View Full Version : The LOVEPAIRS...get well soon thread

TimDavidSkate
04-14-2008, 08:00 AM
http://www.wondercliparts.com/get_well_soon/graphics/get_well_soon_graphics_15.gif

Mrs Redboots
04-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Oh dear, what has happened to poor Lovepairs?

I do wish you better.

rlichtefeld
04-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Andrea had a very bad fall on the official warmup for Championship Pairs in Lake Placid. She was taken to the hospital via ambulance.

I haven't spoken to her or Lee since the accident, so I'm passing this on third hand. However Lee did post this on the AdultPairSkating forum last night:

-------------
Hi Diana
Andrea is resting fine now. She has a compression fracture on L1 and a hairline fracrure on one of the sacrum (sp?) vertebrea. Both are stable and in place and are not expected to need surgery. She was in a great deal of pain last night, but it was well managed by the EMT's and hospital staff. She was stabilized and x rayed at Lake Placid Hospital and then transfered to Saranac Hospital for a Cat Scan. That's where the sacrum fracture showed up. She was admitted there. By this mornin she was able to smile a lot and as of mid afternoon, the torso brace man came and fitted her. She felt a lot better just having that on. (perfect posture always feels good). She'll get one last look by the doc in the morning and then we'll head home as long as everything is fine. All her vital responses are perfect so far. She will be in the brace for 6 weeks and then PT.

Thank you to all of you for your swift help, compassion, encouragement and support!

Lee
-------------

I really hope the best for her.

Rob

coskater64
04-14-2008, 09:48 AM
I heard the same thing from Dr. Larry. Hope she is better soon.

flying~camel
04-14-2008, 09:49 AM
I was really impressed by all of the skating doctors who rushed over to the 32 rink when the medical emergency announcement was made in the 80 rink.

Isk8NYC
04-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry - how disappointing and frightening - hope it's an easy, uneventful recovery.

jazzpants
04-14-2008, 10:36 AM
I also heard about this third hand too and was quite surprised. (Of course, I wasn't sure who I first heard this from but I was 8O when I heard about it.) Since Rob mentioned the L1 and maybe L2 fracture, it would explain why I've heard that she said that she couldn't move her legs when it happened.

Lovepairs: Get well soon.

Skittl1321
04-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear this. Get well soon lovepairs!

dbny
04-14-2008, 11:16 AM
(((((lovepairs))))) Get well soon!

sk8er1964
04-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Lovepairs - I hope you have a very speedy recovery. (((hugs)))

SynchroSk8r114
04-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Heal fast and get well soon!

Mel On Ice
04-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I wondered about the commotion, then when Dr. Larry told me, my heart dropped. I think everyone's did. Speedy recovery and well wishes to lovepairs.

RoaringSkates
04-14-2008, 11:55 AM
That must have been so scary! I'm glad she's already on the road to recovery. Good luck x 100%

sexyskates
04-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi Andrea!
I feel so bad that you were injured at AN. You are an inspiration with your beautiful skating and your enthusiasm for Pairs. Heal quickly and completely so that we can enjoy your wonderful performances soon!

Thank you again for the cool stamp!

FrankR
04-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Andrea,

I am so sorry that this happened. I heard about it backstage at the 1980 rink and was mortified. I'm so glad that the prognosis is so good and that your spirits are up.

Wishing you a speedy recovery,

Frank

twokidsskatemom
04-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Hope you are on your feet soon !!!

quarkiki2
04-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Get well soon!

AdultPairSkater
04-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi Everyone :)

When the Championship Ladies were on the ice, I checked my watch and knew all the Championship Pairs were on the ice for their 20-minute warm up. I think I was actually having a hot-dog when I heard, "Medical Emergency 1932 Rink" on the overhead.

Knowing so many of my good friends and colleagues were on the ice, I just dropped everything and ran as fast as I could to do what I could do, which is how I made it to my dear friend so quickly. There was nothing any of us could really do except give support and comfort, check to make sure the EMS team was doing the correct things and help get her to the hospital as quickly as possible. I am glad Andrea was comforted by having a familiar hand to hold.

I was able to speak to her on Sunday, and yes, all the information in other posts was relayed to me by Andrea and Lee themselves. I have the utmost confidence in her strength to recover completely.

Let us not forget to support her partner Lee as well. What he must be feeling is beyond my imagination, and I am a pair skater! I wish him piece of mind and freedom from the natural guilt associated with an accident like this.

Andrea wanted me to invite everyone to visit the Adult Pair Skating website and make donations by buying stamps and to help defray (sic?) any costs for the site.

Stay safe and well, everyone.

Larry (aka Dr. Larry; AdultPairSkater; He Who Carries Competitors onto Ambulances)

sue123
04-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Feel better and heal quickly!

NickiT
04-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Wishing you a very speedy recovery!

Nicki

Figureskates
04-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Oh Andrea,

I am really so sorry to hear of your injury.

I was so looking forward to cheering you on like you did for me when I did my figures test up there in August of 2006.

All the best my friend.....heal fast and heal well!

Figureskates

starskate6.0
04-14-2008, 03:33 PM
I do hope you get well soon Andrea I did hear about your accident . I look forward to seeing you on the ice at ice works again soon. Get well.

Ross

doubletoe
04-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Wishing Andrea a speedy and complete recovery, and a big HUG to Lee as well!

sk8pics
04-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Get well soon!

looplover
04-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Very scary - how awful - get well soon!!!!!!!!!!

techskater
04-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Heal completely, Andrea. ((Hugs)). Lee, please don't beat yourself up over it. I would highly recommend some counseling for you over the deal (like they did as a team for the Canadians).

Morgail
04-14-2008, 06:12 PM
How sad that it had to happen at ANs. Get well soon Andrea!

FREESK8ER
04-14-2008, 07:05 PM
How Awful. Get well soon, Joanne:roll:

Debbie S
04-14-2008, 09:51 PM
I posted on the AN thread, but I'll add my thoughts here, too.

I hope you feel better soon, Andrea! Lee, I hope you're doing OK, too. Be proud of your silver medal in Gold Pairs and try to remember this AN with good thoughts (although I'm sure that's going to be really hard). You guys rock!

TreSk8sAZ
04-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Healing vibes for a speedy recovery to Andrea, and well wishes to both Andrea and Lee. So sorry this happened!!

herniated
04-15-2008, 03:11 PM
So sorry to hear about the accident. I heard about it from Frank R. Sat. night. Speedy recovery And take it easy!!

Terri C
04-15-2008, 07:14 PM
My prayers are with you both. Get well soon and do what the doctors say!!

Skate@Delaware
04-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Please get better soon!!! (((((hugs!!!)))))

Black Sheep
04-16-2008, 06:08 PM
I wondered about the commotion, then when Dr. Larry told me, my heart dropped. I think everyone's did. Speedy recovery and well wishes to lovepairs.

Ditto from me! :halo:

Beccapoo2003
04-17-2008, 09:12 PM
My hopes for a speedy recovery and many more years of skating!
Becca

ibreakhearts66
04-18-2008, 12:02 AM
wishing you a speedy and (relatively) painless recovery!
but don't forget to make other people do things for you ;)

lovepairs
04-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Wow, I had no idea that this thread existed, I just sort of tripped over it this morning! So, you have to almost die first to become famous?!; hmmm, okay, I'm figuring it out! :idea: Thank you so much everyone for your well wishes, very very very much appreciated! :P

I'm copying what I posted on the Adult Pair Skating Chat, so that everyone knows what happened, here's our story:

Hi Everyone,

I'm here. All of you are so great, who could ask for better friends. Tara, Larry, Will Abel, and Craig Joeright saved my life. Tara held my left hand the whole time and Larry held my right hand the whole time and never left my side, so I am eternally grateful to these two people. I learned this morning that Will Abel held my legs still and that Craig Joeright put on his guards and ran into the hall and found a janitor with a walkie talkie to call over to 1980 to announce the accident and that's when Larry came running. I was on the ice too long, the ORDA EMS arrived way after Larry did. Had there been a monitor at this session with a walkie talkie things would have gone faster. The rest of the pair teams on the ice were absolutely amazing watching over me and throwing their hoodies down, so that I didn't freeze to death. I'm grateful to you all. Even the people who openly dislike me have come to my aid both before and after the incident, so I'm learning things at light speed and grateful to everyone. It was a good accident, because it is giving me a chance to start my life over again.

I think you will all agree that Lee has some of the best men's lift footwork in the business. It is not his fault and I don't blame him. We worked on the full back press for two years now and never once fell on this lift. As you know we had a major fall on the Platter lift in E. Sectionals. Another lift that we never fell on. I'm very worried that we had two major falls out of lifts in two very visible venues. I don't understand it, why it happened this way, but I think it is part of a master plan from upstairs. Let me say that ORDA and the USFSA failed me with 9 teams on NHL surfaces during both nights of practice. When I had the accident there were 8.5 teams on un-cut ice that was littered with toe jump gouges. Huge holes; Lee and I were the first to take the ice and I saw this one hole that was so deep that I could see the concrete surface. So, I skated over to the Zamboni door to get the ice bucket to start filling holes but the door was locked from the other side and there wasn't any Zamboni person in site. When I turned around all of the other teams had taken the ice. I have to say that there was a lot of pressure on all of us to get a lot done in 20 minutes in a very dangerous environment. Lee, by the way, is in far worse shape then I am...he's just about having a nervous breakdown, so please some people write to him. Everyone is writing to me, because I got hurt, but he's really scared, too.

Okay, here's a little side joke before I continue:

I'm so stoned and bored out of my mind that I started to be-jewel my body brace! I'm pretty dilarious and think that I'm Frieda Kahlo in her body cast. It's not too far fetched when you think about it, because Lee is a Diego Riviera type--you know "beauty and the beast" of course me being the beauty.

Anyway, it's not Lee's fault. Other things are Lee's fault, but not this one, because it takes two to create a lift and I went up into that lift with juissance, enthusiasm, and total joy. In other words, I went up willingly. I blame the conditions: too many teams, too much energy/white noise and too many ruts in the ice.

So, here's what happened...you know what...can I continue this tomorrow? The drugs just set in again and I have to sleep...okay, stay tuned and I'll tell you what happened tomorrow... (they should have a little druggie imodocon.)

Part II:

Goodmorning everyone. Had a really rough night last night, but I'm able to sit up with a lot of pillows and write now:

So here's what happened:

The 20 minute practice started and we all decided before hand, because there were so many teams and we were all anticipating the chaos that we would scream "LIFT" when setting up for a lift, and Judy's coach was in the coaching box helping us with this process, too, by calling "LIFT." So, the first team went put out a lift, then Lee and I went and put our a platter lift, then I think two more teams went out with lifts (by the way, all of the over heads were spectacular!) So, we started to set up for our back press lift and as we were doing cross-overs we screamed "LIFT" and we had a clearing. I have to say that in two years of practicing this particular lift we never had such a clean "up/mount" as we did that evening. It went up very easily, Lee was locked out, and it felt very solid, I was pushing down and he was pushing up through the lift, I remember even smiling, because it felt so good (Tara told me that I struck a beautiful position--sorry, but after what I've been through I think I'm entitled to a little braggers rights! ) So, anyway, here's what happened next; in less then a nano-second I thought to myself "boy, this lift feels really lite!" Well, I think I'd just experienced what is known as "hang time," because Lee was no longer under me and I crashed straigth down to the ice in a sitting position right onto my tail bone. Here's the graphic part and don't read on if you are given to feeling queezy...when I hit a could actually feel the bones in my spine crack. It went right from my tail bone and up my spine, which is why I let out this primordial scream. I never know I had that scream in me, but we all do, and it's designed to signal for serious help. I think I let that scream out about two or three times until I was sure I was surrounded by people, because I know I was broken deep within my body. I've been in car accidents before, have broken wrists and ankles and even spit my chin open on the ice from a camel spin, which required 20 stitches, but this was something that I've never experienced in my life. It was literally at the core of everything that existed (if you know what I mean.)

cont' on next post.

lovepairs
04-19-2008, 10:48 AM
End of the graphic part: the next thing was all of my wonderful friends rallying around me. Lee never left my side for a second, except when he went to change out of his boots in order to ride in the ambulance with me, which was when Larry took over. As I mentioned, it took an unforgivably long time for the ORDA EMS to reach me and I was on the ice way too long. Larry told me that I went into shock after the fact, but he was really working hard with me to keep me from going into shock with breathing, refocusing and talking me through it. He is an excellent doctor. Tara was my spiritual guide--she just held on and gave me a lot of energy and comfort. I'm not going on SkatingForums at this time, because in the past I've found a lot of negativity on that site, and I don't need that right now, but someone told me that someone got on and said that the ice surface was okay. I really don't know why they would say that, because it was really awful and ruts were very visible and numerous.

Okay, so when things finally came together...oh, this was weird, when they put the board under me and went to lift me onto the gerny (sp?) I experienced the fall all over, again and really became very dizzy. I was first rushed to Lake Placid Hospital where they took X-rays and found that I had a compression fracture on my L1 Vertabrae. After that they packed me back up and rushed me to Saranac Hospital for a Cat Scan. I think Lee took a taxi back to the hotel and got my car and then drove right out to Sarana Hospital. The cat scan revealed that I had also fractured my sacrum, too, which is a little bit above the tail bone. So, six (6) weeks in my beautiful be-jeweled upper-body brace, bed rest, not a lot of moving around during this time (only in the house.) They said I can take little walks as the pain begins to subside. This is the strangest thing going from being incredibly active: I skated 4 days a week and was in the gym lifting two other days per week--to nothing and being totally sedentary. This is really hard for me, but here's another silver linning thing; I lost 4 lbs this week doing nothing! I've lost a total of 17.5 lbs, since E. Sectionals...Good for me (in Russian accent.)

After the body brace comes off then 6 more weeks of Physical Therapy, which I'm really looking forward to; I've had physical therapy in the past when I blew out my shoulder on the dear DS, and I thought it was really good stuff, so I'm looking forward to that. This morning Lee and I agreed not to think about skating right now and make any decisions about what we are going to do. He will continue practicing his Novice Moves this summer, while I am healing, and he'll try to test and pass them this summer before the new changes kick in. Before the accident, I was working with Philip Duhlebon on Novice Moves and I learned a ton of stuff from him that I'm hoping wasn't for nothing. I'm a little nervous now, because Lee was already a year ahead of me with Novice Moves and now I'll be set back even that much more. I'm much happier when we can do things toghther and remain contemporaries with our skill levels--oh, well.

Anyway, Ellen and Les are being very good friends to us and they are trying to put Oleg Vasilliev in touch with Lee to help him and give him some advice, since Oleg witnessed the recovery process for both Tatiana and Maxim when they had their accident. Melissa Gregory and Dennis Petrokov live close to us and I was thinking about asking Precilla Hill if we can have a moment with the, too, it might help. The thing with the elites though is that A) they are young B) have very concrete reasons to recover and get back in the game. I think we are going to have a very hard time figuring out what to do with all of this, which is pretty much an ever-present Adult Skating question: Why are we doing this? Especially, when a serious accident like this occurs, this question, becomes even that more pressing.

Okay, we'll figure it out in time.

Thank you, again, everyone for all of your well wishes and support. It is so important to us.

I'll be sending out an Adult Pairs Communication as soon as Lee brings my Mac up to me (I'm on a laptop now and can't do the website from this computer, because the software I use is on the Mac.) Anyway, the website is one thing that I'll be able to work on this summer. So, I'll be in touch real soon.

With love,
Lovepairs

Oh, I just want to make a little footnote before I forget: I was told that after they took me away that Zamboni men came out and patched up the ruts. I also heard that there was NOT an ice cut planned in the scheudle before the Championship Event, but when they heard of the accident, they threw in an ice cut. I was also told by another skater that 1932 was empty from 6:00pm until the pairs practice, and that they allowed the pairs to stay on the ice longer after the accident, because nothing was scheduled afterwards. I was also told that while 8.5 pair teams were on 1932 that USA was empty. I don't know if any of this is true, but this is what I've been told. If it is all true, there was no need for this many pair teams to be on an NHL surface simultaneously, which is a very dangerous situation and a recipie for disaster, which is what transpired

herniated
04-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Ohhh! Lovepairs, what you've been through. It brought tears to my eyes when you were describing the unbelievable pain you went through with your fall. I have never fallen as you have but have suffered many back injuries, hence my name 'herniated'. I have fractured my tail bone through skating but not the vertebrae themselves. And my fracture was only falling from my own height.

It was terrible how long it took for help to get to you. I think I would have thrown up from fear. You seem like a very strong, brave woman. And I know what it's like being totally sedentary too when one is not used to this. It can be maddening.

Whatever decisions both you and Lee make regarding your skating will come in time and it will be the right one for you both.

I have seen you both before at 2006 AN and Easterns this year but never met you. Next time I see you I will say hello and make it my business to watch you skate.

Regarding healing. The end of last year I tried Active Release Technique, some physical therapists are certified in it. I swear by it now. I was at the point where I questioned if I could go on skating (because of my back) so I tried it at the urging of a skater/coach friend and I'll never look back. Just a friendly suggestion.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your partner.

Figureskates
04-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Regarding healing. The end of last year I tried Active Release Technique, some physical therapists are certified in it. I swear by it now. I was at the point where I questioned if I could go on skating (because of my back) so I tried it at the urging of a skater/coach friend and I'll never look back. Just a friendly suggestion.

I have never heard of that... I have a wonky back as well with a little arthritis and am willing to try anything.

lovepairs
04-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Thank you so much Herniated. I will certainly mention the "Active Release Technique" to my Physical Therapist and see what it is all about. In about 6 weeks, I'll start the therapy.

Right now my back feels like jello and I can't stand up without the brace on, but I'm certain I'll have something to work with by the end of the summer.

Thank you for your words--they really help! :)

Figureskates
04-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Just get back as soon as you can!

We miss ya!

Mrs Redboots
04-19-2008, 01:09 PM
*Hugs* Andrea. I do hope you heal fast. Such a horrid thing to happen - it's why I hate watching pairs and tend to avoid it, or watch with my eyes shut and get it on the repeat! Ice dance is quite bad enough - and we haven't put a lift in our free dance this year!

Black Sheep
04-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I was also mad when I heard that the USA rink was left empty for no reason. It really scared me when Dr. Larry told me what happened. Thanks for updating us with your recovery news! :halo:

sue123
04-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Ouchies, your description seriously just gave me sympathy pains. I do hope you are not in terrible pain anymore and I wish you lots of luck on your road to recovery.

herniated
04-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I have never heard of that... I have a wonky back as well with a little arthritis and am willing to try anything.

Figureskates - google activereleasetechnique and it will give you the official website with listings of practitioners in your area. It's kind of a combination of deep tissue massage and your own movement that the practioner tells you how to move while he/she is manipulating your soft tissue.

It releases scar tissue and adhesions. Annndddd, it is not a three x a week thing either.

manleywoman
04-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Glad you're okay, glad Larry was there, and also glad Les/Ellen can see if Oleg has any advice. He certainly would be a terrific resource, under the circumstances.

skaternum
04-20-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm really glad you're going to be okay. And let Lee know that we're thinking of him too!

techskater
04-20-2008, 08:41 AM
I was also mad when I heard that the USA rink was left empty for no reason. It really scared me when Dr. Larry told me what happened. Thanks for updating us with your recovery news! :halo:

Black sheep - I was sitting next to you when Dr Larry told us. I was impressed that you didn't curse up a storm about it like I did.

Unfortunately, ORDA didn't do the greatest job with their planning and scheduling for this ANs versus other ones. AND it took something this tragic for them to learn a valuable lesson. I hope whoever is the next LOC takes note of this and plans better for practices/W/U. GGR girls, I am sure you took note of this in case you guys win the bid (FX).

lovepairs
04-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you Skaternum, CoSkater64, Manlywoman, and everyone else for your well wishes; Lee and I are very appreciative and using your kindness for healing purposes. Timmy David, a special thank you for starting this thread, I watched you skate on IceNetwork! Excellent! You skated beautifully!!!

I was infomed this morning by an official that ORDA was responsible for practice ice, upon which there were numorous pair teams scheduled and way more then would lend itself to safe conditions, but that the Referee was ultimately responsible for signing off on the "official 20 minute practice ice," upon which the accident occurred. Since it was known that 9 pair teams were in the Championship Event, it was known ahead of time that 9 pair teams had to have an "official 20 minute practice ice" close to our event.

What is unbelievable is that Rink 1932 was empty from 6:00pm-6:30pm (so I was told by another skater) and the Champ Pair Practice was scheduled from 6:30pm for 20 minutes. Then after my accident the pair teams were allowed to stay on longer, because nothing was scheduled afterwards. What makes matters worse was that I was also informed that Rink USA was empty while 9 pair teams were crammed into the "official practice ice" on 1932.

I have been encouraged to contact the Referree about this.

Next, remember we all received a letter that there will be NO EARLY STARTS for any competition? That letter came from the Referree, too. However, the Adult Silver Pairs was moved up early, which comprimised the skate of one of my friend's team. So, here's the thing: the Ref is making these rules, then breaking them, and then we were all encouraged in the article in the March Issue of Skating Magazine, not to contact the Referee??? :frus:

Helen88
04-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Lovepairs get better soon!! ((Hugs))

sk8er1964
04-20-2008, 03:26 PM
So, here's the thing: the Ref is making these rules, then breaking them, and then we were all encouraged in the article in the March Issue of Skating Magazine, not to contact the Referee??? :frus:

IMHO, I thought that article was extremely insulting and condescending. I contacted the referee at the 2006 Mids in Cleveland because she had put our pairs event almost back to back with the champ gold, and there's no way I would have had time to change and prepare for the champ event if I had been in the first warm up for champ. She was very nice and easy to work with and changed things to accomodate me (and another skater who was in the same boat). How would she have known that we considered it an issue if I hadn't contected her? It certainly wasn't whining, like was implied in that atricle - it was a valid concern.

I hope that your healing process is smooth, and my total support goes out to both you and Lee. I may not have skated pairs much, or well, but I do know that it is far more difficult (and on the flip side - fun :) ) than I would have thought before I tried it myself.

w.w.west
04-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

Next, remember we all received a letter that there will be NO EARLY STARTS for any competition? That letter came from the Referree, too. However, the Adult Silver Pairs was moved up early, which comprimised the skate of one of my friend's team. So, here's the thing: the Ref is making these rules, then breaking them, and then we were all encouraged in the article in the March Issue of Skating Magazine, not to contact the Referee??? :frus:

This was addressed at the Adult Skating Committee Open Forum. Lynn Goldman was there and personaly answered all of the questions. She was not aware of the particluar incident about the Silver Pairs because she was not on that panel. She did apologize for it and went on to explain that occaisonally refs. will ASK if everyone is ready. If everyone is ready, then they they may start early only if the competitiors agree. Somehow, there was a lack of communication in the Pairs event...the ASK could have turned into DOING by the time it got to the ice monitor. AdultPairsSkater can tell you exactly as I believe he spoke with Lynn personally too. She also said that she doesn't mind getting emails from skaters.....as long as they are "nicely" written. Unfortunately, she said she got many nasty emails from skaters before the event. She also got some well thought out ones as well. I'm just repeating what she said. I can say that she was very helpful in answering questions and stated that she is there because she loves the adult events and wants to encourage adults to skate.

manleywoman
04-20-2008, 04:19 PM
She also said that she doesn't mind getting emails from skaters.....as long as they are "nicely" written. Unfortunately, she said she got many nasty emails from skaters before the event. She also got some well thought out ones as well.

And that's the thing. In the past, I've seen some correspondance to the referee that has been extremely polite, and others that would make your hair curl. Plus when you apply it to a National, not a Sectional, if just 5% of the skaters for a 500+ event contact that referee with questions/complaints, that's 25 skaters! That's A LOT! That's why the article was asking that questions be directed to the LOC, who can then consolidate them and get them to the referee.

I will say for ANs 2007 in Chicago, a lot of the questions to the referee were simply, "when is the schedule coming out?" Frankly, the referee does not need 20 or so emails asking that question. It really doesn't make the adult community look great in the officials' eyes to be bugging their email in-box 20 times when the LOC can ask the same question just once.

If there's a major scheduling conflict like sk8er1964 described, then by all means contact the proper people. But if you're simply unhappy that you don't get your official WU on your competition rink (which is NOT a requirement by the rules, BTW) then don't bug them. No need to alienate the officials. And believe me, the officials are getting alienated. The planners of various adult events are having a hard time finding officials to help us because of nasty correspondance. Sadly, adults have a bad reputation now as a result.

(didn't meant to misdirect the original purpose of this thread, but wanted to address this since it came up)

lovepairs
04-20-2008, 04:35 PM
So, do you think I should contact Lynn Goldman and ask her why she signed off on having nine (9) pair teams on official warm up ice? Even without a rule noting the maximum amount of pair teams allowed on an NHL surface, wouldn't common sense dictate that this is creating a highly dangerous situation?

Forget about the March article, because all of my letters are professional and polite, but I was just doing some math and if you have 9 teams each having 3 lifts in their program (well-balanced) then you have a total of 27 lifts that need to be warmed up in 20 minutes. We were pretty organized out there anticipating the chaos from the previous night's practice and had a system of screaming out "LIFT" to clear the lift lane, but in this environment there was a sense of rushing for everyone to get everything in. This is not to mention that each team has approximately 9 additional elements in their programs to warm up, which is a total of 81 elements. Now, I know that we all don't get to do all of our elements in this 20 minute warm up and that this is not really the point. However, if you ever skated pairs, or interested to know something about pair skaters, it's that we really place a priority on warming up our lifts before a competition--ironically, it has to do with safety.

I'm sure she's very nice, but I can't imagine what she was thinking in this instance??? Should I write?

AdultPairSkater
04-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi all :)

I take all of the written rules very seriously, particularly when I am aware of them (there are so many rules!), and so I took this rule seriously.

I did mention this to the Chief Referee who was the referee on my panel, and her intent was to start early if everyone was ready. The ice monitors were again the problem here, because I did not agree. This was not communicated to the referee. The monitors confused 'checked in' with 'ready'.

Her advice to me in a similar circumstance was to say, "No, I'm sorry I'm not ready to start early." And make sure they tell the referee 'not ready.' In the end, we ended up in agreement that the ice monitors need training, and she gave me as sincere an apology as she could muster. There's nothing to do after the fact, and I communicated my understanding of this to her which helped diffuse the focus to the matter at hand, which was ice monitor readiness and how the referee uses/communicates to the monitors.

Monitors are simply volunteers who will do what is asked of them. From the box, the officials need to be clear with the monitors to get the exact info they need from the floor. But mistakes will happen, as people are only human. In this case, however, the monitor simply didn't listen to my reply, and I was told, "We are going 5 to 7 minutes early."

Cheers!

Larry

sk8er1964
04-20-2008, 05:57 PM
I will say for ANs 2007 in Chicago, a lot of the questions to the referee were simply, "when is the schedule coming out?" Frankly, the referee does not need 20 or so emails asking that question. It really doesn't make the adult community look great in the officials' eyes to be bugging their email in-box 20 times when the LOC can ask the same question just once.

I agree with this. The schedule will come out when it comes out, and no amount of nagging will change that. It just only makes it take longer. ;)

manleywoman
04-20-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm sure she's very nice, but I can't imagine what she was thinking in this instance??? Should I write?

It may have been an honest oversight on her part. I don't think it was intentional.

I will say that the Adult Committee is well-aware that there were too many teams on the ice, so I don't think you have to notify anyone, actually! It's an issue that will be covered.

LilJen
04-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Lovepairs, what a scary story! I don't know you but I wish you complete and quick healing. Take very good care of your body.

lovepairs
04-20-2008, 07:20 PM
It may have been an honest oversight on her part. I don't think it was intentional.

I will say that the Adult Committee is well-aware that there were too many teams on the ice, so I don't think you have to notify anyone, actually! It's an issue that will be covered.

Of course, it was not intentional, and I would never have thought that for a moment. However, it was a glarring oversight for which both Lee and I have paid a very high price. I'm glad to hear, and thank you for reassuring me that the Adult Committee is aware of this, and that it will be covered. If some good can come out of this; meaning that some very concrete rules can be put in place with regard to Adult Pairs' safety at USFSA sanctioned events then I will feel that what happened to us wasn't in vein. Since I've been on an individual crusade for the past four years writing to every LOC in advance of sanctioned events, with the exception of the 2006 E. Sect. in which Tara joined me in this effort, asking in a very professional, polite and formal manner, on behalf of the entire Adult Pair Skating community that there be the following,

1. Ample "Pairs Only" practice ice with regard to the total number of pair teams attending the event.

2. An ice cut before all Adult Pairs sanctioned practice and competition ice.

3. The maximum of five (5) pair teams per practice session.

my hope is that I no longer have to send these letters, because some very clear rules are put in place. I might mention that I sent the same request to the ORDA office before this event and was met with a very luckwarm response. Really, what started my writing campaign was when back in 2004 Lee and I arrived at the Lake Placid AN to find NO pairs practice ice at all and they wouldn't let us sign up for Freestyle Practice, because we were a pair team. Hands down, the 2007 Chicago Nationals was the best to date, making sure that we had enough, cut, uncrowded pairs practice ice. Thank you very much to that LOC! The worst was, of course, what just transpired up in Lake Placid, and 2006 in Massachusets when the Pairs actually stagged a protest at the podium, because they were treated so badly. We took a lot of heat for that protest after the fact, but I still believe that we did the right thing under the circumstances. I really hope this gets cleared up. I'll be watching from my bed and hope that everyone will keep me up-to-date if any emergancy RFAs are put forth to the Governing Council in this case. If nothing happens, then Lee and I will have to seek another solution.

Thank you all for your kindness and understanding.

Lovepairs

flo
04-20-2008, 08:59 PM
"Even without a rule noting the maximum amount of pair teams allowed on an NHL surface, wouldn't common sense dictate that this is creating a highly dangerous situation?"

As much as common sense would dictate to modify your warm up to be safe in "a highly dangerous situation".

Seems like a lack of this all around and an opportunity for lessons learned.

sk8lady
04-22-2008, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=w.w.west;362637]This was addressed at the Adult Skating Committee Open Forum. Lynn Goldman was there and personaly answered all of the questions. She was not aware of the particluar incident about the Silver Pairs because she was not on that panel. She did apologize for it and went on to explain that occaisonally refs. will ASK if everyone is ready. If everyone is ready, then they they may start early only if the competitiors agree. Somehow, there was a lack of communication in the Pairs event...the ASK could have turned into DOING by the time it got to the ice monitor.

FYI, this wasn't just Pairs...this happened in Ladies' Interp IV as well. The monitor did not ask if people were ready, just if they were there. One poor woman had just started putting her skates on as it was ten minutes before the event was supposed to start when someone came running in to tell us the event had started (without us, apparently!).

The monitor was really nice, I just don't think she knew what to do.

herniated
04-23-2008, 06:13 PM
lovepairs - how are you feeling now? How is your partner? And when this is all over think about posting a pic of your bejeweled body brace!!!:lol:

lovepairs
04-24-2008, 06:27 AM
Hi Herniated,

Thanks for asking. Here's an update of things I can do now, which I consider progress:

In bed, I can now roll to my left and right. It's painful to do this, but at least, I can do it (nice to get off my back, because I've been flat out, since the accident.)

I can stand up for about 5 minutes, before I feel like I'm going to pass out. This is when I put on one, or two jewels on at a time. I'm measuring my progress by how many jewels I can put on.

I'm trying to step down the drugs to wean myself off and that's pretty brutal with withdrawl headaches, but I think I'm over that hump and will continue to step down gradully.

I'd be happy to post a picture of me in my be-jeweled body brace, but Lee has to bring my camera up to me. I'll ask him for it the next time he comes up to visit.

Lee is doing better, he is back on the ice now practicing Novice Moves and hopefully will have his first lesson, again, next week.

So, we are getting there slowely, but surely.

Thanks, again, for asking--very much appreciated! :D

Oh, I'm schedules for a second set of X-rays and another Cat Scan next week, so I'll let you know.

FrankR
04-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi Herniated,

Thanks for asking. Here's an update of things I can do now, which I consider progress:

In bed, I can now roll to my left and right. It's painful to do this, but at least, I can do it (nice to get off my back, because I've been flat out, since the accident.)

I can stand up for about 5 minutes, before I feel like I'm going to pass out. This is when I put on one, or two jewels on at a time. I'm measuring my progress by how many jewels I can put on.

I'm trying to step down the drugs to wean myself off and that's pretty brutal with withdrawl headaches, but I think I'm over that hump and will continue to step down gradully.

I'd be happy to post a picture of me in my be-jeweled body brace, but Lee has to bring my camera up to me. I'll ask him for it the next time he comes up to visit.

Lee is doing better, he is back on the ice now practicing Novice Moves and hopefully will have his first lesson, again, next week.

So, we are getting there slowely, but surely.

Thanks, again, for asking--very much appreciated! :D

Oh, I'm schedules for a second set of X-rays and another Cat Scan next week, so I'll let you know.

It's nice to hear that you're on the mend, Andrea. :)

Take care,

Frank

herniated
04-24-2008, 01:03 PM
"This is when I put on one, or two jewels on at a time. I'm measuring my progress by how many jewels I can put on."

You are very funny! :lol:And glad Lee is back on the ice. CAT scans suck. Will it be the one with the radiated dye that makes you feel like you are uhh? having an accident on yourself? Bleah.8O

Mrs Redboots
04-25-2008, 04:33 AM
Is it the CAT scan or the MRI that is so claustrophobic? I can never remember.

Best of luck, and carry on bejewelling your brace! Hope you recover completely and quickly and are back on the ice before you even realise you were off it!

herniated
04-25-2008, 05:40 AM
Is it the CAT scan or the MRI that is so claustrophobic? I can never remember.

Best of luck, and carry on bejewelling your brace! Hope you recover completely and quickly and are back on the ice before you even realise you were off it!

It is the dreaded MRI!!!!8O I have major issues regarding it. (See my thread in non-skating disc. 'Anxiety in the MRI')

lovepairs
04-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Hi Frankie,

It was so nice to see you at AN; it's always nice to see you. Please say hi to your mom for me. :D

Oddly, enough, I've never had any problems with MRIs, or Cat Scans. I don't know if I received state-of-the-art Cat Scan in Saranac Hospital, but it was really eventless. No dye injections at all and they put me in this very small donut that sort of circled around my hips and that was about it. It took no longer than 5 minutes.

I know that I'm alone in this, but I actually enjoy MRIs--I know, strange. I was very envolved with conceptual art at one time in my life, and there was this Canandian artist who I was really interested in, Janet Cardiff. She did some amazing things with sound. I always loved all of the clanking, different sounds, and noises in the MRI and thought that it could be really interesting "patterned sounds" incorporated into artwork in some way. :idea:

Okay, I'm off to the doctors this morning. Everyone have a great day!

Skittl1321
04-25-2008, 07:46 AM
I know that I'm alone in this, but I actually enjoy MRIs--I know, strange. I was very envolved with conceptual art at one time in my life, and there was this Canandian artist who I was really interested in, Janet Cardiff. She did some amazing things with sound. I always loved all of the clanking, different sounds, and noises in the MRI and thought that it could be really interesting "patterned sounds" incorporated into artwork in some way. :idea:

Hey- we have something else in common! I LOVE MRI's I find the sounds to be incredibly relaxing. The only annoying part is when the doctor says something like "this one will take 6 minutes, don't swallow" like that's possible.

Debbie S
04-25-2008, 08:07 AM
I LOVE MRI's I find the sounds to be incredibly relaxing. What kind of MRI was this? When I had an MRI about 4 1/2 years ago (really bad fall directly on my knee while doing back crossovers), it made these jackhammer-type sounds. Definitely not relaxing. In fact the sounds were so loud that they would give people earplugs, and even with the earplugs it was still loud. 8O

Have MRIs changed? :??

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better, lovepairs.

Skittl1321
04-25-2008, 08:20 AM
What kind of MRI was this? When I had an MRI about 4 1/2 years ago (really bad fall directly on my knee while doing back crossovers), it made these jackhammer-type sounds. Definitely not relaxing. In fact the sounds were so loud that they would give people earplugs, and even with the earplugs it was still loud. 8O

Have MRIs changed? :??

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better, lovepairs.

No- jackhammer explains it nicely- the thing banged and whirred like crazy, but in a very rhythmic way.

FrankR
04-25-2008, 08:23 AM
No- jackhammer explains it nicely- the thing banged and whirred like crazy, but in a very rhythmic way.

Absolutely. I've fallen asleep while having MRIs done. :lol: I can't explain it. As Skittl said, maybe it's the rhythm.

skaternum
04-25-2008, 08:48 AM
I enjoy MRIs too. It's the only time I have the opportunity to just lie still and do NOTHING. With the sound-muffling earphones on, I don't mind the noise at all. Very relaxing.

lovepairs
04-25-2008, 09:51 AM
I enjoy MRIs too. It's the only time I have the opportunity to just lie still and do NOTHING. With the sound-muffling earphones on, I don't mind the noise at all. Very relaxing.

I know! I love the combination of classical music (when they give you head phones) and then that very rhythmic clanking and jackhammering! It's so nice to have to do "nothing" for a change, too!

Yes, "now, don't swallow for six minutes and don't blink either! 8O" LOL!!!

FrankR
04-25-2008, 10:23 AM
I know! I love the combination of classical music (when they give you head phones) and then that very rhythmic clanking and jackhammering! It's so nice to have to do "nothing" for a change, too!

For those of us who do yoga, I find MRI's kind of like a somewhat noisy savasana. :D

herniated
04-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Ok... lovepairs, skaternum, FrankR, and Skittl1321. You are all NUTS!!!:lol: Relaxing?8O...OMG... I'll need a sedative to go to my next one!! Don't you feel as though You are getting crushed in that tube? Either I have deep psychological issues or... you guys do.:lol: Please take my comments with humor! Wish I felt like you guys do about MRI'S. <<shudder>>

Have fun today lovepairs, I know now you'll enjoy your tests. (sicko):)

manleywoman
04-25-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm another one who doesn't mind MRIs. Had two last year for my back and hip and fell asleep both times.

lovepairs
04-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Ok... lovepairs, skaternum, FrankR, and Skittl1321. You are all NUTS!!!:lol: Relaxing?8O...OMG... I'll need a sedative to go to my next one!! Don't you feel as though You are getting crushed in that tube? Either I have deep psychological issues or... you guys do.:lol: Please take my comments with humor! Wish I felt like you guys do about MRI'S. <<shudder>>

Have fun today lovepairs, I know now you'll enjoy your tests. (sicko):)

LOL!!! The doctor was today, and the test will be next week. Herniated, you are hilarious!!!

I don't feel crushed in the tube at all, I think it's very comfortable and cozy in there. They give me a pillow, headphones, a blanket, and like Skaternum said, I just get to relax for a change and listen to the music and the banging, which is an interesting combination.

Tell, us why you feeled "crushed" in there, and maybe we can help you. The only reason I think that someone wouldn't like it is if they suffer from clostraphobia. Do you suffer from this?

herniated
04-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Yes, I believe I do suffer from claustrophobia.... among other things..:mrgreen: Only kidding, claustrophobia is the only phobia I seem to have at the moment. I never liked closed in spaces, even as a kid. I hated crowds, elevators, lighthouses ect. For me I think it's a feeling of loss of control too. I'm serious about that one. No, I'm not a control freak. Could be but I work too hard on myself not to do that.

Manleywoman.. fall asleep? Two times? 8OPardon me but.. (sicko) No offense.

manleywoman
04-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Manleywoman.. fall asleep? Two times? 8OPardon me but.. (sicko) No offense.

None taken. Hospitals/needles/etc just don't freak me out. :)

Nancy
04-25-2008, 01:57 PM

A good thing, since you're giving birth later this year!

herniated
04-25-2008, 03:26 PM

I used to not get freaked out. Something happened to me after I entered my 40's or something. :lol:I also had a major surgery a couple of years ago.. and well.. it was gross and physically disturbing. Eeewww.

Are you having a baby? Nancy seems to have let out a secret?

Skittl1321
04-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Nancy seems to have let out a secret?

I don't know if it was posted earlier- but the secret was at least leaked in the figures event thread- she said she couldn't do the event because she'd be 9 months pregnant. That was the first I heard the news. (And congrats manleywoman!)

And herniated- don't feel too bad, my Mom had to take medicine to calm her WATCHING me get an MRI her claustrophobia is so bad.

sk8pics
04-25-2008, 06:03 PM
I've never had an MRI so I can only hope to be in the very-relaxed category. But I did have a CAT scan when they were looking for the blood clots in my lungs, and they told me, "Take a deep breath and hold it until we say to let go..." and then they "forgot" to tell me to breathe again, or the microphone didn't work. :twisted: Whatever, especially since it hurt to breathe in deeply, I couldn't go very long without a breath! Not a happy time.

herniated
04-26-2008, 07:26 AM
I don't know if it was posted earlier- but the secret was at least leaked in the figures event thread- she said she couldn't do the event because she'd be 9 months pregnant. That was the first I heard the news. (And congrats manleywoman!)

And herniated- don't feel too bad, my Mom had to take medicine to calm her WATCHING me get an MRI her claustrophobia is so bad.

I just took my mom for a CAT scan and I felt as if I should of been medicated I was just as anxious!!!

And congrats to manleywoman!!

looplover
04-26-2008, 08:30 AM

Yes, "now, don't swallow for six minutes and don't blink either! 8O" LOL!!!

LOL, I totally agree. There's something very zen about it. Was very hard not to move though when I fractured my shoulder...um, I did have to breathe!

Figureskates
04-26-2008, 08:56 AM

You are a much better person than me then.

Hospitals, needles...shudder....

I have Dupreytren's Contractor and I am waiting as lonnnnnnnng as possible before I have that surgery!

coskater64
04-26-2008, 12:57 PM
I don't find MRIs that scary either, its a machine, a diagnostic tool, its kinda loud and they only had a country western station for me to listen too, but its not that bad. Of course, I had 5 shots one every 4 weeks of synovial fluid for my hip, they used a spinal needle and injected about 3 oz of this stuff, no novicane or sedative given--- right there, in the front of the old hip socket. It did sting, but since then, nothing really phases me. I complain8O, but in the end it is what has to be done.

Of course I can never have another MRI because of all the metal I could catch on fire...cool huh? (This is what I am told I don't think its true)

herniated
05-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi lovepairs, saw on another thread you are going to the neurosurg. tomorrow? Let us know what happens. Hope you are feeling better. OT..BTW I'd do pairs too if I wasn't so chicken and find the right guy. Preferably someone over 6' who could lift my a** :lol:and was a better skater than me. But I'm way too afraid of what you are going through.

ibreakhearts66
05-08-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm another one who falls asleep in MRIs. I've had my fair share--3 back, like 3 of my right knee, 1 or 2 of my left, right ankle, both hips (the hip ones were no fun tho, they were arthrograms, so I had to have a long, thick need inject stuff into my hip first). The sound always seems to remind me of African tribal music. But I have a limb movement disorder, so when I fall asleep in there, I twitch. Usually the twitches aren't so bad that they disturb the image, but I did have to have the long 6 minute part of the MRI redone once.

As for CT scans--I have no memory of the one I had of my throat/neck area. It was after a really bad surfing accident, I was heavily medicated, and still in shock. I just remember it looked like I was going into a donut (but that could have been the meds talking...)

And yes! Let us know how your next appt goes!

lovepairs
05-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi BreakHearts,

Yea, the Cat Scan is like a Donut, and it sort of circles around inside of the Donut.

What happened when you were surfing? Are you okay form that?

Does anyone know how I can attach at image to a post here? Some asked to see a picture of my bejeweled body brace, and I have one, but I can't figure out how to post it???

Isk8NYC
05-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Does anyone know how I can attach at image to a post here? Some asked to see a picture of my bejeweled body brace, and I have one, but I can't figure out how to post it???

There's a sticky "How To" here:

http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=20347

lskater
05-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Count me in on the people who actually kinda enjoy MRIs! I had one a few weeks ago and I enjoyed the chance to just lie back. The banging was hypnotic and I had a warm blanket on me the whole time...I almost fell asleep. However, a majority of the people I talked to about it said I was crazy and that they hated small spaces.....

Of course I'm a mom of a 4-year old, so I'll take ANY opportunity to get a good 15 minute rest!

ibreakhearts66
05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi BreakHearts,

Yea, the Cat Scan is like a Donut, and it sort of circles around inside of the Donut.

What happened when you were surfing? Are you okay form that?

about 5 years ago I got in a pretty nasty surfing accident. I don't remember how I got to this position, but I just remember being underwater, being tossed in the surf and panicking because I knew my board was in front of me. The board came zooming at my throat, but I thought I was OK. I got my head above water, my friend asked me if I was ok, I opened my mouth to say yes and couldn't breathe. The impact tore my vocal chords and did damage to my trachea (I think--something in there). I avoided having a tracheotomy, but did have to have surgery on my vocal chords. My voice will never be quite the same, but that is really the only lasting damage that I know of. My throat/neck muscles might have been messed up a little bit--I have a really hard time lifting my head up when I'm lying down. But seeing as I could have died, I'm ok with that lol.

And I can't wait to see pics of the body brace? How's your recovery going?

lovepairs
05-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh my God, BreakHearts. That is supper scary. I'm glad to hear that you survived that--someone was really looking out for you. It's really weird with these accidents, because in a blink of your eye, you're entire life changes.

Did you start skating after the surfing accident? Did you come to the ice to change up what you were doing with surfing? What level do you skate?

Oh, I went to the website that ISk8NY suggested, but there is a monthly charge to sign up, so I'm going to have to skip that...if anyone knows a way to include a jPeg on these posts, otherwise, please let me know. Thanks

ibreakhearts66
05-08-2008, 05:21 PM
tinypic.com and photobucket.com both allow you to sign up for free. then you upload the image from your computer to the website, and from there follow the instructions that Isk8NYC linked you to.

I was never a serious surfer or anything--just did it for fun. I went back once after the accident just to get back on the horse, but don't intend to do it again.

As for skating, I had started before the surfing incident. The younger skaters at the rink still remember the days that I couldn't really speak (before I had the surgery I could barely speak) and the days after the surgery when I had to carry around a dry-erase board lol.

If I tested up to my ability, I guess I would be an intermediate competitor. I'm working on 2axel, mainly, and occasionally 3sal and 3loop (but have yet to land any of those jumps clean).

Isk8NYC
05-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Oh, I went to the website that ISk8NY suggested, but there is a monthly charge to sign up, so I'm going to have to skip that...if anyone knows a way to include a jPeg on these posts, otherwise, please let me know. ThanksYou must be thinking of someone else; I never suggested using any website to you. You asked how to post a photo and I pointed you to the directions that were already existing on this site. If you're talking about Photobucket, as ibreakhearts66 pointed out, it is free of charge for the basic photo storage.

Did you forget that you have your OWN website? Just upload the photo there and then follow the DIY instructions.

It's really not that complicated - once it's on the web, you just click the little icon that looks like a picture and put in the URL where you uploaded the photo.

lovepairs
05-08-2008, 07:53 PM
You must be thinking of someone else; I never suggested using any website to you. You asked how to post a photo and I pointed you to the directions that were already existing on this site. If you're talking about Photobucket, as ibreakhearts66 pointed out, it is free of charge for the basic photo storage.

Did you forget that you have your OWN website? Just upload the photo there and then follow the DIY instructions.

It's really not that complicated - once it's on the web, you just click the little icon that looks like a picture and put in the URL where you uploaded the photo.

Isk8Nyc,

on post 93 of this thread you gave me this:

http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=20347

I went to photobucket, went to sign up and there is a $9.99 per month fee.

Thank you for reminding me that I have my OWN website--gee, I completely forgot.

flo
05-08-2008, 08:23 PM
The referenced post is correct. I use photo bucket and it's free.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/flopair/Friello.gif

Isk8NYC
05-08-2008, 08:58 PM
The referenced post is correct. I use photo bucket and it's free.They must like us, Flo. The photobucket signup page says it's free. www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com)

ETA: I LOVE the COCO and the Glass Dog Table picture, Flo.

flo
05-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks!! The tables are fun to make and see the dog's personality come through. I want to try a Coco table next.

lovepairs
05-10-2008, 10:29 AM
They must like us, Flo. The photobucket signup page says it's free. www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com)

ETA: I LOVE the COCO and the Glass Dog Table picture, Flo.

Says that it's for FREE, but when you go to sign up, there is a $9.99 per month fee when checking off their "acceptance policy" and you can't sign up with out checking this off...that's all. No need to be so snarky, but no one really expects anything less out of the two of you anyway.

airyfairy76
05-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Says that it's for FREE, but when you go to sign up, there is a $9.99 per month fee when checking off their "acceptance policy" and you can't sign up with out checking this off.

That's really odd - I've just tried setting up an account and didn't get anything like that. Happy to help though if required!! (desperate to see your bejewelled cast!!!).

:P:P

sue123
05-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Says that it's for FREE, but when you go to sign up, there is a $9.99 per month fee when checking off their "acceptance policy" and you can't sign up with out checking this off...that's all. No need to be so snarky, but no one really expects anything less out of the two of you anyway.

After you register, it takes you to a screen that lets you enter something to win a PS3 or something like that? And it says $9.99/month on the side, right? You don't need to click on that, at the top, there should be something that says "Click here to go to your photoalbum" or something like that. Basically, that $9.99 business is an ad from an outside company, photobucket is definitely free.

ETA: this is the screen I got after I registered
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk169/susanv85/Untitled.jpg

You don't need to register there. Not sure if this si the same thing you were getting, but if it is, just skip that part and click at the top.

flo
05-10-2008, 11:35 PM
From 'Lovepairs"
"No need to be so snarky, but no one really expects anything less out of the two of you anyway."

Your post is uncalled for, what is "expected" is manners from everyone - including you.

Isk8NYC
05-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Andrea, you chose to pick a fight over nothing and it's truly sad. You should really get some help and training.

jazzpants
05-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Okay, you guys!!! As much as I enjoy watching a good fight, I don't think this is something that should be aired on the boards. PLEASE take it to PM!!! :evil: (And yes, I HAVE reported the offending post!!! Please deal with it, Moderators!!!)

lovepairs
05-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Sue and Airy, thank you for trying to help me out with the Photobucket issue.

Anyway, it is a mute point, because I agree with Jazzpants, something like this is so rediculous and should go the route of a PM, and it's a pitty that being harrassed over something like this happens on this discussion board at all, and, especially, from the Forum Monitor and her friends.

As a result of all of this petty negativity, I've asked Isk8NYC to permenately remove me Skating Forums. To all of those who have been very kind to me, and especially during this time of my injury, I'd just like to thank you very much and hope to meet many of you sometime in the future.

Lovepairs

flo
05-11-2008, 06:24 PM
There's no harassment here, simply the expectation of behaving like an adult.
Everyone has misspoke at times, the key is knowing when to admit it and apologize, and not blaming others.

Terri C
05-11-2008, 07:02 PM
I've just reported the above post. I have HAD it with the bickering seventh gradish behavior I have seen on this thread the last two days! :roll:
Can't we all just get along if for anything, for the love of the sport?!

flo
05-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Terri - report away, There's no harassment here. Only people trying to save someone $$. If you have any questions or concerns - please pm me.

icedancer2
05-11-2008, 08:49 PM
I looked all through this thread looking for snarks and didn't see anything. Was something removed?

Oh well. If you want snarky, go to FSU!:P

flo
05-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Not as far as I could see. FSW must be an interesting place!