View Full Version : Step sequence

Yui
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I am seeking the help of the people on this forum. I need a basic step sequence. I can do 3 turns. Forwards cross rolls. Bunny hop. Inside and outside edges. And some more. I need a step sequence that consists of 15 moves all together and that flow. When i say 15 it goes like this. 2 3 turns counts as 2 not one. Thanks. I've been thinking but cant do anything. My exam is in 2 weeks and this exam will take me up to bronze which i really want to get too. Thanks if you can help me. Also i am in hockey skates for the moment. Thanks

Isk8NYC
04-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Try one of the ISI step sequences: http://www.igfsu.org/ISIDanceStepSeq.htm

Or the Five Step Mohawk sequence:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/mitf/diagrams/existing/MIF%20-%20Pre-Juv%20-%205%20Step%20Mohawk%20Sequence.pdf

Mrs Redboots
04-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Can you turn without having to slow down first? If you can't, and not all of us can, put your turns in at the beginning of the sequence - say, the 3-turn sequence from the Pre-Bronze Moves, once each direction, then the 5-step Mohawk exercise in each direction, maybe finishing backwards, and a couple of back cross-rolls, and/or back chassés, then step to forwards and do the same sort of steps forwards, and finish with a nice pose - a drag (lunge) if you can do one, or just a tidy extended edge.

londonicechamp
04-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi

Well, the only step sequence I know is for ISI freestyle 2, which is:

4 forward crossovers
then a mohawk (but you need to be able to do this first)
then 4 backward crossovers
and finish off with directions to your left
All the above are 10 steps.

I suppose that you can add bunny hops (3)(if you can do them)
and maybe 2 outside 3 turns.

Hope this helps.

londonicechamp

Skate@Delaware
04-28-2009, 03:49 PM
I wanna know how you bunny hop in hockey skates????? 8O

londonicechamp
04-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi

Umm, no, I do not know how you bunny hop in hockey skates. The best bet is to ask your coach. :halo:

londonicechamp