View Full Version : Discipline/and your most #1 fav. move to do.

FSWer
08-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Ok skaters!!!!!! Time to please tell me your Discipline(s),and you most number 1 fav. move to do in them.

SynchroSk8r114
08-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Freestyle: My favorite jump would have to be flips (single or double) and double salchows. Spin-wise...I love sit spins because I can go really low and really fast! Well, actually I really love backspins because I can get them very fast and centered. :D

Dance: Hmm, I'm on my Pre-Golds now and I guess my favorite of those is the Starlight Waltz. I enjoyed the Killian too, but I'm done with that, so no more of that...

Synchro: Not sure what move I like best. I love being lifted and I also enjoy challenging footwork, especially in blocks.

blackmanskating
08-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Fav Jump: Double Flip, double salchow

Fav Spin: Back Pancake/cannonball spin. (It's the only sit position that I can do halfway decent.)

BlackManSkating

*JennaD*
08-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Freestyle!: I think my favourite jump would have to be the double salchow because I love the height and the snap I get on it! And my favourite spin is my sit spin because I can go really low and spin quite fast :)

Dance: NOTTTT the American!!!! lol but I just love when a dance feels so easy to do with my partner...and how smooth a dance feels when its really well done! I don't really have a favourite move...My favourite dance would have to be the Canasta tango though...lol because I passed that dance with all "excellents" ! :) lol that will never happen again:lol:

Skittl1321
08-13-2007, 09:20 PM
I am a singles skater- and my favorite thing to do is backward 3 turns. To the casual observer, they are nothing. They are still slow and from a standstill, but to me they represent SO much work. I can remember tracing a 3 on the ice and trying to go over it again and again (forward) and setting my foot down, and then trying again. Then taking one step and then turning, then two steps and turning- then doing the 3-turn while skating. Then attempting to do them backwards. That simple turn represents SO much progress for me, it makes me so happy to do them. (even more when I do 3 consecutive, forward, backward, forward- but those aren't so hot yet).

RinkRat321
08-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Singles Skater :) yaya

(favorite jump)--double flip/loop even though they're not clean yet those two are still my favorites, especially flip, its just really easy to get height on

(Spin)--Sit spin or flying sit spin. i can get pretty low in my sit spin, and my flying sit isnt that great yet but no one else at my rink does them which is kind of cool and plus they're just fun :)

teresa
08-13-2007, 10:42 PM
single freestyle skater

loop
back double 3's and brackets
catch foot spiral

teresa

chowskates
08-14-2007, 04:49 AM
Jump: The loop has always been my favorite jump... and the double loop is the only double I would attempt without whining!

Spin: Sit spin, definitely. This is the only spin for which I can get speed, achieve the position, hold it forever, and center it! Unfortunately I can't say the same for the backsit!

Dance: anything but the Quickstep! I like the Starlight, although there is always that part where I would get entangled when partnering. I also find the Yankee Polka lots of fun to play with, but no, I can never manage to be on time!

jskater49
08-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Freestyle: My favorite and best jump is a half lutz. I used to like to spin, but that was when I had my two foot pivot entrance, now that I'm struggling with a real entry from back crossovers I don't like it so much. I like to do lunges. When I just do what I like to do on ice, it's edges...swing rolls.

My favorite dance is the Cha Cha. If I could just do the tuck behind.

Move - I enjoy just about every one of the Bronze moves except the blasted mohawks. I actually enjoy power 3s and I used to dread 3 turns.

j

Mrs Redboots
08-14-2007, 08:24 AM
I think my favourite dance is the British Waltz, or possibly the Swing Dance or the Willow Waltz.

I don't jump and spin as little as I can get away with, but my favourite Skating Move is changes-of-edge.

flo
08-14-2007, 09:10 AM
FS - layback
Pairs - Death Spiral

wasabi
08-14-2007, 09:18 AM
FS: combinations where double loop is the second or third jump; flying sit; footwork (the whole sequence, but especially rockers and cross-behind twizzels)

Dance: the original Cha Cha (definitely NOT the Cha Cha Congelado), the Westminster, the Yankee Polka

Muskoka Skater
08-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Favorite Jump: Double loops and double flips

Favorite spins: Every kind

Favorite Spiral: Back, left inside beillman

Sr.Bronze Ladie

SynchroSk8r114
08-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I think my favourite dance is the British Waltz, or possibly the Swing Dance or the Willow Waltz.

Just curious: What is the British Waltz, or in other words, what is it equivalent to in the US? The Dutch Waltz?

WeirFan06
08-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Favorite spin: Camel spin

Favorite jump: Flip

Favorite dance: Well since I only know the first three dances, lol... I guess rhythm blues... but not so much because I like the dance, but because my coach's version of the music sounds like stripper music. So we dance around like strippers during the intro, and then start the dance. Good times. :lol: Though I think i probably shouldn't do that during the test!!

icedancer2
08-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Favorite dance: Well since I only know the first three dances, lol... I guess rhythm blues... but not so much because I like the dance, but because my coach's version of the music sounds like stripper music. So we dance around like strippers during the intro, and then start the dance. Good times. :lol: Though I think i probably shouldn't do that during the test!!

So funny - when I took the Blues (the pre-Gold one) they used the stripper-version -- I didn't dance around like a stripper during the intro (!8O ), but afterwards one of the parents came up to me and said that she thought I skated fantastic and that she thought I was going to take my clothes off out there! I thought it was HILARIOUS!!!! (and somewhat disturbing I'm sure now that I think of it) - but, whatever makes the dance - eventually as you go up the levels, the music does get better (as do the dances!).

Anyway, for me, the favorites:

Dance: Favorite dance is the Argentine Tango - LOVE IT! I'm also liking the Starlight.

Dance Move: Blues Choctaw -(also my best move according to some)

MITF: Back Power Cross-over pattern from Bronze MITF and Pre-Juv test (although one judge had a problem with it - I was like, 'WHAT??? it's my best Move!!! - oh well, maybe not on the test because my blade hit a rut or a bump on the end and it got kind of weird after that... but in general, I LOVE it!)

Figures: Favorite used to be RFO-LBI 3s from 2nd figure test - can't do it at all now. Now I guess my favorite in the RFOI-LFI0 Serpentine from the 1st figure test and Adult Bronze figures.

kayskate
08-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Singles:
jump: loop
spin: layback

Dance:
chasses
change edge swing rolls

MITF
power pulls

Kay

Mrs Redboots
08-15-2007, 05:43 AM
Just curious: What is the British Waltz, or in other words, what is it equivalent to in the US? The Dutch Waltz?

No, it's a different dance. Used to be called the Prelim Waltz. Same music as Dutch, Willow and European waltzes. You start as normal, LFO, RFO, LFO/RFI progressive run, LFO3, then RBO, LBO/RBI chassé, LBO, RBO/LBI chassé, LBO, RFO/LFI chassé, RFO, LFO/RFI chassé, LFO3 and repeat ad nauseam. The gentleman, meanwhile, does the usual chassé while you do your first 3-turn, and then does exactly the same steps but off-set, so he is doing back chassés while you're doing forward ones, and vice versa.

Sadly, it's been taken out of our test structure, and is seldom danced in competition, so it's really only done socially now, which is a pity, as it's great fun. I did it with a Gold-level dancer once, and I've never been so terrified - or so exhilarated - in my life!

dooobedooo
08-15-2007, 07:02 AM
Deleted .

Sessy
08-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Singles: forward outside-edge bielman spiral.