :) :) :)

FrankR
07-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey Frankster prankster, are YOU going to Peach?
(OK, Peach gallery ... time to shift focus and attack someone else! :P)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey there,

Actually, I'm taking a longer off-season to work on gold moves and make my decision as to whether to stay silver or try to move up. I figure I'll take the gold moves no matter what but I'm not sure about taking the free yet. I'm planning on starting my season at Aston in November.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :mrgreen:

Frank

jazzpants
07-18-2005, 02:58 PM
<Major sigh>

I give up. :giveup:

(I'm quitting skating--again.)NAH!!! You LOVE skating too much to quit!!! :P Besides... you don't want whatever work you've already put into your pairs program and Gold moves this year go to waste, right? ;)

NoVa: I know well enough to know that you pulled this the ol' "I'm not gonna compete at <blah competition>" every chance you get!!! :roll: And the only thing I'll say though is that we all have a lot of fun killing off your excuses... tee hee hee... :lol: :twisted:

NoVa Sk8r
07-18-2005, 03:10 PM
NAH!!! You LOVE skating too much to quit!!! :P Besides... you don't want whatever work you've already put into your pairs program and Gold moves this year go to waste, right? ;)

NoVa: I know well enough to know that you pulled this the ol' "I'm not gonna compete at <blah competition>" every chance you get!!! :roll: And the only thing I'll say though is that we all have a lot of fun killing off your excuses... tee hee hee... :lol: :twisted:I love skating, true. But I don't need to compete in order to enjoy skating--heck, I'd probably enjoy skating more if I stopped entering all these competitions. And I'm sure I won't miss the 5 days or so that I've worked on the new pairs program.

Gold moves? Huh? The only gold move I can do is the slide chasse ... and that's because it was relocated from the silver moves test!
I'm silver for life, sister! (The only way I'll compete in gold is if I skate up a level.)

Hey ... you're supposed to be attacking Frank for not doing Peach. Bad jazz, bad jazz! And you're not doing Peach either, jazz, right? You hypocrite! :twisted: :P

(Finally, I'm quite scared of Loops if I don't end up competing ... but she's entering 5 other events or so, so I would be HELPING her by NOT competing. Hmmm, I need to think about that one. ...)

LoopLoop
07-18-2005, 03:16 PM
(Finally, I'm quite scared of Loops if I don't end up competing ... but she's entering 5 other events or so, so I would be HELPING her by NOT competing. Hmmm, I need to think about that one. ...)

I think it's only 3 other events; I won't be equaling your 5 events from last year's Halloween competition. ;)

NoVa Sk8r
07-18-2005, 03:18 PM
I think it's only 3 other events; I won't be equaling your 5 events from last year's Halloween competition. ;)Oh, well, then ... that changes EVERYTHING! :P

Debbie S
07-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Hi everyone, I just made a lightning decision and I will be coming to Peach this year after all. I just have to find someone from my club executive that is not out of town on holiday to sign my form before Wednesday so that it can be postmarked before Thursday!!!

Have a great time! Did your club give its members a letter at the beginning of the membership year which essentially certifies that you are a member in good standing? If so, all you need to do is attach a copy of that to your entry form and you should be fine. If not, then I would e-mail the organizers about it - I'm sure they'll work with you to find a way for you to compete there.

Terri C
07-18-2005, 03:56 PM
I love skating, true. But I don't need to compete in order to enjoy skating--heck, I'd probably enjoy skating more if I stopped entering all these competitions.

I know one thing you'd miss!!! No nips for you sir!

Hey ... you're supposed to be attacking Frank for not doing Peach. Bad jazz, bad jazz! And you're not doing Peach either, jazz, right? You hypocrite! :twisted: :P

But I'm going to Peach, so there!

Terri C
07-18-2005, 04:18 PM

Now, here is my new solution to the costume problem:
Loops gets dress that is posted above and stones it to match the red shirt that NoVa wore for his singles program. NoVa will also wear black pants with the red shirt and voila- costume dilemma is solved!
Next excuse, please!
Hey NoVa- aren't you doing Gold spins this year as well? :idea:

jazzpants
07-18-2005, 04:24 PM
And you're not doing Peach either, jazz, right? You hypocrite! :twisted: :PTerri's going in my place... and you know of my reasons (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=17764) why I'm not going and I'm sticking by it!

I'm still working on my financial issues... I've already talked to the pilates guy about my financial issues and he'll see about either pairing me up with someone to save me some costs. As for putting too much money into the household account, that's now in my HR's dept. hands now!

However, it still doesn't eliminate the costs of pilates (or my secondary coach is very insistent that I do pilates.) It still doesn't help that I may have to go to NYC again this year for the holidays...or the fact that I have a mortgage, car insurance, house insurance, property taxes... and oh, hopefully a new car in the copious someday to replace my old 10 year old Honda Civic!!! :frus: I'm lucky that I can still afford to go skating!!! 8O

But hey! If you're willing to pay for my airline ticket, hotel and time off work, I'll go... :P

Debbie S
07-18-2005, 04:35 PM
But hey! If you're willing to pay for my airline ticket, hotel and time off work, I'll go... :P

Sounds like a good topic for a new NoVa campaign! :idea: :P

jazzpants
07-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Sounds like a good topic for a new NoVa campaign! :idea: :PNice try, Debbie!!! But finances are very tight. :cry: (I'm gonna PM you and Terri on this...)

NoVa Sk8r
07-18-2005, 05:23 PM
However, it still doesn't eliminate the costs of pilates (or my secondary coach is very insistent that I do pilates.) It still doesn't help that I may have to go to NYC again this year for the holidays...or the fact that I have a mortgage, car insurance, house insurance, property taxes... and oh, hopefully a new car in the copious someday to replace my old 10 year old Honda Civic!!! :frus: I'm lucky that I can still afford to go skating!!! 8O Um, I have all of those expenses (and I have singles AND pairs lessons), but I live in a single-income household! :twisted:

NoVa Sk8r
07-18-2005, 05:27 PM
(Oops, double post--lordy, I'm gettin' so riled up here!)

NoVa Sk8r
07-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Loops gets dress that is posted above and stones it to match the red shirt that NoVa wore for his singles program. NoVa will also wear black pants with the red shirt and voila- costume dilemma is solved!
Next excuse, please!
Hey NoVa- aren't you doing Gold spins this year as well? :idea:No offense, but I don't really care for that dress. I would stop skating with Loops if she wore it (hey Loops, here's your out!). And trust me, I'm sure she doesn't like it either.

My red shirt says "tango" as much as my crossovers say "good skating technique."

Gold spins is actually "gold/masters" spins. Um, a silver skater competing against the mighty Davin? Yeah, OK. (And then maybe Loops can spin against Lucinda Ruh.)

Raye
07-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Have a great time! Did your club give its members a letter at the beginning of the membership year which essentially certifies that you are a member in good standing? If so, all you need to do is attach a copy of that to your entry form and you should be fine. If not, then I would e-mail the organizers about it - I'm sure they'll work with you to find a way for you to compete there.

Hi: No, and that's my problem. What a great idea for next year, though. That way I won't run into this again.

I have e-mailed the president of the Georgia Club about this... here's hoping I can compete - especially since I've booked the flights!!! :roll:

So will you be there???

Terri C
07-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Gold spins is actually "gold/masters" spins. Um, a silver skater competing against the mighty Davin? Yeah, OK. (And then maybe Loops can spin against Lucinda Ruh.)

Hey, you are that good in the spin department- you could give them a run for it!

jazzpants
07-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Um, I have all of those expenses (and I have singles AND pairs lessons), but I live in a single-income household! :twisted:Read your PM... there's more...

Debbie S
07-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi: No, and that's my problem. What a great idea for next year, though. That way I won't run into this again.

I have e-mailed the president of the Georgia Club about this... here's hoping I can compete - especially since I've booked the flights!!! :roll:

So will you be there???

A lot of clubs around here provide a letter to their members that has their name and USFSA number on it and says that the member is in good standing for the 2005-06 (or whatever year) year and that they have permission to submit a copy of the letter in lieu of a club officer's siggy for tests and non-qual comps (for qual comps you do need a siggy). It's pretty convenient, especially if you're not at your home rink a lot or need certification at the last minute.

Nope, I won't be at Peach this year. I'm still undecided about the Halloween Classic. I'll probably do either New Year's or the Winter Classic in Feb. But maybe I'll make it to next year's Peach. :)

NoVa Sk8r
07-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Read your PM... there's more...Gothca ... now read my PM for more in-depth NoVa gospel ...

Terri C
07-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey NoVa, the Emmy nominations were last week and the Oscar nominations won't be for awhile! Can you lay off the drama, please? :roll:

jazzpants
07-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Gothca ... now read my PM for more in-depth NoVa gospel ...Gotcha back... as long as we understand each other's dilemmas. (Sound interesting actually!!! :) )

FrankR
07-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey, you are that good in the spin department- you could give them a run for it!

I agree with Terri on this one. Although Davin is awesome you're a pretty awesome spinner yourself. Think about it. You have a great camel, a good low sit, the Toller-esque catch leg upright, the half-Biellman, flying-camel catch-foot and all with good speed. And that's just the stuff that I happen to have seen. Don't sell yourself short! It's bad kharma (and a little too Dawson's Creek-ish if you ask me. ;) :lol: )

Frank

NoVa Sk8r
07-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey NoVa, the Emmy nominations were last week and the Oscar nominations won't be for awhile! Can you lay off the drama, please? :roll:Meow! Pot -- kettle -- black! :twisted:

LoopLoop
07-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Next excuse, please!

Nope, that dress is only available in a size petite! At 5'7" that won't work for me...

Terri C
07-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Meow! Pot -- kettle -- black! :twisted:

Dude,I don't think so! I had a real dilemma about Peach until last week, and most people on the board (including you and Loops) knew about it! Hissss!!!! :twisted:

Terri C
07-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Nope, that dress is only available in a size petite! At 5'7" that won't work for me...

Okay, so at least we tried that!

flo
07-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Oh well. After listening to your music, I'd wear something a little more sophisticated. I sent loops a photo of a dress she's welcome to borrow 'till yours are ready. It's copper and black - and has the requisite sequins.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/flopair/pfmrnationals.jpg

It also has good fortune - a silver in masters pairs at AN, and a 5th in silver finals at AN.

NoVa Sk8r
07-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Oh well. After listening to your music, I'd wear something a little more sophisticated. I sent loops a photo of a dress she's welcome to borrow 'till yours are ready. It's copper and black - and has the requisite sequins.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/flopair/pfmrnationals.jpg

It also has good fortune - a silver in masters pairs at AN, and a 5th in silver finals at AN.Thanks, flo. We might just take you up on that offer. Apparently, we're getting fitted for outfits this weekend. <<crosses fingers>>

(And my coach and I choreographed my entire singles program this morning ... I got lost on the rocker/choctaw step 8O , but I'm sure the program will be changed 100 times from now until year's end.)

Mrs Redboots
07-19-2005, 09:53 AM
http://www.mirella-dance.com/sales/M203-9.htmlHey - I've got that dress! I wear it over a black T-shirt, though (long-sleeved in winter), as I don't get my upper arms out (and I need a bra with straps if I'm to skate with no discomfort). I only didn't bring it to wear at the dance session at Adult Nationals as I'd bought a dress the previous day which packed smaller! I often wear the red-and-black to dance clubs, and plan to wear it to RIDL matches in future - the dress I have been wearing is suddenly a bit big and needs pinned, which is a pain in the you-know-where when you need to go to the loo!

Anyway, the point is, I can vouch for that dress, it's lovely!

Mrs Redboots
07-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Gold moves? Huh? The only gold move I can do is the slide chasse ... and that's because it was relocated from the silver moves test!Someone describe that move, pretty please?

I don't understand the "Signature of Club Officer" - we never have that on competitions here, you just have to give your NISA number. Obviously we get someone to sign when we are doing forms for Mountain Cup, etc, but it's considered very unusual (and no, although Husband is a club officer of both the Figure and Dance clubs, he likes administration, can you imagine, he doesn't sign mine!).

Debbie S
07-19-2005, 11:36 AM
(And my coach and I choreographed my entire singles program this morning ... I got lost on the rocker/choctaw step 8O , but I'm sure the program will be changed 100 times from now until year's end.)

So you are competing in singles this season, I presume? :)

Where are you going for your pair outfits, by the way? Is he/she in the DC area?

NoVa Sk8r
07-19-2005, 11:58 AM
So you are competing in singles this season, I presume? :)

Where are you going for your pair outfits, by the way? Is he/she in the DC area?Competing this season in singles? ... well, eventually. I've learned that the only way to prevent my coach from getting me to work on gold moves is to work on my program. :D

Our designer is a silver-level adult female skater. We've seen examples of her work worn by other adult skaters (and some who frequent this forum). She is in the DC area ... well, outside of the DC area (~20 miles north of Leesburg, Va.).

jenlyon60
07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Inside Slide Chasse sequence...RFI-LBI mohawk, RBO3, LFI slip step to RFI, slip step to LFI-RBI mohawk, LBO3, RFI, LFI, RFI-LBI <starts the repeat>. The slip steps are not just "put the other foot down" but should have some power generation with them. There should be a rip or growl of the edges on the FI-FI-FI steps, as well as even flow, good posture and body alignment over curving edges and an even cadence.

Someone describe that move, pretty please?

I don't understand the "Signature of Club Officer" - we never have that on competitions here, you just have to give your NISA number. Obviously we get someone to sign when we are doing forms for Mountain Cup, etc, but it's considered very unusual (and no, although Husband is a club officer of both the Figure and Dance clubs, he likes administration, can you imagine, he doesn't sign mine!).

jazzpants
07-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Competing this season in singles? ... well, eventually. I've learned that the only way to prevent my coach from getting me to work on gold moves is to work on my program. :D Boy, you SUUUUUURE hate those forward crossovers on the power circles, doncha??? :P :lol: (I hate my back crossovers too, but like it or not, I gotta do them for my tests...) :frus:

NoVa Sk8r
07-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Boy, you SUUUUUURE hate those forward crossovers on the power circles, doncha??? :P :lol: (I hate my back crossovers too, but like it or not, I gotta do them for my tests...) :frus:To quote my coach this morning: "Ok, let's maybe do forward crossovers to an Ina Bauer ... No, wait! We want to minimize the number of forward crossovers. Actually, you probably shouldn't do any at all." :P

Mrs Redboots
07-20-2005, 06:57 AM
Inside Slide Chasse sequence...RFI-LBI mohawk, RBO3, LFI slip step to RFI, slip step to LFI-RBI mohawk, LBO3, RFI, LFI, RFI-LBI <starts the repeat>. The slip steps are not just "put the other foot down" but should have some power generation with them. There should be a rip or growl of the edges on the FI-FI-FI steps, as well as even flow, good posture and body alignment over curving edges and an even cadence.Thanks. Sounds eminently do-able, with the possible exception of the BO 3s.....

flo
07-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Nova,
Do back crossovers into a bauer. We did them as a pair - backward X down the length and just as you hit the corner, go into pair outside bauers.

NoVa Sk8r
07-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Nova,
Do back crossovers into a bauer. We did them as a pair - backward X down the length and just as you hit the corner, go into pair outside bauers.That's what I'm doing ... (but this is for my singles program).

And Loops only allows me to do one 'me' moment in the pairs program--that's on a back catch-foot spiral! :P

flo
07-20-2005, 08:53 AM
If you do it together it's a wee moment! Ha ha ha.
Sorry no coffee yet.

Terri C
07-20-2005, 10:30 AM
That's what I'm doing ... (but this is for my singles program).

And Loops only allows me to do one 'me' moment in the pairs program--that's on a back catch-foot spiral! :P

That being said, just answer the $20,000 question:
Are you going to Peach?

NoVa Sk8r
07-20-2005, 10:58 AM
That being said, just answer the $20,000 question:
Are you going to Peach?Maybe. (And I thought it was "the $64,000 question?" Hmmm ... inflation at work?)

blue111moon
07-20-2005, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Mrs Redboots]
I don't understand the "Signature of Club Officer" - we never have that on competitions here, you just have to give your NISA number. QUOTE]

That's because, speaking from my 20 year administration of my club's Open, people LIE.

Supposedly the club officer's signature means that the information on the entry form is correct, the skater is indeed a member in good stand (i.e. doesn't owe outrageous sums of money) and is not competiting below their test level (i.e. cheating). In reality, some officiers sign the form before it's filled out or don't even read the information on it and have no clue what the skater's standing or test level is. Basically, the signature then means that the skater has the club's permission to enter that event, no more.

And 99% of the time, that's fine and nothing more comes of it. In my club's dinky little open, we get people who put in the wrong birthdate which puts the skater in an "easier" flight, or the wrong event level ("No, you cannot enter Pre-Juvenile if you've passed Intermediate."), gender ("Is Jordan male or female? You checked both."), club ("Which 'CFSC' are you a member of?"), discipline ("You need more than one skater to be a team."), etc. Most of the time the mistakes get caught before the competition but every year, there's one or two who show up to skate in what is obviously the wrong group - a girl in a Boy's FS, a ten-year-old in a flight full of teenagers, - or as in happened a while ago - a skater who had tested up TWO levels over the one she had entered, recognized because TWO of the judges on the panel had judged her test and remembered her. It's amazing and appalling what some people will do to get their name on the top of the results sheet.

The last few years, we've required the coach to sign the form as well as the club, just to cut down on the post-schedule phone calls to change skaters put in the "wrong" event. And we charge a fee to switch a skater to an event that's different from the one on the form.

Now that USFSA has on-line registration for qualifying events, the signature isn't as important (I liked it because it let me, as president, keep track of who was entering what) but it's still up to the club to contact Headquarters and let them know who has outstanding bills. The country's just too big with too many members to keep tabs on.

Mrs Redboots
07-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Supposedly the club officer's signature means that the information on the entry form is correct, the skater is indeed a member in good stand (i.e. doesn't owe outrageous sums of money) and is not competiting below their test level (i.e. cheating). In reality, some officiers sign the form before it's filled out or don't even read the information on it and have no clue what the skater's standing or test level is. Basically, the signature then means that the skater has the club's permission to enter that event, no more.Thank you for that.

I think our club system is very different to yours; clubs really only matter for matches - Southern League, Team Challenge, etc, where you skate for your club rather than as an individual. We skate for our club - and for another club - in two Recreational Dance Leagues, but other than that, it is the rinks that provide teaching ice, etc, often by selling it to the teachers, who have to recoup their costs from their skaters.

Our coaches have to sign our test forms - and provide their NISA numbers, so that NISA can check they are qualified teachers and that you are a member in good standing, and pass that information back to the test chair, but not competition forms. Even for those competitions where you may only enter if you are taught by one of the teachers at the rink, they don't have to sign, but the club would check if the competition secretary didn't recognise who you were!

But, as you say, your skating community is rather larger than ours!

Terri C
07-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Maybe. (And I thought it was "the $64,000 question?" Hmmm ... inflation at work?)

Well, you've got less than 24 hours to make up your mind!

NoVa Sk8r
07-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Well, you've got less than 24 hours to make up your mind!Loops and I discussed this on my way home from work this evening .........

jazzpants
07-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Loops and I discussed this on my way home from work this evening .........Great! A guy that likes to leave people in suspense... *sigh* Whatever...:roll: :P

Terri C
07-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Great! A guy that likes to leave people in suspense... *sigh* Whatever...:roll: :P

Or drive them crazy! Dude, you kill me!

NoVa Sk8r
07-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Or drive them crazy! Dude, you kill me!Uh, oh ... Our choreographer just punked out on Loops and me for tomorrow morning. I was hoping to see where our program stood, and if we could finish choreographing it. (We've been trying to get this program for months now. :?? )

Me? Drive people crazy? Actually, that's one of my endearing qualities ... ;)

jazzpants
07-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Me? Drive people crazy? Actually, that's one of my endearing qualities ... ;)From whose perspective... a nutter's? :twisted: :P :lol:

Here's an interesting question... can you or Loops make up something for the ending??? (Just a thought... not assuming anything, which is why I asked.) The other relevant question is of course, how close are you two to finishing your program?

starskate6.0
07-20-2005, 09:43 PM
G-day all

Its been a long time since Iv been here but just wanted to say hello again , Ill be at peach, doing freestyle, interp, pairs interp, and a team event...
:) See you there.

star

NoVa Sk8r
07-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Here's an interesting question... can you or Loops make up something for the ending??? (Just a thought... not assuming anything, which is why I asked.) The other relevant question is of course, how close are you two to finishing your program?Make up something? 8O Not for this program--the music's too complex. We've got another minute left to work on.
I'm worried because it took 3 months to learn last year's program AND I'm gonna be away in August.

In any event, you'll see the program in its entirety at the Halloween Classic.

jazzpants
07-21-2005, 12:38 AM
In any event, you'll see the program in its entirety at the Halloween Classic.Sorry! I wish! But while you two are competing at the Halloween Classic, I'll be competing at Skate SF debutting my new artistic! :P (I was gonna debut it at Peach, but *sigh*... Just as well! It's not ready yet. My program also keeps changing on me here... and it's still far from being ready for competition b/c I suck at moves...) :twisted:

Terri C
07-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Okay, who has made the mad dash to the post office?
NoVa, will there be extra vodka nips? :P

Stormy
07-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Yup, that'd be me! Procrastination is my friend! :)

Ice T
07-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Hey gang! Me and some of the other Florida girls will be there again this year. Can't wait!! And let's try and not have a hurricane this year, OK? :D

pennybeagle
07-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Sent in my forms today. Will be competing Silver (II) Freestyle and also Silver jumps.

Actually, I have a question about silver jumps: it says a "single/single" combination...does that allow for an axel, or not? There's nothing on the actual form that specifies axel or no axel for the jump only event.

See you all there!

mskater
07-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Yup, that'd be me! Procrastination is my friend! :)

Unfortunately, this is a mutual friend of ours;] I've had my application signed and filled out for 2 weeks now and just sent it in this morning
8O I'll be 'freeskating' and 'jumping' this go-round.

Terri C
07-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Unfortunately, this is a mutual friend of ours;] I've had my application signed and filled out for 2 weeks now and just sent it in this morning

Yay! I'll finally get to meet you and Stormy!

LoopLoop
07-22-2005, 08:53 AM

Yay, you'll be there! Haven't seen you since last year's Peach!

skatingatty
07-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Sent in my forms today. Will be competing Silver (II) Freestyle and also Silver jumps.

Actually, I have a question about silver jumps: it says a "single/single" combination...does that allow for an axel, or not? There's nothing on the actual form that specifies axel or no axel for the jump only event.

See you all there!

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can do an axel as part of the combination since they didn't say it was not allowed. Go for it!

I'll be doing gold team and the gold/masters spins event. So, what did Novask8r decide-- Peach or not? (Sorry if I missed a thread-- haven't been reading everything.) :) I'll be skating in 3.5 hours.... can't wait to escape the heat.

Terri C
07-22-2005, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=skatingatty] So, what did Novask8r decide-- Peach or not? [QUOTE/]

That's been the cliffhanger of the week! :lol:

mskater
07-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Yay, you'll be there! Haven't seen you since last year's Peach!

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already! It will be good to see you; are you doing Sectionals/Nationals? How soon I forget...

Look forward to meeting you Terri!

Glad to hear you will be there skatingatty:]

Stormy
07-22-2005, 05:47 PM

Yaaaay, I can't wait to see you again, and meeting more new friends. Vodka nips for everyone! :)

Beccapoo2003
07-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Yes, Pennybeagle, you can do the Axel in that event.
Becca

skaternum
07-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Yes, Pennybeagle, you can do the Axel in that event.
BeccaAnd Becca should know. She unleashed her axel-toe combination to kick my butt in that event last year! :)

Beccapoo2003
07-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks, Skaternum... that's an awesome compliment!! :D Now, if anyone can reveal the secret to getting dat d@mn Axel consistant-I'd LOVE to hear it! :frus: :frus: :frus:
USH!!
Becca

pennybeagle
07-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks, Skaternum... that's an awesome compliment!! :D Now, if anyone can reveal the secret to getting dat d@mn Axel consistant-I'd LOVE to hear it! :frus: :frus: :frus:
USH!!
Becca

That would be two of us. It's here one day, gone for the next week or two, etc... Sorta like the camel spin.

Mrs Redboots
07-26-2005, 08:28 AM
By the way, Becca, I was in the chemist (pharmacy) the other day, and guess what I saw there? That's right, white hair spray! Now, why didn't I look in there in the first place, when I was buying the pink stuff???? :roll: The other chain doesn't have nearly as many colours.

That was where I was texting - well, the skater who did the Britney Spears routine - to ask whether she wanted me to get her natural blonde or platinum blonde spray, and waiting around for her answer, all the way from Estonia where she was doing Vana Tallinn!

PattyP
07-26-2005, 10:54 AM
That would be two of us. It's here one day, gone for the next week or two, etc... Sorta like the camel spin.

I'm with you both! My axel and camel just mysteriously dissapeared this morning :roll: My coach was so mad she cut my lesson short. :frus: :frus:

I had been on a roll with the axel for about 3 weeks straight, I thought maybe, just maybe it was finally consistant...HA! :giveup:

Beccapoo2003
07-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Good news....I FOUND A PARTNER FOR COMPULSORY DANCE AT PEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WWOOOOOOOOOHHHO OOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I'm so excited I just had to vent.... :P
Meanwhile, back to the Axel :roll:
Becca

skaternum
07-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Yay, Becca!! Who's the lucky guy??

Mrs Redboots
07-27-2005, 05:36 AM
Yay, Becca!! Who's the lucky guy??"Lucky"????:?: :twisted:

NoVa Sk8r
07-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Looks like Loops and I will be skating up to gold pairs! 8-) 8O :P

And the men's gold FS event might be canceled because of only one entrant. :??

skaternum
07-28-2005, 11:02 AM
And the men's gold FS event might be canceled because of only one entrant. :?? That sucks! I know both Ross & Kelton will be there, because they're both on teams. What's up with that?

NoVa Sk8r
07-28-2005, 11:10 AM
That sucks! I know both Ross & Kelton will be there, because they're both on teams. What's up with that?It appears that our beloved starskate6.0 hath withdrawn!

InsideAxel
07-28-2005, 11:55 AM
And the men's gold FS event might be canceled because of only one entrant. :??

I've asked the organizers to move me to Silver (since I was skating up in the first place). Kind of disappointing though, as my new program has been coming together nicely (not this morning though!). Oh well, looking forward to it either way.

C'ya,

Kelton

NoVa Sk8r
07-28-2005, 11:59 AM
I've asked the organizers to move me to Silver (since I was skating up in the first place). Kind of disappointing though, as my new program has been coming together nicely (not this morning though!). Oh well, looking forward to it either way.Hmmm. maybe *I* will skate up to gold. I don't really have a program, but might be fun to throw in a double sal attempt in a competition! 8-)

InsideAxel
07-28-2005, 12:04 PM
I don't really have a program

That wouldn't be anything new for that event. ;) Maybe we could have them change it to Impromptu?

NoVa Sk8r
07-28-2005, 12:18 PM
That wouldn't be anything new for that event. ;) Maybe we could have them change it to Impromptu?How true. I could always bring back my AN2005 program. :roll:

skaternum
07-28-2005, 12:28 PM
I've asked the organizers to move me to Silver (since I was skating up in the first place).Phew! I was afraid you'd withdraw and not go, thereby screwing up The Team That Discovered The Problem With The Entry Form. :)

InsideAxel
07-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Phew! I was afraid you'd withdraw and not go, thereby screwing up The Team That Discovered The Problem With The Entry Form. :)

And miss the chance to wear that top?!? No way! ;)

mskater
07-31-2005, 05:11 PM
Just bumping this thread back up to the top, because it's about Peach:] Anyone else getting exciting and anxious? My runthroughs are going terribly but that's always the case for me a month before a competition. Time to amp up the intensity of my practices! My main goal for this year is to do a combination jump in my program, I always get too tight and leave it out :frus:

Terri C
07-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Just bumping this thread back up to the top, because it's about Peach:] Anyone else getting exciting and anxious?

Count me in on that one! I'm excited because I've been wanting to do this competition for years and it's the first time I'll be flying to a competition!
I'm anxious about getting the schedule and finding out who or how many skaters are in my groups for events.
I'm also excited about seeing what mischief will surface this year! :halo: :twisted:

mskater
07-31-2005, 05:24 PM
No doubt there will be plenty of mischief all around:] Can't wait to see the schedule either. I'm assuming my trusty competitor will be back this year since I've not heard any news of my event being cancelled.

Terri C
07-31-2005, 05:31 PM
No word of my events being cancelled either, but they are pretty well attended in terms of competitors (Pre Bronze free, Bronze MIF and Interp)

NoVa Sk8r
07-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Time to amp up the intensity of my practices! My main goal for this year is to do a combination jump in my program, I always get too tight and leave it out :frus:I have total faith you'll pull it off. 8-)

I may skate up to gold, and if so, I'm gonna throw in a double salchow/loop attempt just for fun. :P <gasp>

jazzpants
07-31-2005, 10:30 PM
I may skate up to gold, and if so, I'm gonna throw in a doule sal/loop attempt just for fun. :P <gasp>Go for the GOLD, NoVa!!! WOO HOO!!! :P (I bet you're curious to see how well you compete as a Gold Man, right?)

NoVa Sk8r
07-31-2005, 11:56 PM
Go for the GOLD, NoVa!!! WOO HOO!!! :P (I bet you're curious to see how well you compete as a Gold Man, right?)Well, no ... but I'd hate to see the gold event canceled. (And I wanna see InsideAxel land all 5 of his doubles!) I'm nowhere near a gold-level skater, and I'm perfectly content being in silver (for life). Make no mistake, I'm gonna get creamed (I honestly wouldn't be surprised to get third in this 2-man field!), but I have a new program--and it's not yet fully choreographed, so "winning" just means getting my program out there and not making a *complete* fool of myself. ;)

Still, I need to discuss it with my coach ...I'm gonna need a few turbo-charged lesson so she can help me attempt the double sal--it's been over 4 months since we worked on them--and reschool me in axel attempts.

LoopLoop
08-01-2005, 10:16 AM
My runthroughs are going terribly but that's always the case for me a month before a competition.
Runthroughs? I guess I should start doing some of those... 8O I've only had two lessons with my main coach this summer and we've been working on other things; luckily I've had some with my other coach, but I don't work on programs with him at all.

Terri C
08-01-2005, 10:24 AM
After next Tuesday, I may be going for up to two weeks without lessons! 8O
Before a competition, that is not good! At least I know what I need to do!

skatingatty
08-01-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm not anxious or nervous yet (ask me again right before the competition), but I'm not doing the free skating event this year. Therefore, I'm not wiping the ice and getting frustrated trying to do axels at the moment. That's for later on this winter! Can't wait to see you all at Peach. I will bring my camcorder again. BTW, Terri, are you in Virginia Beach? I was just there this past weekend (campaigning for Supriya Christopher). While driving on the highway, I saw a billboard for DarKastle at Busch Gardens, and first thing that popped into my mind when I saw it from far away was "DonKorte," as in the guy with the adult skating website!

Terri C
08-01-2005, 04:36 PM
BTW, Terri, are you in Virginia Beach?

Yup, and haven't been to Busch Gardens in years!

mskater
08-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Ok, Nova in the Gold event...I really need to find a cow bell now! I say go for it and just have fun with it:] Are you doing the spins event this year?

Loops, I promise to run through my program tomorrow in practice if you do?;]

skaternum
08-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Ok, Nova in the Gold event...I really need to find a cow bell now!I can help with that. I have a lovely cow bell that's just been waiting for the right opportunity! :twisted:

mskater
08-01-2005, 07:37 PM
I can help with that. I have a lovely cow bell that's just been waiting for the right opportunity! :twisted:

Awesome skaternum, 'hook me up' and I'll make sure it gets plenty of use ;)

Raye
08-01-2005, 11:06 PM
I'll be there and I am sooooo looking forward to it!!!! :)

LoopLoop
08-02-2005, 07:44 AM
Loops, I promise to run through my program tomorrow in practice if you do?;]

No skating for me today, but I promise to do it tomorrow morning! :halo:

Mrs Redboots
08-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Husband & I were talking about it this morning - and he wishes we were going to be there! I think we'll be there one of these years; if not next year then maybe the year after.

As it is, we'll be in Bristol - not as glamorous, but at least we'll be competing! And thinking of you all.....

flo
08-02-2005, 08:55 AM
hi Terri and Gatty - I was in Va. Beach this past weekend as well - visiting my parents. One visit we'll have to hook up!

NoVa Sk8r
08-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Ok, Nova in the Gold event...I really need to find a cow bell now! I say go for it and just have fun with it:] Are you doing the spins event this year?Well, I'm actually leaning against doing gold--had a little chat with coach this morning, and she thinks it's bad idea (for various good reasons). I think it's safer to just stick to silver mainly because I may withdraw from the singles event if the program doesn't come together. I certainly won't have an outfit by then (but hey, you just might see my pairs outfit twice in one event! :roll: ...that is if we have those outfits by then! I promise no flap this time around. 8-) )

No spins this year. Just singles and pairs.

skaternum
08-02-2005, 11:58 AM
I promise no flap this time around. 8-) )
{cue the Handel CD} Hallelujah! ;)

NoVa Sk8r
08-02-2005, 12:21 PM
{cue the Handel CD} Hallelujah! ;)Actually, the purple flapped costume would work very well in my campy, melodramatic (not just me; the music!) singles program!

jazzpants
08-02-2005, 12:39 PM
{cue the Handel CD} Hallelujah! ;)Yeah, but what about the RHINESTONES, eh??? :twisted: :lol:

Terri C
08-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Well, I'm actually leaning against doing gold--had a little chat with coach this morning, and she thinks it's bad idea (for various good reasons). I think it's safer to just stick to silver mainly because I may withdraw from the singles event if the program doesn't come together.

Damn, there goes my prank for Peach!

Raye
08-02-2005, 08:36 PM
4 weeks till Peach!!! Can't hardly wait!! :) :) :)

Mrs Redboots
08-03-2005, 08:49 AM
4 weeks till Peach!!! Can't hardly wait!! :) :) :)Oh, don't, Raye - that means it's only a fortnight to the Scottish Adult Championships, and another 2 weeks until Bristol! And no morning ice the week after next.... oh dear..... and coach on holiday..... helppppp!

Beccapoo2003
08-04-2005, 08:47 AM
OK, I have reserved 4 rooms at the Extended StayAmerica Atlanta- Gwinnett Place for Sept 2nd and 3rd, (it's one exit down from the rink), for the great rate of $43.99 a night. They have a queen sized bed and a kitchen. Puleeze lemme know if you are interested.
Becca

LoopLoop
08-04-2005, 08:51 AM
I might be interested, Becca, but it depends if my partner wants to stay there too! (Since I presume we'll be sharing one rental car...)

NoVa, feel free to chime in here.

briar4012
08-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Oh, don't, Raye - that means it's only a fortnight to the Scottish Adult Championships, and another 2 weeks until Bristol! And no morning ice the week after next.... oh dear..... and coach on holiday..... helppppp!

Is it the Adult Open at Bristol you are talking about? Which events are you competing in? I'm hoping I will be able to go and watch and may be help out so I might see you (assuming I've got the right comp! Lol)
Anna :D

Mrs Redboots
08-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Is it the Adult Open at Bristol you are talking about? Which events are you competing in? I'm hoping I will be able to go and watch and may be help out so I might see you (assuming I've got the right comp! Lol)
Anna :DIt is indeed - the one on 4 September; we're entering the Couples Compulsory Dances and Couples Free Dance, both at Elementary level.

Raye
08-05-2005, 02:13 PM
It is indeed - the one on 4 September; we're entering the Couples Compulsory Dances and Couples Free Dance, both at Elementary level.

Hi Annabel. All the best to you and husband on your competitions in Scotland and Bristol. :bow:

Terri C
08-06-2005, 07:05 AM
Bumping the thread up, but I do have one question:
The theme for the Competitor's party is "Enchanment Under the Sea".
Do people dress up according to the theme or no? I'd hate to be the only one dressing up!

mskater
08-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Hi Terri,

I would say that last year about half the people dressed up and half didn't...

skaternum
08-06-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm having a hard time getting excited about dressing up for this theme. The band plays mostly 90s and 00s alternative. I can't see dancing to that in 50s garb. And the sea stuff is too hard. I don't want to wear my bathing suit all night, and Hawaiian clothing isn't quite right for the theme, IMO. I think I'll probably just wear "normal" clothes.

Terri C
08-06-2005, 06:55 PM
I think I'll be doing the same (wearing "normal " clothes).

Raye
08-06-2005, 10:27 PM
I thought of dressing up - My sweetie makes a great nerd, so I thought of going as the 'Nerd and the Prom Queen' :roll: It may be my last shot at prom queen in this lifetime 8-) No unresolved issues here!!! ;)

NoVa Sk8r
08-07-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm having a hard time getting excited about dressing up for this theme. The band plays mostly 90s and 00s alternative. I can't see dancing to that in 50s garb. And the sea stuff is too hard. I don't want to wear my bathing suit all night, and Hawaiian clothing isn't quite right for the theme, IMO. I think I'll probably just wear "normal" clothes.After a *few* (ahem) drinks, it probably doesn't matter anyway! 8-)

skaternum
08-07-2005, 10:34 AM
After a *few* (ahem) drinks, it probably doesn't matter anyway! 8-)Why, sir! What are you implying?? :oops:

Terri C
08-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Why, sir! What are you implying?? :oops:

Actually, I have a better question:
Is NoVa going to dress up for the party?? :twisted: :P

NoVa Sk8r
08-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Why, sir! What are you implying?? :oops:I think the footage from last year speaks for itself!

NoVa Sk8r
08-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Actually, I have a better question:
Is NoVa going to dress up for the party?? :twisted: :PThat would be a resounding no.

Stormy
08-07-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm actually going to go to the party for the first time. Should be fun. My coach and I also decided for me to do the test session to try and get Gold moves outta the way. I didn't pay attention if there was a deadline for the session...anyone know?

Raye
08-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Ok: is anyone else dressing up for the dance?

Terri C
08-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Bump, bump, bump.... only three weeks from now!!!

NoVa Sk8r
08-18-2005, 09:19 AM
The preliminary schedule is now posted:
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic/schedule.htm

(The pairs events are on Sunday morning? Grrr.)

Terri C
08-18-2005, 10:50 AM
[/url](The pairs events are on Sunday morning? Grrr.)

Poor Loops- she is going to have to haul a@# on Sunday morning between ya'lls pairs event and the interp!
Thank God it's only a preliminary schedule!

Debbie S
08-18-2005, 11:07 AM
(The pairs events are on Sunday morning? Grrr.)

Oh, puh-leeeze, NoVa! Your event is at 10:30! :roll: Try skating at 8:30 - the usual time for us Pre-Bronze Peanut Gallery folks! Hey, if I did Peach, I'd be skating in the Bronze MIF event at 9 a.m.. My sympathies, Terri. :)

I do like how they did the schedule posting, with links to those entered in each event. It's nice to know how many competitors you'll have and where they're from, etc.

NoVa Sk8r
08-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Oh, puh-leeeze, NoVa! Your event is at 10:30! :roll: Try skating at 8:30 - the usual time for us Pre-Bronze Peanut Gallery folks! Hey, if I did Peach, I'd be skating in the Bronze MIF event at 9 a.m.. My sympathies, Terri. :) Well, I, er, tend to, um, drink--a lot. So my activities will have to be curtailed on Sat. night.

[And comparing singles and pairs events is ignorant at best. Unless you've ever lifted someone while skating a program in a competition, then you just don't know. :P The other thing which you might not know about is that Loops and I had a little mishap--I'm sure she'd call it more than a mishap--at last year's Peach when I almost dropped her during an axel lift. :oops: She can still hear the gasps from the crowd. 8-) ]

Terri C
08-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Well, I, er, tend to, um, drink--a lot. So my activities will have to be curtailed on Sat. night.

Ah-ha- I knew that's why you didn't like the pairs event on Sunday! :twisted:

jazzpants
08-18-2005, 11:19 AM
I should thank my lucky stars I ended up not going, especially for the Adult Interp III event! Me skate with the likes of Loops and skaternum? I don't think so!!! EEEEEKKK!!!! 8O :giveup: :P

NoVa, you party animal you!!! :twisted: (I had a feeling when I read his gripe about the Sunday morning pairs event that it was b/c he wanted to party...) :P

Terri C
08-18-2005, 11:24 AM
I should thank my lucky stars I ended up not going, especially for the Adult Interp III event! Me skate with the likes of Loops and skaternum? I don't think so!!! EEEEEKKK!!!! 8O :giveup: :P

Actually, sharing the warm up ice with Skaternum and Loops at New Years was quite fun!

I also have a weird feeling that the Underwear Phamtom will make it's appearance during the Sliver Men's freeskate!

jazzpants
08-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Actually, sharing the warm up ice with Skaternum and Loops at New Years was quite fun!Alright! I'll give you that thought! I could only imagine the bantering going on during the warm-up... never mind the coaches insisting that they concentrate on their warm-up! :twisted: :lol:

I also have a weird feeling that the Underwear Phamtom will make it's appearance during the Sliver Men's freeskate!I'm guessing the Underwear Phantom has a victim in mind??? ;) :twisted: :lol:

LoopLoop
08-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Coach? At a competition? That happens for me only once a year.

LoopLoop
08-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Poor Loops- she is going to have to haul a@# on Sunday morning between ya'lls pairs event and the interp!
Thank God it's only a preliminary schedule!

If that doesn't get rescheduled I'll scratch from interp.

skaternum
08-18-2005, 01:07 PM
If that doesn't get rescheduled I'll scratch from interp.Yeah, there's no way you can do that. They did the same thing to Michele last year with her freeskate and the couple's dance event. The end & start times of the 2 overlapped by 3 minutes, but they refused to change the schedule to acommodate it.

I hope the pairs stuff gets shuffled a little. As it stands, I won't be able to see any of the pairs! :x

Debbie S
08-18-2005, 01:26 PM
I couldn't help but notice that there is no Pre-Bronze I or Bronze I FS event, and Pre-Bronze II and Bronze II have only a few competitors. This is what many here feared would happen when they split the old Class I into 2 groups. At comps like Peach, where age groups can be combined, it doesn't matter, but I wonder what the entries will look like for AN next year.

Terri C
08-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Coach? At a competition? That happens for me only once a year.

That reminds me of something. The last few weeks, I've been questioned by a few parents at my rink as to whether my coach will attend Peach with me. My response- No, this is one competition that the coach will stay at home for! :twisted:

jazzpants
08-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Coach? At a competition? That happens for me only once a year.AH!!! No wonder it's so much fun then... :twisted: :lol:

Took me a while to realized when I was looking for the adult Interp event that everyone's in that I should be looking in Group III instead of Group II!!! :oops: (It's just how asleep I am when I'm at my morning FS session before my cuppa Mocha...) :twisted:

Terri C
08-18-2005, 02:35 PM
I hope the pairs stuff gets shuffled a little. As it stands, I won't be able to see any of the pairs! :x

Neither will I, Skaternum! No Obilivion for us! :cry:

NoVa Sk8r
08-18-2005, 02:47 PM
On the flip side, we won't be able to see y'all do your programs! :cry:
Last year, they showed the programs at the competitor's party on Sat. night, but the dilemma is on Sunday. :(

skaternum
08-18-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm co-chairing my club's annual comp this weekend, so I know how much work and effort goes into one of these, especially the scheduling. But ... the freeskates, pairs, and interp events are always the big crowd draws. If I ran the world, I'd do my level best to not schedule them at the same time.

And I've got a new interp this year that I want NoVa to see. I think it's right up his alley. :cry:

Terri C
08-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Remember guys, the schedule will be changed,as there is no time on the schedule alloting for ice cuts to be made! So we need not get our, er, uh underwear in a uproar yet! :) ;)

NoVa Sk8r
08-18-2005, 03:06 PM
And I've got a new interp this year that I want NoVa to see. I think it's right up his alley. :cry:Tell me you're not skating to "Calendar Girl" ... ;) :lol:

skaternum
08-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Tell me you're not skating to "Calendar Girl" ... ;) :lol:Lord, no. But that would be funny!!

BTW, that calendar is costing me a fortune! But I suppose it's worth it. :twisted:

NoVa Sk8r
08-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Lord, no. But that would be funny!!

BTW, that calendar is costing me a fortune! But I suppose it's worth it. :twisted:Seriously, how can you put a price on evilllle?! :P

I heard that mskater provided last-minute poses for the late-entry shot! :D

mskater
08-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Seriously, how can you put a price on evilllle?! :P

I heard that mskater provided last-minute poses for the late-entry shot! :D

Actually that's still in the works, but skaternum knows she has a a willing and 'able' model;] (((call me)))

Ugh, don't get me started on this schedule. I was planning on drinking enough for all of Atlanta but I have to jump at 9:15 in the AM!!!:( What's an mskater to do??:]

Terri C
08-22-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm not too excited about the schedule, either. I mean I compete Bronze MIF first thing Saturday morning then wait a crazy 7 hours for the freeskate! :roll:
Hopefully it will get changed soon!

skatingatty
08-24-2005, 02:25 PM
I want to buy a calendar! How much? :D

mskater, 9:15am? Ugh... that is early to compete. I will do my best to crawl out of bed before 8am to go watch and cheer. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Peach! I'll bring my videocamera again.

jazzpants
08-24-2005, 02:41 PM
I want to buy a calendar! How much? :D I want one too! :twisted: (So skaternum... when should we expect to see this calendar?) ;)

skaternum
08-24-2005, 03:17 PM
I want one too! :twisted: (So skaternum... when should we expect to see this calendar?) ;)
I'll be bringing a few with me to Peach. For those who won't be there, I'd be willing to send it via a pdf, so you can print and bind your own. I don't want to get into the mess of shipping them out or anything.

I'll have to see how much the printing and binding cost tonight for the hard copy ones.

NoVa Sk8r
08-24-2005, 03:31 PM
I'll be bringing a few with me to Peach. For those who won't be there, I'd be willing to send it via a pdf, so you can print and bind your own. I don't want to get into the mess of shipping them out or anything.

I'll have to see how much the printing and binding cost tonight for the hard copy ones.Oh, whee! what fun ... so you're actually going thru with this?
Too bad the honored guest of the project won't be there in person to enjoy the unveiling--perhaps unveiling is not the best choice of words!! :P

InsideAxel
08-24-2005, 04:22 PM

I'll have to see how much the printing and binding cost tonight for the hard copy ones.

Hmmm, did you get releases from all the models? I think there may be some royalty issues. ;)

skaternum
08-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Oh, whee! what fun ... so you're actually going thru with this?Oh, yes! To paraphrase Dr. Seuss: "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. Skaternum is faithful 100 percent."

It's not a very big calendar -- 3 months per page -- but that's all I need. :twisted:

skaternum
08-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Hmmm, did you get releases from all the models? I think there may be some royalty issues.Nope, but I got verbal approval from everybody to have their picture taken "for a calendar." As to royalties, you're welcome to 10% of any profit I make. Which will be 10% of 0. As I'm paying for the first printing out of pocket, I'm happy to accept donations from anyone who wants one. But I wouldn't dream of asking any of my models to pay! You guys are like muses to me. :lol:

InsideAxel
08-24-2005, 05:13 PM
As to royalties, you're welcome to 10% of any profit I make.

8O 8O Who said I was in it? :twisted:

Mrs Redboots
08-25-2005, 06:13 AM

I'll have to see how much the printing and binding cost tonight for the hard copy ones.I'd love a pdf copy, when you have a moment, please. You have my home e-mail address, I think? If not, pm me and I'll send it to you.

Terri C
08-25-2005, 08:31 AM
I'll be bringing a few with me to Peach.

I'll be more than happy to claim a copy next week!!! :D :twisted: :lol:

mskater
08-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Skaternum,

I suppose my upcoming photo will have to go in next year's edition? I've always wanted to be a "Mr. December" ;]

LoopLoop
08-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Aw, mskater, you're not in this year's version? I may have to cancel my order in that case. ;) :halo:

skaternum
08-25-2005, 09:45 AM
For those wanting the pdf version, it's not quite ready yet. I haven't converted the files to pdf. (I have to ... um ... borrow Acrobat from a gracious employer.) :halo:

skaternum
08-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Aw, mskater, you're not in this year's version? I may have to cancel my order in that case.Not to worry. Not only is he in this year's version, he's actually the Cover Boy!

LoopLoop
08-25-2005, 10:04 AM
<LoopLoop wipes brow> Whew! Thanks for the reassurance, skaternum.

Terri C
08-25-2005, 04:11 PM
There's been a revamping of the schedule:
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic/schedule.htm

Now, we'll all be a little busy toward the end on Saturday! :roll:

skaternum
08-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Crap! They've still got the Interp stuff Sunday morning at the same time as the pairs. So I get to:

Compete in my Jumps event in the Thrasher rink. Change clothes.
Run to the IceForum Rink to help/see Michele in her Spins event and the first Gold pair.
Run back to the Thrasher rink and do my Interp event.

So I'll get to see only 1 of the 4 pair teams. Crap! Crap! Crap! And LoopLoop will have to scratch from her interp. Crap! Crap! Crap!

Terri C
08-25-2005, 04:44 PM
And LoopLoop will have to scratch from her interp. Crap! Crap! Crap!

Loops, have you said anything about this to Rob?

Saturday will be just as fun- I'll get to haul @#$ from Thrasher to Ice Forum rink and back to see Loops, Skaternum, NoVa, InsideAxel and mskater!

skaternum
08-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Well, I don't expect a referee to know telepathically what events I want to watch. :lol: But I do expect a referee to NOT schedule one person for back-to-back events on different rinks. (Which would have solved my watching problem, incidentally.)

Keeping in mind that everyone putting this on is a volunteer, including the ref.

Terri C
08-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Well, I don't expect a referee to know telepathically what events I want to watch. :lol: But I do expect a referee to NOT schedule one person for back-to-back events on different rinks. (Which would have solved my watching problem, incidentally.)

Keeping in mind that everyone putting this on is a volunteer, including the ref.

ITA, but the Silver men and Ladies III events are running concurrent with the Masters. Those events are the mostly watched, IMHO.

mskater
08-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Damn, I really liked last year's schedule, I don't remember having problems catching anyone's event. Hopefully skatingatty will be able to video most events;]

InsideAxel, I'm going to make sure you match me drink for drink on Saturday so that we both go into Sunday's competition equally disadvantaged:]

Question, which rink is Thrasher and which is the Forum? I don't recall...

skaternum
08-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Thrasher is the farthest rink from the main entry. The IceForum rink is the one straight ahead of you as you come in the main entry.