View Full Version : Peach Classic 2005

Pages : 1 [2]

jazzpants
08-25-2005, 08:24 PM
I'll be bringing a few with me to Peach. For those who won't be there, I'd be willing to send it via a pdf, so you can print and bind your own. I don't want to get into the mess of shipping them out or anything.I won't be at Peach this year. I'll be enjoying my brand new car instead. (Okay that and practicing Bronze Moves for Oct!) But I would love a PDF copy! I know you know my email... :twisted:

mskater, the cover boy??? What a nice stuffing stuffer!!! :mrgreen: (Seriously, folks! I have no clue what mskater looks like... Haven't met him or seen his picture yet...but I'm curious!!! :twisted: )

InsideAxel: You're not in it??? 8O Spoiled sport!!! :twisted: :P :lol:

mskater
08-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Thrasher is the farthest rink from the main entry. The IceForum rink is the one straight ahead of you as you come in the main entry.

Thanks skaternum, I like to visualize my program and the surroundings, etc...

mskater
08-25-2005, 08:38 PM
I won't be at Peach this year. I'll be enjoying my brand new car instead. (Okay that and practicing Bronze Moves for Oct!) But I would love a PDF copy! I know you know my email... :twisted:

mskater, the cover boy??? What a nice stuffing stuffer!!! :mrgreen: (Seriously, folks! I have no clue what mskater looks like... Haven't met him or seen his picture yet...but I'm curious!!! :twisted: )

InsideAxel: You're not in it??? 8O Spoiled sport!!! :twisted: :P :lol:

I believe Inside's in it if I'm not mistaken. And I'm flattered that Skaternum put me on the cover, but then again, I have proposed to her once before... ;]

Beccapoo2003
08-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Ya, my FS is at the same time as my team event on the other rink. (of course, I'm entered in only 7 events! I can see why it is so hard for the organisers to schedule everything! We'll see how it goes...The folks in Atlanta are so wonderful to work with! Maybe if we all party so hard on Saturday night, we can bribe them and make them let us sleep in a little later on Sun morning. ;) (wishfull thinking) :?? On with the adventure.......
AND MISCHIEF...........MHUUUHHHAAAHHAAAA!!!!!! 8-) :twisted: 8-) :twisted: 8-) :twisted:

jazzpants
08-25-2005, 09:20 PM
I believe Inside's in it if I'm not mistaken. And I'm flattered that Skaternum put me on the cover, but then again, I have proposed to her once before... ;]MAN!!! SKATERNUM!!! You got mskater putty in your hands!!! :mrgreen: What's your secret??? :twisted: ;) :lol:

InsideAxel
08-25-2005, 10:18 PM
InsideAxel, I'm going to make sure you match me drink for drink on Saturday so that we both go into Sunday's competition equally disadvantaged:]
Given how my lessons have gone this week, the alcohol couldn't do anything but help. :frus: Of course, I'm always willing to try!! :D

NoVa Sk8r
08-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Given how my lessons have gone this week, the alcohol couldn't do anything but help. :frus: Of course, I'm always willing to try!! :DPerhaps you can imbibe a few before your freeskate as well? :halo: :P I need all the help *I* can get as well.

And unfortunately, on the pairs front, Loops has to deal with my spaced-out moments and paranoia. 8O On the plus side, we get our outfits tomorrow! NO flaps. :D

LoopLoop
08-26-2005, 07:24 AM
On the plus side, we get our outfits tomorrow! NO flaps. :D
But given the timing, probably no rhinestones either. :cry: :cry: Oh well, I guess we'll get the sparkly stuff on in time for the Halloween comp.

Terri C
08-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Perhaps you can imbibe a few before your freeskate as well? :halo: :P I need all the help *I* can get as well.

And unfortunately, on the pairs front, Loops has to deal with my spaced-out moments and paranoia.

You getting nervous too? Thought it was just me with the sitspin refusing to show up for practice this week!
All will be right in Terri's world when watching the Silver men (aka "Battle of the Calendar Boys" :twisted: ) over vodka nips!

LoopLoop
08-26-2005, 08:21 AM
And LoopLoop will have to scratch from her interp. Crap! Crap! Crap!

Hey, it's one fewer costume I need to pack. ;)

skaternum
08-26-2005, 08:38 AM
On the plus side, we get our outfits tomorrow! NO flaps. :DMusic to my ears! For the early part of my skating career, I've been on a mission to eliminate BLACK as the adult skater's wardrobe staple (in the early years, it looked like a d*** funeral during warmups!). Now I'm on a mission to eliminate FLAPS from male skater's costumes! :lol:

NoVa Sk8r
08-26-2005, 09:06 AM
Music to my ears! ... Now I'm on a mission to eliminate FLAPS from male skater's costumes! :lol:Oh, I was only referring to my pairs outfit! :twisted:

InsideAxel
08-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Perhaps you can imbibe a few before your freeskate as well? :halo: :P I need all the help *I* can get as well.

You buy 'em, I'll drink 'em...just be careful with sandals. ;)

skaternum
08-26-2005, 10:51 AM
How many light fixtures do you think mskater can destroy at the party this year?? 8-)

Terri C
08-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Now I'm on a mission to eliminate FLAPS from male skater's costumes! :lol:

The Duluth Ice Forum is going to be declared a "flap-free zone" :P

LoopLoop
08-26-2005, 11:49 AM
How many light fixtures do you think mskater can destroy at the party this year?? 8-)
I vote two; after all, he needs to top last year! :halo:

jazzpants
08-26-2005, 02:07 PM
The Duluth Ice Forum is going to be declared a "flap-free zone" :PAnd of course, either you or skaternum are gonna come with scissors in hand, right? :twisted: :P (Okay, maybe not that cruel... they'll just sew up the flap to the wrist!!!) :lol:

Terri C
08-26-2005, 03:13 PM
And of course, either you or skaternum are gonna come with scissors in hand, right? :twisted: :P (Okay, maybe not that cruel... they'll just sew up the flap to the wrist!!!) :lol:

Skaternum will have to bring the scissors,she's driving, I'm flying. :)

mskater
08-26-2005, 03:27 PM

Hey, I'm still not taking sole blame for that one! But it was funny and I can't say it won't happen again :lol:

Beccapoo2003
08-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Ha! Ha! :lol: Yup, me thinks there will be beach balls again this year! Whooopeee!! Can't wait!!
Becca

Terri C
08-29-2005, 07:38 AM
Amongst the strange and bizzare is that the practice schedule is up and have people signed up that are not in any of the groups? Can anyone explain that one! :??

Stormy
08-29-2005, 10:03 AM
SOSOSOSOSOSOOOO excited for Peach! I have made the main focus of the comp testing my Gold Moves Friday night....I think I am scratching from FS because the program isn't really ready and I really wanted to concentrate on getting those goshdarn moves OUT OF THE WAY! Mskater, I can't wait to see you, and Loops and Nova as well. :)

NoVa Sk8r
08-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Amongst the strange and bizzare is that the practice schedule is up and have people signed up that are not in any of the groups? Can anyone explain that one! :??Well, I sent mine in late (I'm sure others did, too). And some folks will just do pick-up so that they can try to pick a session instead of it being chosen for them.

LoopLoop
08-29-2005, 02:34 PM
It's official now, I just emailed Rob and withdrew from Interp. It might have been *possible* to run from the pairs event on one rink to skate interp on the other, but that would have meant I couldn't watch the other pairs, so the decision wasn't all that tough. So now I'm down to three events. 8-) And that's one less dress to pack!

skaternum
08-29-2005, 03:37 PM
It's official now, I just emailed Rob and withdrew from Interp. It might have been *possible* to run from the pairs event on one rink to skate interp on the other, but that would have meant I couldn't watch the other pairs, so the decision wasn't all that tough. So now I'm down to three events. 8-) And that's one less dress to pack!So what are we going to do about me watching your pairs event and you watching my interp event? Guess we'll have to have somebody taping in each rink, then exchange cameras after the events are over. I'm still SO bummed about this schedule. :cry:

dani
08-29-2005, 04:48 PM
SOSOSOSOSOSOOOO excited for Peach! I have made the main focus of the comp testing my Gold Moves Friday night....I think I am scratching from FS because the program isn't really ready and I really wanted to concentrate on getting those goshdarn moves OUT OF THE WAY! Mskater, I can't wait to see you, and Loops and Nova as well. :)

I took my Gold Moves last week - I am also scratching FS for that same reason! I wanted to take my moves with the Novice move. I seemed to suffer from "standard" judging as I didn't get any bonus points at all from one judge on my power circles!

I haven't been around at all, but I can't wait to see all of my friends!!!

Danielle

Terri C
08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
So what are we going to do about me watching your pairs event and you watching my interp event? Guess we'll have to have somebody taping in each rink, then exchange cameras after the events are over. I'm still SO bummed about this schedule. :cry:

We'll just have to pray that Skaternum and I are at the bottom of the order in Interp- that might help a little!

NoVa Sk8r
08-29-2005, 08:59 PM
I haven't been around at all, but I can't wait to see all of my friends!!!It's great to see you posting again. 8-) Can't wait to see you at Peach--I'll be the one in the flap costume. :halo:

jazzpants
08-30-2005, 12:43 AM
It's great to see you posting again. 8-) Can't wait to see you at Peach--I'll be the one in the flap costume. :halo:Followed by at least one woman with a pair of scissors in hand aiming for the flap... :twisted:

Good to see you post again, dani!!! It HAS been ages!!!! :mrgreen:

Terri C
08-30-2005, 04:46 AM
It's great to see you posting again. 8-) Can't wait to see you at Peach--I'll be the one in the flap costume. :halo:

Um, the Duluth Ice Forum has been declared a flap free zone by the Ministry of Skating!! :twisted: :lol:

Dani.... looking forward to seeing you!!! :D

NoVa Sk8r
08-30-2005, 04:57 AM
Followed by at least one woman with a pair of scissors in hand aiming for the flap... :twisted:We really don't need anyone running with scissors ... and it's a modified version of the flap. ;)

skaternum
08-30-2005, 09:46 AM
We really don't need anyone running with scissorsMy momma raised me better than that!
... and it's a modified version of the flap.Oh, yes. Once I'm finished with it, it will be greatly modified.

Dani, can't wait to see you at Peach!!

Terri C
08-30-2005, 05:48 PM
We really don't need anyone running with scissors ... and it's a modified version of the flap. ;)

Run? Sneaking up is more like it! :twisted:
After completion, that flap will really be modified!

jazzpants
08-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Run? Sneaking up is more like it! :twisted:
After completion, that flap will really be modified!Nah! Knowing skaternum, it'll be gone by the competition date! She's THAT good!!! :twisted:

skaternum
08-30-2005, 07:37 PM
Nah! Knowing skaternum, it'll be gone by the competition date! She's THAT good!!!
Aw, shucks. :oops:

mskater
08-30-2005, 08:06 PM

Stormy, looking forward to seeing you too! Good luck with your Gold Moves Test - you are great at moves, I'm sure you'll do well:]

My highly-regarded 'costumer' has yet to actually start sewing my outfit so it's nail-biting time for me 8O

NoVa Sk8r
08-30-2005, 10:19 PM
My highly-regarded 'costumer' has yet to actually start sewing my outfit so it's nail-biting time for me 8OI'm sure you can bribe him with a few shots of Frangelico! ;) :P

NoVa Sk8r
08-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Nah! Knowing skaternum, it'll be gone by the competition date! She's THAT good!!! :twisted:Well, I have a few tricks up my sleeve(s) ... oh, darn, that's saying too much! ;)

Terri C
08-31-2005, 06:29 PM
:( I just called the LaQuinta to confirm my hotel reservation. Out of curiousity, I asked if there were any hurricane evacuees at the hotel, and was told "quite a few."

NoVa Sk8r
09-02-2005, 08:39 AM
I'm off to Atlanta--assuming my plane has fuel! :??
Hope that everyone arrives safely--see ya soon!

Terri C
09-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Just got to the hotel-my plane arrived a half hour early and got luggage and rental car with no problems!

Debbie S
09-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Just got to the hotel-my plane arrived a half hour early and got luggage and rental car with no problems!

Glad to hear you got there OK. Wishing a safe trip to Loops, NoVa, skaternum, and everyone else who is going. Have fun and kick some ice butts!

jazzpants
09-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Glad to hear you got there OK. Wishing a safe trip to Loops, NoVa, skaternum, and everyone else who is going. Have fun and kick some ice butts!Ditto here!!! And we want reports too!!! LOL!!! :D

SK8RX
09-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Good luck to everyone. Have a good time and skate great!

FrankR
09-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Best of luck to everyone at Peach!

:D

Frank

TimDavidSkate
09-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Good Luck to all competitors

jazzpants
09-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that Terri C got her Bronze in her Bronze MITF event!!! YAAAAAY!!!! KICK BUTT, TERRI!!! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pcheerleader.gif

Haven't heard much about anything else so far... If I hear anything and don't see it posted here, I'll let y'all know...

Debbie S
09-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Congrats to Terri C, Loops, and NoVa on their Silver medals in their FS events today! :bow:

NoVa Sk8r
09-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Will post more later, but thanks to Rob and his cohorts for once again pulling off a stellar event.
Much thanx to Becca for all the nips -- the rum came in handy on the plane. 8-)

And thanx for all the underwear thrown on the ice after the pairs program!!! The phantom struck ME!

Congrats to InsideAxel for passing his gold freeskate test on Fri. night. It was awesome, and you rock!

And the no-flap rule was for the most-part observed--or did mskater break it? ;)

And hey, no light fixtures were busted at the competitor's party!

Thanks skaternum--the calendar looks, uh, great. What is it ... a "navel" disaster? :P

NoVa Sk8r
09-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Wowie -- results are up already! 8O :bow:
http://gafsc.org/peachclassic/2005/results.htm

Terri C
09-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Just got home and unpacked!
NoVa forgot to mention that he and Loops won their pairs event this morning. Their presentation and program was fabulous for a first time out! Can't wait to see the progress of this program.

My memories of Peach:
Flying to a competition for the first time with my flight arriving 30 minutes early and seeing my skate bag and suitcase on the baggage claim carosel.
Picking up my rental car and getting the EXACT same model that I drive at home. :D :D

Finding Diet Pepsi at the hotel and competitor's party in the land of Coca Cola.

Meeting skaters that I've only heard of, such as Jenny Needam-Wall, Les Ascher and Ellen Z, Davin Grindstaff, Larry S, Yumiko K (who has the BEST stroking) and the "legendary" Alabama gang!

Eating cookies courtesy of Jay the Cookie Man, who like the rest above I'd heard of, but never met!

Sharing the ice with some awesome Pre Bronze competitors from the Atlanta area. I told a couple of them about this forum and hope to see them here soon!

Skating the best version of my freeskate, especially since I was feeling so lousy earlier in the day that for a minute or two or ten, I considered scratching!

Getting to see a Gold Freestyle test- Inside Axel- we knew the test was a no brainer for you!

Giving everyone in the Thrasher rink this morning a alternative to going to church, and getting through my Interp without crying.

Meeting posters like Raye (thanks for the candy!), Stormy, and mskater!

Seeing my old gang, skaternum, Michelle A, LoopLoop, Beccapoo, and my spin hero- NoVa, as well as other competitors, such as Diana Graser Simmons, Melissa Pepling, Beth Bilka, Jenny Bill.

I'm sure that with other postings, I'll remember more, but this is the GRANDADDY of all the adult competitions and I'm so glad I was able to be there.

NoVa Sk8r
09-04-2005, 08:30 PM
And Terri also skated the best version of her Remember the Titans (Go Titan P-P-Powerrr!) program ... 8-)
But where, oh where, did that sit spin go, hmmm? :P

Terri C
09-04-2005, 08:38 PM
And Terri also skated the best version of her Remember the Titans (Go Titan P-P-Powerrr!) program ... 8-)
But where, oh where, did that sit spin go, hmmm? :P

Um dude, no way in hell was I going to try for it considering the fact that I was feeling like crap earlier in the day.
Actually, I'm having a timing issue. Coach #1 says that I snap my free leg too quickly and Coach #2 says I don't snap it fast enough, :giveup: so I'm going to have to have them get their brains together help me figure out what would work. It will get back in the program in due time.
Now do inform us when you get your Playgirl contract, mmkay! :P

Debbie S
09-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Great job, Terri! And NoVa, Loops, skaternum, InsideAxel, dani, mskater, and all the others who competed!

Reading the reports from Peach has got me thinking about entering HC. I wasn't planning on it, but maybe I'll think about a couple of "throwaway" events, as skaternum calls them, like Spins or MIF. It would have to be something I don't have to take extra time to practice.

Debbie S
09-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Now do inform us when you get your Playgirl contract, mmkay! :P

Oh, my! :P

Yeah, when can those of us out here in non-Peach land see the finished, um, masterpiece?

NoVa Sk8r
09-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Just got home and unpacked!
NoVa forgot to mention that he and Loops won their pairs event this morning. Their presentation and program was fabulous for a first time out! Can't wait to see the progress of this program.Thanx; it really is a work in progress. We had never skated the program in our outifts, which we got a few days ago--and they still need to be gussied up with rhinestones!
I think Loops and I are very happy with the program. There were a few minor thinkgs that I know are gnawing us, but I guess we can't complain. We had been focusing on the choreography and the elements in our practicing that we forgot to work on ... power and speed. We noticed that the other gold team spanked us in this regard. I watched our pair program, as the video happened to be playing as I approached the videographer stand, and it didn't look as bad as I thought that it felt. The funny thing, actually, is the things that looked shaky looked solid, and the elements that I thought were good looked wobbly. (Just goes to show ya--video is a very powerful tool.)

I forgot to mention that I loved meeting pennybeagle and Raye, whose "Canadian bear hug" was much appreciated. Those maple candies went well with the 4 nips that I downed after getting off the ice! 8-)

NoVa Sk8r
09-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Oh, my! :P

Yeah, when can those of us out here in non-Peach land see the finished, um, masterpiece?Oh, my, indeed is the right response.
Kudos to skaternum for producing such a loverly product!

Stormy
09-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Just wanna say CONGRATS to the Team That Discovered The Problem With The Entry Form....you guys really were awesome! :bow: Next year I gotta do a team event, that was really fun to watch. Even though my Peach this year was cut short (I came home last night), I still had a blast and it was great to see LoopLoop, NoVa, Mskater, InsideAxel and great to meet Terri and Dani.
The competition was noticeably smaller this year, and made even smaller with what seemed like a LOT of scratches, which I myself was guilty of as well. I saw a LOT of great skating, though. I was very impressed with the Silver I division, the lady that won was young, with a GREAT axel and some really great chorography and presentation.
It was an awesome event overall, the Georgia FSC really puts a lot of time and effort into this event and it shows. I am already looking forward to next year, where maybe then I can FINALLY go to the competitors party! :lol:

Terri C
09-04-2005, 09:45 PM
I had a very brief conversation with Davin Grindstaff this afternoon about the low attendance at Peach. We both think that it's because there are so many adult competitions coming out of the woodwork that there are more options to compete, such as Halloween Classic, Buckeye, Intermountain Adult Open and Brewster to name a few. Nice problem, but maybe a Adult Champions series, patterned after the kiddies Future Champions Series would be a marketing tool.
Another issue is the gas situation- that was a thread earlier in the week about that.

pennybeagle
09-04-2005, 10:48 PM
I had a very brief conversation with Davin Grindstaff this afternoon about the low attendance at Peach. We both think that it's because there are so many adult competitions coming out of the woodwork that there are more options to compete, such as Halloween Classic, Buckeye, Intermountain Adult Open and Brewster to name a few. Nice problem, but maybe a Adult Champions series, patterned after the kiddies Future Champions Series would be a marketing tool.
Another issue is the gas situation- that was a thread earlier in the week about that.

Just got back from Peach after a long drive! Anyway, I had a similar conversation with a couple of annual Peach competitors, and they also thought that Peach was becoming more of a regional competition these days, whereas in the past (when there were fewer options for all-adult competitions) the event drew competitors from around the country. There used to be more people from my club (in Ohio) who used to go down for the Peach Classic, but due to various reasons (new jobs, new families, the option of skating at the Buckeye in November instead, etc.) the turnout from our area has decreased. That said, I still think that this was a great event and I enjoyed myself thoroughly (this was my first Peach, and I do plan on going again!).

I was admittedly a bit of a wallflower and didn't meet too many people, but I did finally meet LoopLoop and NoVa (I saw their pairs skate and it was awesome...NoVa's FS program was also great--loved the side-by-side hydroblading in the warmup!), and several other people whom I am not sure post on this forum or not.

The big victory for me was landing my axel-toe combo in the Silver jumps event. I didn't have a competitor, which made it kind of a lonely event, but still, I was happy with my skate. Now if I can only do it with my program music playing... ;)

Kudos to everyone at Georgia FSC who put so much time and effort into making this such a fun and memorable event!

skaternum
09-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Hoo boy, am I tired!! What a blast! Peach is one of my favorite competitions. It was so much fun getting to meet everyone and see all the old skating buddies.

Raye is a hoot. She threw us these adorable little bears with Canadian maple candies. Yum. And that gal is one powerful skater -- she can really book it across the ice. I was totally impressed.

I also got to meet Pennybeagle, who is a beautiful skater and spent quite a lot of time on the podium.

Terric did a beautiful interp to "The Prayer" in honor of her mother. It was really touching.

As you've already heard, NoVa and LoopLoop debuted a cool new pairs program and won gold with it! Their costumes arrived just in time -- and there was not a flap to be seen on them. :lol:

Sadly, mskater made up for it. Apparently his costumer ran out of thread (I'm not kidding) and had to leave part of a decorative overlay unsewn, so he had, in effect, a flap. You can imagine my disappointment. At least my disappointment was tempered by the fact that he has a great new freeskating program and once again refused to be intimidated by the legendary Davin. mskater's sister did really well, too, in her first ever adult comp. She was an excellent addition to the North Carolina contingent.

My fellow clubmate InsideAxel had a great comp, winning the Silver freeskate and the gold jumps event. Another clubmate skatingatty got the silver medal in her gold spins event. And the three of us won the Gold Team maneuvers event! That event was a lot of fun -- lots of heckling and encouragement and fun on the ice. There were so many people on the ice for that event. I heard it was about 40% of the participating skaters!

Oh, yeah -- NoVa and Loops both won silver in their freeskating events! I didn't get to see Loops' program, but I heard it was clean and beautiful. I just love watching NoVa and my friend David do side-by-side hydroblades in the Silver FS warmup. It's becoming a great tradition.

As for me, I was pleased with my skating and results. I won my Jumps event, and came in 2nd with my new interp. And, in spite of falling and sliding across the ice on my hands & knees, I managed to win my compulsory moves event. :lol: It was classic. One minute I was upright and stroking forward; the next minute I was on all fours. And to think, I paid good money and actually requested the opportunity to skate there! It was bizarre.

The party was lots of fun -- although they'd run out of some of my favorite foods again by the time we got there. And you know how important that is to me. :D After much dancing and fun, we wandered out to the game room at Jillians and played some fun video games with the $5 player card we got in our goodie bags. Speaking of which, they were great this year! An embroidered hand towel, plastic CD case, corkscrew/bottle opener, the player card, munchies, water, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff. Kudos to Rob, Ginger, Helen, Marianne, and the rest of the Georgia gang for a great event!!

Terri C
09-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Kudos to Rob, Ginger, Helen, Marianne, and the rest of the Georgia gang for a great event!!

And kudos to skaternum for the best damn souvenier I got at the Peach Classic!!! :D :lol: :twisted: :halo:

Ice T
09-05-2005, 03:32 PM
I just want to post a public THANK YOU to all the Georgia FSC members who worked so hard on that competition! You really do put together an awesome competition, and it is my favorite one by far. And to all the Georgia skaters, thanks so much for always being so friendly and welcoming. I always enjoy coming to Atlanta because of the people.

I have been sick for over a month and was not feeling well all weekend. But I trained so hard since June for this competition and hated the thought of missing it or scratching. So I did not skate well at all, and it was very disappointing.

But aside from my personal skating, everything else at Peach was up to its usual greatness. Thank you so much to the Gold Manuvers Team, Duluth Guy and Dolls, for letting me join you and contribute my layback spin. That was so much fun and I definitely want to do that event again next year.

Also, special thanks to Becca for the gifts on the ice! It makes you feel so great to have things thrown to you on the ice. That's the first time I've ever had a drink next to the ice after my skate! I was thinking.....mabye next time, give it to me BEFORE I compete!! :D

Thanks!

Ice T from Tampa

NoVa Sk8r
09-05-2005, 04:32 PM
As you've already heard, NoVa and LoopLoop debuted a cool new pairs program and won gold with it! Their costumes arrived just in time -- and there was not a flap to be seen on them. :lol:
Thanx, 'num ... but our outfits are not yet finished! ;) :twisted: Haha, no flap, I promise.

But what about your outfit for the compulsory program? Good Lord, you need to hand out warning leaflets and sunglasses to the audience! :P

Terri C
09-05-2005, 05:29 PM
But what about your outfit for the compulsory program? Good Lord, you need to hand out warning leaflets and sunglasses to the audience! :P

Taking up for skaternum, with your [COLOR=DarkOrange]orange shirt, um pot - kettle- black!!! :P :twisted:

mskater
09-05-2005, 06:07 PM
What a fun weekend! Anyone on this board thats been reading about Peach and has yet to participate should plan on coming next year b/c it's always a blast, even when you don't end up dazzling on the ice:]

My fondest memories of this year's Peach all involve food but since I'm posting on skatingforums I'll stick to reporting what went on in the ice rink:

Me - 'Got through' my new program without coming completely undone (both costume-wise and skating-wise)

Skaternum - Continues to remind me so much of my favorite gymnast (Svetlana Boguinskaia) b/c of her uncanny grace under pressure AND her uncanny ability to make a silly fall look graceful;] Can I bum a gold medal off of you?

Stormy - Keeps her title as "Moves Queen" for another year:]

InsideAxel - Skated impeccably all weekend and continues to improve from one event to the next. Damn, I knew I should have stuck to our plan to bunny-hop and half lutz our way through the Gold Jumps event!

Nova - I love you and Loop's new program, but still maintain my "onsie" is the 'best in show' ;]

Loops - Great skating and what a beautiful death spiral! When are you coming to NC - got to mark my calendar;]

Skatingatty - Both my sister and I are in awe of your spinning ability, ever thought about putting on a workshop?:]

Terri - Very nice to finally meet you, will you be at New Year's?

Becca - Thanks for my vodka nip - someone must have told you how much I like to drink:]

-Cheers

Terri C
09-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Terri - Very nice to finally meet you, will you be at New Year's?

No New Years for me next year- I may come to your part of the world for Easterns!
Halloween Classic may happen, if people can sell me on it (campaign opportunity here!) ;)

skaternum
09-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Oh, yeah. You know what was one of the best parts about being at Peach this year? Getting to see dani again! I thought she'd dropped off the face of the earth, and she turns up in my Jumps event. (And on the podium with me, too.) She said she hasn't been skating much, but you couldn't tell it. She was jumping as high as ever!

NoVa Sk8r
09-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Taking up for skaternum, with your orange shirt, um pot - kettle- black!!! :P :twisted:It's burnt orange, and it doesn't glow in the dark or attract pollinating insects! :P (It's not even my competition shirt--it's a practice shirt that I borrowed because my competition shirt is still being ordered/designed. Those flaps take time to make and attach properly. ;))

But of course, skaternum looks gorgeous in everything she wears. 8-)

And yes, seeing dani was definitely a highlight of Peach. I always enjoy having a chest-off with her! :D

dani
09-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks all!!

I have been horribly missing everyone!! It was great seeing everyone! Mskater - I now know who you are! ;-) Nice job out there.

I did make the podium a distant 3rd after skaternum's gold in jumps. However, that medal is particularly sweet for me! I have never imagined finishing ahead of the 4th place skater in any event! I will have to put that medal up next to my bronze medal from my first peach (bronze MIF) where I made my one and only finish ahead of another great skater! ;-)

I entered a bronze, silver, and gold event and came home with a bronze, silver and gold medals!

My favorite event was the maneuver team! There were so many great people on the ice and we had a great time! While skaternum's management skills shined, I had to love the Bisportuals sense of fun!

Raye and PennyBeagle - were you the two staying at the same hotel as Becca and myself?

Dani

ps) maybe next time Nova! ;-)

pennybeagle
09-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Raye and PennyBeagle - were you the two staying at the same hotel as Becca and myself?

I was staying at the Hilton Garden Inn since the La Quinta was full.

dani
09-05-2005, 07:40 PM
I was staying at the Hilton Garden Inn since the La Quinta was full.

Ok, then I am not sure who you are ;-) I will make a point of meeting you next time then!

Dani

skatingatty
09-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Hey, everyone! Peach was fun as usual this year!! I enjoyed the team competition the most. My little sister got a hoot out of seeing the team with the hula skirts on, including the man. :) Like last yr., I am still in the Atlanta area-- except I didn't crash my car like last year. I'm takin' care of family business and have to meet movers tomorrow morning (long story- deadbeat relatives finally moved out and I gotta get the house clean to sell). Instead of partying at Jillian's Sat., I was scrubbing and swifter-ing the floors and killing a swarm of ants in the kitchen. So, Sunday, I got to be the "old fogey" in my spins group. I really need to get my layback spin centered.

People here are so friendly. Today,I returned to the Ice Forum for a public skate, and several people just started talking to me. One lady said she had watched the team competition on Sat., though she didn't compete-- I don't remember her name, but she sounded Russian.

Also-I gotta add how fun the interp programs were. Terri had a beautiful program to "The Prayer." Skaternum had an excellently choreographed interp. What did you give the judges? Again,Nancy Ellis (the winner) had a commanding, entertaining program as the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.

Thanks, Lori and Kelton for adding me to your team, and I know I still owe $4 for the shirt. Also, thanks Becca for the cute toy and the booze. I'll post my pics on a yahoophoto album in the next couple of days! :D

skaternum
09-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Instead of partying at Jillian's Sat., I was scrubbing and swifter-ing the floors and killing a swarm of ants in the kitchen.That sucks! I didn't realize you had to do all that manual labor, and then go skate on Sunday. Yuck.

Skaternum had an excellently choreographed interp. What did you give the judges?I pulled little packs of peanuts out of my bra. :)

Thanks, Lori and Kelton for adding me to your team, and I know I still owe $4 for the shirt.Thank YOU for agreeing to be on the team! It was a lot of fun. You and Kelton were my secret weapons. :D

NoVa Sk8r
09-05-2005, 09:15 PM
I forgot to mention ... at one point, one or more female competitors became locked/stuck in the locker room. What was that all about???

Terri C
09-06-2005, 07:50 AM
I forgot to mention ... at one point, one or more female competitors became locked/stuck in the locker room. What was that all about???

That was poor Beth Bilka- thankfully she was in the second warmup of Silver Ladies III, but the first skater after the warmup was over! From what she told me, she was a little shaky afterward (who wouldn't be?) but skated okay.

alliegator66
09-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi everybody. I'm not much of a poster, but I just wanted to tell you all how nice it is to read all the nice things folks say about the competition. There is a core group of about a dozen people or so who absolutely bust thier a$$es to make sure this thing runs well and everyone has fun. I know it means so much to them when people compliment the efforts that they made.

Next time, I hope to be more social and make more of an effort to get to know everybody. Congrats to you all for skating well and everyone here in Duluth is glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Jenny Baker (you know, Rob's partner) :)

Back to lurking...

LoopLoop
09-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Wow, wow, wow, what a weekend!

Peach was (again) so much fun that I don't know where to start. I know, with compliments to my fellow pairs skaters, Rob and Jenny, Larry and Lauren, and Les and Ellen. Four pairs teams and four clean programs! Nova and I skated up to gold this time and did a brand new program. We need to clean up some things and add some more things (speed most of all!) but we were happy with what we did on the ice. I was a little nervous because that morning in practice we had a high-quality fall on the split twist but it was OK in the event.

I was nervous about my freestyle event because I'd been having jump trouble the last couple of weeks, but I was able to talk myself through the program and keep my timing on everything, so managed a clean program and placed second behind the fabulously fast Donna Farver.

I didn't get to see any of the interp programs, but I did see a lot of our SF skaters in other events...

InsideAxel now has terrific speed to go with his jumps and the spins are not too shabby either!

It was great to meet pennybeagle, and her FS program is terrific.

Mskater, another year, another Peach, another party, but this time the light fixtures remained intact. I'm disappointed in you. ;) You definitely win the TIGHTEST onesie contest, that's for sure!

Dani did not in fact drop off the face of the earth, as many of us had feared, and we were all glad to see her.

Terri made her first (I'm sure of many) trip to Peach and came home with a silver medal in FS.

Raye might have entered more events than Becca! Unfortunately I didn't see any of them, but thanks again for the Canadian bear.

Becca is, always, Becca. Which means fun, supportive, strong, and an all-around great lady.

And skaternum, skaternum, skaternum. Providing a year's worth of entertainment to all.

I'll add more later but for now, OH MY!

skaternum
09-06-2005, 08:43 AM
But what about your outfit for the compulsory program? Good Lord, you need to hand out warning leaflets and sunglasses to the audience!Ah, so it had its desired effect. Excellent! And in that same event, Beth Bilka wore her flo lime green and yellow skating dress, so we really must've given the poor judges a headache during the warmup. We took a picture together afterwards in our ... uh ... vibrant colors.

skaternum
09-06-2005, 08:45 AM
But of course, skaternum looks gorgeous in everything she wears. :oops: <blush> Aw, shucks.

skaternum
09-06-2005, 08:48 AM
I forgot to mention ... at one point, one or more female competitors became locked/stuck in the locker room. What was that all about???Poor Beth. She was in the last locker room down the hall, and apparently the door got stuck shut. It wasn't locked, just completely stuck shut. We were in one of the other locker rooms and heard banging on a door, but we thought it was kids banging on the exit door at the end of the hall, so we ignored it for a while. Finally somebody realized it was coming from a locker room. The rink facilities guys were down there trying to get it open, with all sorts of evil looking tools. Poor Beth! She was a good sport about it, of course.

Mrs Redboots
09-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Ah, so it had its desired effect. Excellent! And in that same event, Beth Bilka wore her flo lime green and yellow skating dress, so we really must've given the poor judges a headache during the warmup. We took a picture together afterwards in our ... uh ... vibrant colors.Well, you across the Atlantic made up for us here in the UK, then. It transpired that every single male skater in the couples compulsory dances, from the top of Advanced right down to us at the bottom of Elementary, was wearing a black shirt and black trousers! One man managed a royal-blue bow tie, and another had a red cummerbund, but the rest were in unrelieved black. I'm quite sure one of the judges gave us 2nd in the 2nd compulsory simply because my husband had changed into his white shirt with black splodges on it! And both he and Other Woman's husband wear white shirts for our respective free dances - but we ladies couldn't understand the shrieks of laughter coming from the men's changing room until we saw them all gathering outside....

InsideAxel
09-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Just to chime in...

Had a great weekend! Thanks to everyone who gave support for my test session, it made it alot less intimidating. And a huge thanks to mskater for keeping me focused during the warmup...you should take up coaching! Special thanks to GAFSC and especially Ginger for putting on a very convenient and super smooth test session.

Thanks to skaternum for inviting me to participate in the team event, that was alot of fun! I hope they keep it as an event next year.

My freeskate event was alot of fun, debuting the new program and all. NoVa and DavidT made it a great event by skating very strong (I must learn the hydroblade!!) Of course being the masochist I am, I'm looking forward to skating with Davin and mskater next time around...so I'll start the praying now!

The pairs events were very entertaining, and I watched on with a different interest this year ;) Hopefully mskater's sister and I will be ready to join Nova and Loops and the others soon. Well, at least be on the ice with you, there's alot of work to be done before we could actually "join" you in the same league. :bow:

The party was fun again (Tequila Sunrise anyone? Made for a very interesting jumps event first thing Sunday!)...had the chance to talk with several judges which was a real highlight. Their candid feedback will be invaluable.

Nice to meet Stormy for the first time and also to see old acquaintances again.

As usual, Rob and the Gang did a masterful job of putting on a competition. I have helped with our own meet the last two years, and I know it isn’t easy. So big thanks for another job well done.

Can't wait for next year!!

Kelton

Jenskateguards
09-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Thanks everyone for all the kind things you said about our efforts to host the peach classic. The work that goes into it is unimaginable and at times you wonder if it is worth it. I feel prepared to put in the work again for next year after reading all your enties. It will be so hard, though because we are losing a lot of our core volunteers (kids quit skating-what's up with that?)
Thanks to my team Duluth Guys and Dolls, for such a fun event. Completely forgot that there were any judges and it was so great to feel like everyone on the ice just wanted everyone else to do their best.
The party was so much fun, thanks to all the "Jenny's" who came out to dance with me for "Jenny, Jenny!"
I can't wait to see everyone again next year!

skaternum
09-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Saturday's pics are up:
John Riggs Photography (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0C740007)

ETA: they got a picture of my underwear banner! It's in with the pics from Pre-Bronze Ladies II Freeskate. My drawers are famous! Hee hee.

ETA2: they've got some of the events mixed up. E.g., some of the Bronze Ladies III freeskates are under No Test Compulsory Moves! And some of the Silver Ladies III freeskates are under the Pre-Bronze Ladies Freeskate IV & V (like Loops).

Terri C
09-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Skaternum,
LOVE the new signature!!!
:lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Debbie S
09-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Skaternum,
LOVE the new signature!!!
:lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
Speaking of which, when will the rest of us be treated to the sight of The Calendar Boys? Will a link be posted? :P

skaternum
09-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Speaking of which, when will the rest of us be treated to the sight of The Calendar Boys? Will a link be posted? :PI still have to convert it to pdf, then I'll e-mail it upon request.

dani
09-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Saturday's pics are up:
John Riggs Photography (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0C740007)

I'll know I can skate when there are decent pictures of me!

Hugs!

Dani

Proud Owner of a The Men of the New Years Invitational Calander

;-)

jazzpants
09-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Saturday's pics are up:
Thanks for the link to the photos!

ETA: they got a picture of my underwear banner! It's in with the pics from Pre-Bronze Ladies II Freeskate. My drawers are famous! Hee hee.ROFLMAO!!!

ETA2: they've got some of the events mixed up. E.g., some of the Bronze Ladies III freeskates are under No Test Compulsory Moves! And some of the Silver Ladies III freeskates are under the Pre-Bronze Ladies Freeskate IV & V (like Loops).Yeap! I thought that woman in the Pre-Bronze Ladies IV and V looked FAR TOO YOUNG to be in IV and V. :P (Plus I've already met Loops so...) :P

Look forward to getting that New Year's Invitational Calendar from you... ;)

Terri C
09-06-2005, 08:18 PM
The calendar siggys are a hoot!!! :lol: :lol:

Raye
09-06-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm home from one of the best weekends of my life!

To the Georgia Figure Skating Club - Awesome job of putting on a first class competition. I know how much work an event like this is and your efforts are appreciated by everyone :bow:
To Beccapoo2003 - Thank you for lighting the fire under my butt to enter. :bow:
To the Clueless Team from Huntsville - Thank you for inviting me to be on your team. :D
To Alliegator66 - Thank you for making me feel welcome on that first afternoon. :D
To CoSkater64 - It was nice to see you again. I always enjoy watching your very elegant skating style.
To TerriC, Skaternum, LoopLoop, NoVaSk8r, Dani, It was great to meet y'all in person and have faces to go with the names. 8-)
To others on this forum who were there, but I wasn't able to put pen-name together with the actual person - I will figure out who you are next time. If I have already met you (Stormy, Inside Axel, PennyBeagle, mskater, skatingatty, IceT, and anyone else I may have missed) - greetings and salutations.
To the Underwear Phantom - Thanks for letting me be part of the fun! :lol:
To Rob, Tina and Becca and everyone else who was involved in organizing it - WONDERFUL PARTY!!! Cool costume, Becca.
To Dani - Yes I was in the same hotel as you and Becca, too bad there wasn't an opportunity to get together on the Friday night, that would have been fun. Next time!!
To TerriC - your interp gave me goosebumps :halo:
To Becca - I don't know which I enjoyed more - Mr Bones or Trogladytes

To everyone - GREAT SKATING!!!!!!

Thanks Loops, NoVa, Skaternum for all the nice things you've said -- :oops: :oops: :oops: shucks!!

To DebbieS and Jazzpants - I'm sorry you missed it, but we will see you there next year, Right?? And Jazz - I'll be seeing you in San Fransisco in November

jazzpants
09-07-2005, 01:38 AM
To DebbieS and Jazzpants - I'm sorry you missed it, but we will see you there next year, Right?? And Jazz - I'll be seeing you in San Fransisco in NovemberNot sure I'll be at Peach next year given my financial circumstances, but Skate SF... yup, yup!!! You will!!! Look forward to it! :D

LoopLoop
09-07-2005, 07:18 AM
Yeap! I thought that woman in the Pre-Bronze Ladies IV and V looked FAR TOO YOUNG to be in IV and V. :P (Plus I've already met Loops so...) :P

Not only did they put my pictures in Pre-Bronze IV and V, it looks like they missed the first half of the program altogether. Oh well.

skaternum
09-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Sunday's pictures are now up, and they're even more of a mess than Saturday. They didn't even bother to list them by event -- there are just pages and pages of thumbnails.

Compared with other photographers I've seen at competitions, I'm not impressed with these guys. They had no way to view your photos at the competition. They've made it incredibly difficult to find your photos. The pictures themselves aren't that numerous or great. And they're not even offering the option of buying the digital image -- only print photos. :x

NoVa Sk8r
09-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Other photos:
http://www.bobrausch.org/peach2005/peach2005.html

I love #23--what a gorgeous position. The calendar creator is also a wonderful spirla creator! 8-)

And -yowser- to #67!

Nice face of me in #105 :??

dani
09-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Sunday's pictures are now up, and they're even more of a mess than Saturday. They didn't even bother to list them by event -- there are just pages and pages of thumbnails.

Compared with other photographers I've seen at competitions, I'm not impressed with these guys. They had no way to view your photos at the competition. They've made it incredibly difficult to find your photos. The pictures themselves aren't that numerous or great. And they're not even offering the option of buying the digital image -- only print photos. :x

There were a total of 2 pictures from my jumps event and none in the air! I looked at the photos there and bought a couple because they looked very retro and figurey (if that is a word ;-) The print quality is horrible.

Of course, it is better than my first Peach where the guy LOST all of the photos!

Dani

Still looking for that elusive jump shot of me!

dani
09-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Other photos:

I agree with Nova's assessments of the pictures - wow Skaternum's spiral is, uhhh, WOW!

I like that #56 is the same as pretty much every other picture at a competition that contains my friend Brenda - she is reading her book ;-)

Dani

flo
09-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Dani,
Look through your PM's! I sent you one for the Haloween Classic!

Terri C
09-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Other photos:

I thought it was bad enough that I didn't get any nips, but no pictures of me- geez- I feel like chopped liver! :cry:

Terri C
09-07-2005, 10:56 AM

As beautiful as my Interp program was- no good shots, either! :frus: :roll:

Debbie S
09-07-2005, 11:03 AM
To DebbieS and Jazzpants - I'm sorry you missed it, but we will see you there next year, Right??

Aww, thanks Raye. Actually, I don't know what my future competitive schedule is going to be - kind of in a state of flux right now - but after reading all the reports from Peach, I may have to put that on my calendar!

skaternum
09-07-2005, 11:15 AM
I love #23--what a gorgeous position.Thanks. The only pics the o-fish-ul photographer got of my back spirals were ... um ... icky, if you know what I mean. But why didn't somebody tell me that my tucked-in shirt was sticking out my panty leg??

And -yowser- to #67!Aw, man! I can't believe he put that on a website.

Nice face of me in #105Classic! What on Earth were you yelling at Loops? :)

mskater
09-07-2005, 11:18 AM
I thought it was bad enough that I didn't get any nips, but no pictures of me- geez- I feel like chopped liver! :cry:

Don't feel bad Terri, none of my events were even captured from the 'official' photographer - how lovely :roll:

Anyone know if the videographer that was used has a website?

mskater
09-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Skaternum, that is a great FI-spiral, I could really use one like that for my next moves test!

rlichtefeld
09-07-2005, 11:24 AM
I really have to apologize that I didn't get to spend more time with each and everyone one of you at the event. I usually get to sit down and watch the events. That's the deal I make with the committee. I'll work my butt off leading up to the event, if I get to watch.

But, unfortunately this year, we had quite a few "volunteer issues", and I had to fill in pretty much each day, every day. Hopefully, we were able to cover everything and none of the competitors saw the problems.

Not only do we run the Classic on Saturday and Sunday, but we run the Peach Open on Thursday and Friday. And, then the rink runs a Basic Skills competition on Sunday afternoon. I was at the rink from Wednesday at 6:00pm setting up till Sunday at 8:00pm tearing down. Most nights I had to go home, do database work, print things out etc. And, then meet with the ref and acct first thing in the morning.

Jenny (alliegator66) was also there the full 4 days. She was also filling in where she was needed. She didn't know what she was getting into being my pairs partner. She also became the event's volunteer coordinator.

The highlights of my weekend were the competing and the party. Jennifer Silas put together our Gold Team - "Duluth Guy and Dolls". And, I actually sneaked out on the public session in my outfit just to blow off steam and skate.

Then, the Silver Pairs event went as well as could have been expected. We skated as well as we had in practice. Then, when we found out we won, that was icing on the cake. Lauren and Larry certainly didn't leave us much room to squeak through.

What can I say about the party. We lost money again this year, but for the time I'm there, I forget everything else and I have a great time, and I think everyone else has a great time. too. The band gets better and better; and if you aren't on the dance floor, you are missing the best part!

I'll try to address some of the things in previous posts, in no particular order.

Photographer:
Because of the date, we have a hard time getting a photographer that will show up and have the right equipment to handle the high speed and low light conditions. They did have equipment where you could see your photos and print them out right there. But, they only brought one camera, so when we were on 2 sheets, only one got shot. Hopefully, next year, he'll bring 2 or we'll find someone else. We have contacted all the biggies each year, and each year they turn us down! In general, adults don't buy a lot.

Turnout:
I think because of the date, we also have some problems getting the announcent and sanction done early. Since we don't know the changes in rules until Governing Council, we can't finish the announcement until we get back. Then, it has to be OK'd by the referee, and then the sanction is applied for. Officially, we can't even advertise the event until the sanction is approved. So that means, we can't do anything until June or so.

Also, I think having more and more all adult competitions is cutting into attendance. Most skaters can just catch so many events a year. Jenny and I are looking at what we want to attend and it is already up to 5 more - 2 international!

And, I think that Adult MIF tests is hurting turnout. I think that the skating has gotten much better overall in adult skating, but there are many skaters who can't pass the MIF tests and then give up skating. If you look at our numbers, you see a huge peak at Silver. And, most of these folks grandfathered at that level.

So, we have a trade off, more skaters or better skating. I did have several judges tell me that the skating at the Classic was some of the best adult skating that they had ever seen!

Locked Locker Room:
The deadbolt lock broke in the locked position. The rink had to get a ladder and send someone through the ceiling and then take the door off the hinges from the inside. It was the talk of the judge's room. No one there had ever had that one happen before. Luckily, we had a good referee who held up the warm up for Beth.

See you on the ice!

Rob Lichtefeld
Peach Classic Co-Chair
Jenny's partner

NoVa Sk8r
09-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Classic! What on Earth were you yelling at Loops? :)I think I was berating her for aborting the Pamchenko attempt! ;)
If that shot was taken after the competition, then I *really* don't know what I was doing or thinking or saying (or barking). That's what nips are for ...

rlichtefeld
09-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Don't feel bad Terri, none of my events were even captured from the 'official' photographer - how lovely :roll:

Anyone know if the videographer that was used has a website?

The links for all the vendors are on the Peach Classic website. You can contact the videgrapher. The covered both rinks for all events.
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic

Rob

dani
09-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Hi Rob!! You, as always did a phenomenal job!! I can't believe you can pull off that event and skate in it too! Thanks for always putting on a "Classic" event. I have to limit my competitions too, but the Peach is the first one put on the schedule.

For anyone who hasn't ordered the video, I highly recommend it! For the three years that have been doing the video, it is always nicely done and the montages at the end are great. Of course, I always seem to order extra events so that I can scope out the future competion or to enjoy the interps etc.

Hugs!
Dani

dani
09-07-2005, 12:12 PM
And, I think that Adult MIF tests is hurting turnout. I think that the skating has gotten much better overall in adult skating, but there are many skaters who can't pass the MIF tests and then give up skating. If you look at our numbers, you see a huge peak at Silver. And, most of these folks grandfathered at that level.

I know several people who have issues with the MIF requirements. Luckily, I will always be ahead in moves over my freestyle. I also think that as adult skating is continuing to evolve, we may be suffering a slightly different problem. If you take a look at Gold vs. Silver, the top gold people are very good spinners with at least one double and years of experience at gold. They have a tendency to hold back moving up to Masters because the Masters skaters are that much better. I think that keeps backing it up. The silver skaters won't move up because the gold skaters aren't advancing, etc.

Just my 2 cents

Dani

ps) Better get back to work before the boss hits me again ;-)

skaternum
09-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Skaternum, that is a great FI-spiral, I could really use one like that for my next moves test!Well, only if you need BI spiral, 'cause that's what it really was. Much easier than the FI, in my opinion. But subcontracting out an element is a great idea. I'll keep that in mind for my freeskate next season!

skatingatty
09-07-2005, 12:51 PM
I'll chime in and also give a big THANKS to Rob, Jenny, and all the GAFSC people who organized the competition. I always have fun at Peach. Not sure if I'll be there next year-- might be moving due to husband's job. However, I did enjoy meeting a young woman from Houston who assured me that there are 7 rinks around Houston. :) Things are up in the air at this time. As for Dani's comments: I, for one, am stuck at gold moves. Congrats to Stormy and InsideAxel on passing the test! I don't have time/ability to get up at 5 or 6am to practice moves before work. Even afternoon freestyles are too crowded to practice MIFs, and I usually go to public sessions these days. Plus, my axel isn't consistent and I can't do doubles, so that is why I've been competing at silver since my first adult competition, Peach Classic 2001. I only competed at gold once in '02 before breaking my ankle; I could sometimes do a cheated dbl flip then. Now I'll be silver for life, unless a miracle happens. :)

mskater
09-07-2005, 12:55 PM
The links for all the vendors are on the Peach Classic website. You can contact the videgrapher. The covered both rinks for all events.
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic

Rob

Great, thanks Rob! Aside from not being able to find my photos I have only great things to say about the competition and the way it was runned:] Major congrats to you and the rest of the volunteers that worked so hard to provide us such a great event!

dani
09-07-2005, 02:19 PM
As for Dani's comments: I, for one, am stuck at gold moves. Congrats to Stormy and InsideAxel on passing the test! I don't have time/ability to get up at 5 or 6am to practice moves before work. Even afternoon freestyles are too crowded to practice MIFs, and I usually go to public sessions these days. Plus, my axel isn't consistent and I can't do doubles, so that is why I've been competing at silver since my first adult competition, Peach Classic 2001. I only competed at gold once in '02 before breaking my ankle; I could sometimes do a cheated dbl flip then. Now I'll be silver for life, unless a miracle happens. :)

First of all - I agree - Mega Congrats to Stormy for her MIF test and to InsideAxel for his gold Free (if I have it right)

To clarify if you are an example of what I am thinking - Would you take your Gold free test if you didn't have to work on the moves?

Of course with me, I don't have a combination spin, so I can't take my silver free yet. I have taken my gold MIF and failed it once recently. I don't know if I think I should have passed the test, but I do think that I was judged too harshly. Now I get to work on the slide chasse again. Whoo hoo! ;-)

Hugs!

Dani

ps) If I could spin 1/10 as nicely as skatingatty, I would be quite excited!!

Stormy
09-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Yes, I am super extra glad I am done with Gold moves. However, since I don't have an axel, I am stuck in silver for a while as well. I just wanted to be done with Adult moves so I could continue on standard track, which I've worked on all along. Although, knowing it will take at least 2 years to get through Novice is a little depressing. :giveup:

skatingatty
09-08-2005, 09:54 AM
My photos are up at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/judytseng2001/album?.dir=/6689

I was also using my little sister's digital camera to take pics, so I'll add those later after I get the pics from her.

As for taking the gold free test-- I might take it if I didn't have to get through moves first, just for the "glory" of being able to say I'm a true gold level skater. However, I wouldn't be competitive due to my jump woes. On a really good day, I could do an axel-loop and a cheated dbl salchow, but I haven't even tried those jumps since April. Maybe it's time to try this weekend, but I haven't paid off my surgery bills yet. :)

flo
09-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Loops, are you in the fsIII pictures?

LoopLoop
09-08-2005, 10:18 AM
I need to add some things I left out in my first post!

Thanks to coskater for jumping in to help out in the team event. She was also a contestant in the "who can enter the most events" challenge.

And thanks most of all to Rob, Jenny, Marianne, Ginger, and everyone else who worked so hard to put on the competition. :bow:

dani
09-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Thanks to coskater for jumping in to help out in the team event. She was also a contestant in the "who can enter the most events" challenge.

Oh - Hi coskater!! Thanks for that wonderful axel you gave us!!

Dani

LoopLoop
09-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Loops, are you in the fsIII pictures?
I'm in the pre-bronze IV/V pictures. Don't ask me how I ended up there, however.

mskater
09-08-2005, 11:16 AM
My photos are up at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/judytseng2001/album?.dir=/6689

I was also using my little sister's digital camera to take pics, so I'll add those later after I get the pics from her.

As for taking the gold free test-- I might take it if I didn't have to get through moves first, just for the "glory" of being able to say I'm a true gold level skater. However, I wouldn't be competitive due to my jump woes. On a really good day, I could do an axel-loop and a cheated dbl salchow, but I haven't even tried those jumps since April. Maybe it's time to try this weekend, but I haven't paid off my surgery bills yet. :)

Great pics skatingatty - I'm so glad to have made it in someone's photo collection. It's hard to see in the first photo, but that's me putting the choke-hold on Insideaxel for kicking my arse in the jumps event:]

As for your axel, I know you'll get it back soon - I remember seeing you whip off about a dozen in one session not too long ago, you're definitely fearless! Also, I need to give you my sister's address so you guys can commiserate and share your 'foot' problems. :]

skatingatty
09-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Great pics skatingatty - I'm so glad to have made it in someone's photo collection. It's hard to see in the first photo, but that's me putting the choke-hold on Insideaxel for kicking my arse in the jumps event:]

As for your axel, I know you'll get it back soon - I remember seeing you whip off about a dozen in one session not too long ago, you're definitely fearless! Also, I need to give you my sister's address so you guys can commiserate and share your 'foot' problems. :]

Ahh, yes... that was a wonderful adult freestyle session last summer at Hillsborough, when my axels were doing great!! :) We'll see how it goes this weekend. I tried flying camels on Monday (1st time trying them since April) and could get 2-3 slow revs., which is as good as they were earlier this year. I want to be able to do a flying back sit and flying change sit-- maybe I should get lessons from Mirko, but I'm enjoying saving $$ by not having lessons for now. Your sister did great at her 1st adult competition. That catchfoot camel spin looked as good as what Denise Biellmann did. Luckily she and I aren't in the same age bracket. :)

flo
09-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Nice pics loops, and all!

coskater64
09-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Not a problem, it was a very fun event...thanks for having me.

coskater ;-)

skaternum
09-09-2005, 12:37 PM
There are a few more pics up here (http://saybee.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Peach-Classic-2005-Michele-s-Pictures) and here (http://saybee.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Peach-Classic-2005-Lori-s-Pictures).

Mrs Redboots
09-09-2005, 01:50 PM
There are a few more pics up here (http://saybee.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Peach-Classic-2005-Michele-s-Pictures) and here (http://saybee.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Peach-Classic-2005-Lori-s-Pictures).Skaternum, I wasn't able to access this site, it said "The connection was refused" - I hope this is just a temporary thing due to too many people looking.....

skaternum
09-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Skaternum, I wasn't able to access this site, it said "The connection was refused" - I hope this is just a temporary thing due to too many people looking.....Probably. Other people have been able to get to it, and I just accessed it seconds ago.

Anybody else having problems?

NoVa Sk8r
09-09-2005, 02:22 PM
There are a few more pics up here (http://saybee.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Peach-Classic-2005-Michele-s-Pictures) and here (http://saybee.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Peach-Classic-2005-Lori-s-Pictures).Thanx, 'num. Your technical abilities are outdone only by your artistic merit and overall pulchritude; my chest salutes you. :)

jazzpants
09-09-2005, 02:45 PM
There are a few more pics up here (http://saybee.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Peach-Classic-2005-Michele-s-Pictures) and here (http://saybee.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Peach-Classic-2005-Lori-s-Pictures).And what a *fine* looking cover boy you got there in mskater!!! :P (I assume that's him up there...)

mskater
09-09-2005, 03:07 PM
There are a few more pics up here (http://saybee.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Peach-Classic-2005-Michele-s-Pictures) and here (http://saybee.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Peach-Classic-2005-Lori-s-Pictures).

Very nice photos - but there's a mistake in one of the pic's description, the one that says BI-spiral?? :lol:

mskater
09-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Thanks jazzpants (((insert the blushing smiley))) :oops: :oops:

And what a *fine* looking cover boy you got there in mskater!!! :P (I assume that's him up there...)

Mrs Redboots
09-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Probably. Other people have been able to get to it, and I just accessed it seconds ago.

Anybody else having problems?No problem today - great photos, thanks!

skatingatty
09-10-2005, 10:47 PM
I've added some more pictures to my Peach Classic yahoo photo album-- thanks to my little sister, who has a better digital camera. They are at

photos.yahoo.com/judytseng2001

Thanks, Skaternum, for sharing your album too!

MQSeries
09-11-2005, 06:26 PM
And what a *fine* looking cover boy you got there in mskater!!! :P (I assume that's him up there...)

I vote to have a calender of just mskater in different skating poses and outfits.

Raye
09-11-2005, 10:19 PM
I'll second that!!

Terri C
09-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Raye,
Are you going to post your pictures? If so, when?

Raye
09-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Mine were all taken with an ordinary camera. I just picked the film up on the weekend, and will try to get them scanned and posted midweek. I don't have a scanner - I have to go out to my daughter's place (2 hr drive) to do it. :roll:

I have asked Santa for a digital camera for such a time as this....... but that is still several months away.

jazzpants
09-12-2005, 03:12 PM
I've asked Santa for a camera/video cell phone this Christmas... don't know if I'll get it though... (Don't feel like lugging my bulky digital camera around...)