View Full Version : 2010 AN's- results, stories, rants and raves!!

Pages : 1 [2]

RachelSk8er
04-26-2010, 11:51 AM
So I just thought of a way to make my event (and perhaps all the other events "below" the level of Master's Junior/Senior) more exciting. I think it would be cool to allow each skater to perform one jump element of their choice, regardless of the requirements for that specific level. In a perfect world...

Only if that also involves doing said jump while avoiding foam weapons and other miscellaneous objects being hurled at the skater from audience members, with GOE deductions resulting every time the skater is hit. Now that would be sweet. Or we could throw wrenches. Because if you dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball...

Ha ha no one who watches silvers needs to be subjected to my two footed double toe. Or my double sal where I consistently get freaked out and stop my self from rotating when I'm 1.5x around (not sure why that stupid jump is so scarry, although I haven't tried it since the switch from synchro to freestyle blades, and I'm sure the synchro blades weren't helping).

Skittl1321
04-26-2010, 01:02 PM
And why does it have to be a jump element?

I want to show off my "flying" sit spin. It does too leave the ice! (Just barely- but that's the same as my jumps.)

/is of the opinion that if you want to do the element, get to the level that allows it. I'm aware I will never be allowed to do a flying spin in competition.

mskater
04-26-2010, 01:16 PM
And why does it have to be a jump element?

I want to show off my "flying" sit spin. It does too leave the ice! (Just barely- but that's the same as my jumps.)

/is of the opinion that if you want to do the element, get to the level that allows it. I'm aware I will never be allowed to do a flying spin in competition.

I suppose it doesn't have to be a jump element - rather just an element of value. I hear what you're saying about striving to get to the level that allows the skills you want to do, but it's not quite that simple IMO and in my experience. Competing in the int/nov group this year, I was talking about this with my fellow competitors and most of them felt the same way. Personally, I'd like to perform my double lutz jump in my program. At the same time, do I think I'm of the level to skate against the jun/sen men, he$$ to the naw! :]

Skittl1321
04-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Maybe it would be an appropriate thing to do in the higher levels- after all, those restrictions certainly don't exist for that level on standard track.

I'm looking at it more from a very low on the totem pole. I think the restrictions help instill a more level playing field.

jazzpants
04-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey! When are the rest of the videos supposed to come out??? I wanna see!!! :mrgreen: (Like the Championship Masters Men and the Gold Men and probably f~c's famous winning cow program, maybe? :mrgreen: )

mskater
04-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Hey! When are the rest of the videos supposed to come out??? I wanna see!!! :mrgreen: (Like the Championship Masters Men and the Gold Men and probably f~c's famous winning cow program, maybe? :mrgreen: )

Yeah, that's what I wanna know too - I feel like Icenetwork used to be quicker when they first started up? And why don't they let us go back through the years, their Archives only go back about a year or so, blah...

mskater
04-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Spoke too soon, new vids are up:]

SkaterBird
04-27-2010, 04:25 PM
But they should still maintain their archives farther back.

NoVa Sk8r
04-27-2010, 04:41 PM
And why don't they let us go back through the years, their Archives only go back about a year or so, blah...They go back to August 2007.

On this page (http://web.icenetwork.com/events/schedule.jsp?mode=all) (the Complete Event Schedule page), click on the drop-down Select a Month menu, then click on the arrows on the bottom left. You should be able to keep clicking to previous years.

drskater
04-27-2010, 04:42 PM
I still can't find the cow in the LE/C vids. Want. to. see. cow.

jazzpants
04-27-2010, 05:32 PM
I still can't find the cow in the LE/C vids. Want. to. see. cow.

Ditto here!!! MOOOOOOOO!!!!! :twisted: http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/tiere/d050.gif

flying~camel
04-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Wow, I never thought an interp that I'd do would ever be this popular! ;)

SkaterBird
04-27-2010, 10:04 PM
I don't think they've posted the Ladies' Interp videos yet - I am awaiting the cow too.

mskater
04-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Yes, eat more chickin - we want to see cow video! :]

mskater
04-28-2010, 10:34 AM
They go back to August 2007.

On this page (http://web.icenetwork.com/events/schedule.jsp?mode=all) (the Complete Event Schedule page), click on the drop-down Select a Month menu, then click on the arrows on the bottom left. You should be able to keep clicking to previous years.

And what about the year of 2006? Was that year not important enough? I know they have the video b/c I watched it after Nationals that year...

flying~camel
04-28-2010, 11:08 AM
And what about the year of 2006? Was that year not important enough? I know they have the video b/c I watched it after Nationals that year...

I don't think USFS partnered with IceNetwork until 2007. Before that, they used the Figure Skating Channel as their online video service.

Stormy
04-28-2010, 04:20 PM
I wish they still had ANs from 2007 up, I'd love to see the Champ Masters ladies from that year. If anyone has the video, let me know?

IceNetwork also took down the Gold Ladies I video from this year too. It was up for a while and now it's gone. Booo-urns!

SkaterBird
04-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Just checked Ice Network again - still no cow. Disappointed.:cry:

flying~camel
04-30-2010, 01:45 PM
It looks like my cow interp is up on IceNetwork now!

I'm in Ladies I Light Entertainment/Comedy and I was the last skater. Enjoy! ;)

jazzpants
04-30-2010, 04:41 PM
It looks like my cow interp is up on IceNetwork now!

I'm in Ladies I Light Entertainment/Comedy and I was the last skater. Enjoy! ;)

Mo mo-mo mo-mo-mo.... COW!!! :twisted: :lol:http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/tiere/d050.gif

SkaterBird
04-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Here's to the COW!!!!!!!!!!! I promise to only eat chikin forever and ever and ever . . .

mskater
05-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Here's to the COW!!!!!!!!!!! I promise to only eat chikin forever and ever and ever . . .

Kawaii! Happy Cow:]

drskater
05-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Loved the cow! Moomoomoomoo, happy cow! Best of all, the cow did a salchow--now that's skating.

flying~camel
05-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Loved the cow! Moomoomoomoo, happy cow! Best of all, the cow did a salchow--now that's skating.

It would have been wrong for me NOT to do a salchow in a cow program! ;)