View Full Version : I Passed My Adult Silver Freestyle!

miraclegro
06-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Well, after a somewhat not-so-great skate yesterday at State Games, and being sort of frustrated, with the help of some great friends, went to my test today. Of course, i was told to be there an hour early, so i figured i was on schedule. Then i place a call to see how things are coming along, and they are running an hour and a half ahead of schedule! I am an hour and 20 minutes drive away and i was just leaving my rink from practice!

I basically got 2 minutes of jump roping, and also changed out some elements at the last second without discussing them too much with my coach (another skater friend suggested the change). I did my change foot spin at the beginning and not my camel sit which i had at the end. Missed my other spin (camel) and had to re-skate two elements (camel and another single spin), because i thought i could do a scratch spin at the end, but it was not one on the list. I think i mortified my coach by doing these changes, but i did my program very smoothly, and was much more settled than yesterday. I PASSED! Yeah! all that time and money and i am so happy!

Clarice
06-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Congratulations!!!
I remember how happy I was when I passed mine! I massacred my camel spin, too, but had high enough presentation marks to pass without reskates. What a relief! (Considering that I had failed it at least a couple of times previously - I've sort of blocked that part out!)
Yay for you!

tidesong
06-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Congrats!! Really lucky too!

miraclegro
06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Clarice,

So, even if you do very well on everything else, and don't get a required element, you can pass? I didn't realize that! Mine didn't get highest ever ratings, but i really just played it safe. It was very smooth, and not fancy. I didn't want my nerves to be rattled from yesterday. I had a lutz -toe loop jump in, but didn't execute it all the way yesterday,and replaced that with a toe loop toe loop inthe corner instead today.

I still see the look on my coaches face when she told me to never ever change anything again like that without discussing it with her first. I really am not such a rebel. I had clocked into survival mode at the last few hours!

Thanks for the support!

dbny
06-24-2007, 09:28 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

I still see the look on my coaches face when she told me to never ever change anything again like that without discussing it with her first.

Wow, she's your coach, not your MOM! Methinks she has a little ego problem. What you did worked. The proof is in the pudding, as they say, and your coach should be happy to have a student with enough savvy and guts to make changes as needed.

miraclegro
06-24-2007, 09:34 PM
My coach is pretty cool, i think i just freaked her out when i put in the scratch spin that was not on the list (i thought it was). I was supposed to have an attitude,sit, or layback spin instead. I think she was just mortified to think if i had missed one more element it would have been over.

jskater49
06-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Congratulations!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

dbny
06-24-2007, 09:44 PM
My coach is pretty cool, i think i just freaked her out when i put in the scratch spin that was not on the list (i thought it was). I was supposed to have an attitude,sit, or layback spin instead. I think she was just mortified to think if i had missed one more element it would have been over.

I'm glad that's it, and that you are happy with her.

Clarice
06-24-2007, 10:37 PM
So, even if you do very well on everything else, and don't get a required element, you can pass? I didn't realize that! Mine didn't get highest ever ratings, but i really just played it safe. It was very smooth, and not fancy. I didn't want my nerves to be rattled from yesterday. I had a lutz -toe loop jump in, but didn't execute it all the way yesterday,and replaced that with a toe loop toe loop inthe corner instead today.

Yeah, if there's only 1 serious error present, the judges can either use the 2nd mark to pass the test, or request a reskate. There's a similar thing for moves - if you've passed one move higher than the passing average, it can make up for one that's too low and you can pass the test anyway. Obviously, we'd all rather pass everything, but... a pass is a pass!

As far as changing your elements - I say, good for you! There's no need to be a hero on a test. Just show them what they need to see!

jazzpants
06-24-2007, 11:19 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, miraclegro!!! You DID IT!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/musik/a045.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/musik/a040.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/musik/a050.gif

Mrs Redboots
06-25-2007, 04:02 AM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u215/krross2001/congratulations-4.jpg

Scarlett
06-25-2007, 04:49 AM
Congratulations!!!!

Seems like it is the week for passing tests. Ok who is next?

Thin-Ice
06-25-2007, 05:02 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

lovepairs
06-25-2007, 05:14 AM
A Huge Congrats, Miraclegro! This is quite the accomplishment!!! :P

NickiT
06-25-2007, 05:43 AM
Congratulations! That's fantastic news!

Nicki

Terri C
06-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Congratulations!!!!
Since we are in the same state- where did you test?

flo
06-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Congrats, enjoy!

AW1
06-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Well Done!! Crack open a hard-earned bottle of plonk and celebrate!!

Morgail
06-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Yay! Congrats:D

miraclegro
06-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Congratulations!!!!
Since we are in the same state- where did you test?

I tested in Charlottesville. Since they just had Commonwealth State Games they kept the judges trhough to Sunday. I like to test there....

FLskater
06-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Congratulations!!!!!! I am in awe! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

airyfairy76
06-25-2007, 04:42 PM
MANY CONGRATS!

techskater
06-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Woohoo! Way to go!

WhisperSung
06-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Yay, congrats!!! The test being early issue is exactly why I failed my Novice Free last December (no excuses for the one I just bombed yesterday ;)). I'm glad you were able to overcome the craziness of having to skate much earlier than expected.

Now, onwards to GOLD! :)

LilJen
06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Congratulations! You should feel proud!

mikawendy
06-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Congratulations!!!!

vesperholly
06-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Congratulations!

Sessy
06-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Hmm congratulations. And lady you have guts changing around like that!

sexyskates
06-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Congratulations!!!!!
The spins are the hardest parts of that test!

miraclegro
06-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks everyone! No one understands how hard all of this is as much as us adult skaters, therefore the pats on the back are much more treasured. I keep re-reading this thread because i still can't believe it and love all the creative ways you all make the congrats x-tra special! Wish i could meet each and every one of you!