View Full Version : Private Messages

miraclegro
10-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Well, lo and behold, i never knew i had a spot on this forum to receive private messages, and some of them date back to last year! How embarrasing! So for those who sent me any, my deepest apologies if i didn't respond!

So, for the future, can i respond directly to that person somehow through the private message thing? I am just proud to figure out some aspects of the forum, and astonished that this feature snuck right past me!

We will probably come to NY again this late fall, and i know some of you all had asked me LAST YEAR about when i was coming and stuff. Well, this time if i figure it all out, i will respond in a timely manner.

flippet
10-03-2007, 05:53 PM
So, for the future, can i respond directly to that person somehow through the private message thing?

Yep! I think you have to use the button marked 'quote'--and then keep or delete the quoted bit as you wish.

mikawendy
10-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Yes, you can reply to them--but you have to hit the "forward" button (there is no "reply" button anymore, at least not for a few years). Then you have to type in their name under recipient. There is a handy automatic recognition feature which is handy in case you don't recall how to spell all of the recipient's screen name.

dbny
10-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes, you can reply to them--but you have to hit the "forward" button (there is no "reply" button anymore, at least not for a few years). Then you have to type in their name under recipient. There is a handy automatic recognition feature which is handy in case you don't recall how to spell all of the recipient's screen name.

Yep! I think you have to use the button marked 'quote'--and then keep or delete the quoted bit as you wish.

I find the "quote" method a bit easier than "forward" because you don't have to put in the recipient's name, and I often want to quote at least part of the received message anyway.