View Full Version : pull tight

ice_skater17
05-01-2006, 09:01 PM
i was wondering\if any one had anyadvice on getting a tighter position in the air becuase i cannot seem to squeeze in enough. Thanks for any advice!!

vesperholly
05-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Backspins, backspins, and more backspins... sigh. :giveup:

You could also do exercises off ice. I had a class once where we stood with our feet shoulder-width apart, then jumped in left foot in front of right (or right in front of left if you jump CW), and then did jumped 360 degrees in a tight little circle. We started out slowly and increased the speed.

TashaKat
05-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Yep, backspins I'm afraid :frus:

What we also did was to concentrate (when you're spinning, scratch spins, back spins, any spin when you pull in) on really PULLING in rather than just bringing your arms in. I don't know if that makes any sense but you should feel as though there is something trying to stop you from pulling your arms and leg in so there's a resistance.

SkatingOnClouds
05-02-2006, 03:25 AM
Feel free to correct me here everyone. I know that I can pull my arms in nice and close to my body on spins, but it is not the same as pulling in tight.

I feel the difference when I do it with some tension in the arms and body, and I spin heaps faster when I do this.