View Full Version : Pre-Bronze program

dani
06-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Hi everyone again! I am hoping to compete pre-bronze in Atlanta this August. I am curious as to what all I should have.

I currently own a 2 foot and 1 foot spin. I also own all of the beginning half jumps as well as a decent toe loop and a good salchow. I was close to a flip before I sprained my ankle trying it off-ice and I haven't had the courage to try it since. Also my footwork is really pretty good, due to my roller dance background.

So, what should I work on in the next two months? Would I rather have a sit spin or a flip? What else would people comment on?

Thanks all!!
Danielle

Michigansk8er
06-17-2002, 06:36 PM
Dani,

I'm not sure what the competition is like in Atlanta (is that the Peach Classic?), but in Michigan pre-bronze is all over the board. I've seen programs with 1/2 jumps, and I've seen programs with a lutz/loop (which I think is totally ridiculous, but that's another issue). Saying that, I'd go for both the flip and sit...........but if that's not workable, really show that footwork with good speed and presentation. You just never know with the judges. I recall a woman placing second at AN in Silver III without a lutz. She had a great presence on the ice and deserved that placement too. Do what you do well, and leave the rest to the judges.

PS: I roller danced once upon a time too.

Elsy2
06-17-2002, 08:20 PM
To be successful at pre-bronze, I'll take the advice of a judge who told me I had a well balanced program. I didn't have a flip or lutz, but what I did have I could do well. So, I'd say have one or two jump combinations that you do well, perhaps 3 other half or single jumps, two spins if possible, some connecting moves or footwork, in my case it was a spiral sequence, and don't be so worried about what you need as far as content. Good coverage of the ice will be rewarded, and any presentation you can muster. In the end its the total package that will be successful, whether you have a specific element or not.