View Full Version : What is your regular routine for training?

FSWer
01-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I was just wondering what everyone's regular routine for training is? If you do more then one Discipline,please name routine for all. Please also name your Discipline.

Isk8NYC
01-15-2008, 07:44 PM
First, I stretch from head to toe and warm up off ice with exercises from gym class.

I start on the ice with a few laps around to warm up my knees and get the feel of the ice. Back crossovers are good for speed and strength.

If there's enough space / clean ice, I'll practice school figures.

Next is Moves in the Field and Stroking practice.

Then I practice freestyle spins and jumps.

I usually finish with a few "fun" things like spreadeagles, fancy stops, spiral sequences, or goofing around to whatever music's on the loudspeaker.

After I take my skates off, I stretch from toe to head (works for me).
Then I dry my skates and wash up / change.

Morgail
01-16-2008, 10:14 AM
If it's early in the morning, I'll do some running in place or get on my elliptical machine to warm up.

At the rink, I do some quick stretching. On the ice, I skate a couple of laps, do some edges and crossovers, and run a pattern or two from the Bronze Moves to warm up (back crossover to back outside edge is my favorite).

Then I do Silver Moves, redoing certain patterns if necessary.

Then I do dances (sometimes I do dances before Moves).

Then I do freestyle - spins first, then jumps. And spirals somewhere in the middle, usually before I practice the camel.

Then I run through my program.

Then, if there's time and I'm not exhausted, I go back and work on Moves again. Or I play around with more freestyle stuff, new spins (like layback or back camel) or jump combos. It depends on my mood:)

Then, when I get home, I do major stretching.