View Full Version : Exhibitions You Would Like To See Skaters Do

SShaste
06-24-2002, 11:58 PM
I'm not sure if this has already been done before but I was wondering what songs would you like to see a skater use for an exhibition performance based on music style that they typically skate to or that matches their personality or a song that has lyrics that matches who they are.

For instance Elvis Stojko has always struck me as an alternative music or rock music type of guy considering that's what he usually skates to and that it also seems to match his personality with him being a biker so I could totally see him skating to these songs (or at least I would love to see him skate to these songs)

Elvis

Smooth Criminal - the Alien Ant Farm version (can totally see lots of fast footwork)

My Way - Limp Bizcuit

Breathe - Prodigy (seeing as he used music by Prodigy for his '96 short program I could totally see him skating to this one)

Michelle Kwan

Blackbird - the Sarah MacLachlin version (it kind of reminds me of the same style of music as Fields of Gold so I think she would do a beautiful job with this song)

Anyone else have any?

Katja73
07-01-2002, 10:44 AM
The first time I heard Eminem's 'Without Me' I thought it would be the perfect comeback song for Tonya Harding to skate to. LOL
Come on.....someone else had to have thought that too....LOL

icenut84
07-01-2002, 12:23 PM
I'd love to see Michelle come out and skate to something really fast and really funky!

ILoveAllSkaters
07-01-2002, 04:07 PM
Michelle Kwan:
Miracles Happen by Myra :D

CMc
07-10-2002, 06:38 AM
I still want to see Sarah do The Pink Panther! :wink:

ILoveAllSkaters
07-10-2002, 03:50 PM
:lol: @ CMc.

FallingLeaves
07-10-2002, 04:33 PM
[color=blue:d7282fe5a3]Well I doubt I'll ever see it now but I would have loved to see A/P do Enya's "Only Time". I'd also love to see D/V do that song. Or either team do almost any of the songs from her CD "A Day Without Rain". "Tempus Vernum" has that same haunting quality as Carmina Burana, I'd love to have seen A/P do that one.

I'd love to see what I/Z could come up with for a track off Train's CD "Drops of Jupiter" called "Getaway". After seeing them do "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" so well... the song doesn't really sound like that at all, but something about it just reminds me of it in a way and I'd like to see what I/Z could do with it.

Someone HAS to skate to the "Edward Scissorhands" soundtrack. I don't care who (well, it has to be someone good), or if it's a competitive program or exhibition, just someone please skate to it![/color:d7282fe5a3]

Artemis
07-10-2002, 04:39 PM
I would like to see Elvis do anything [b:08cae31aee]other than[/b:08cae31aee] rock and roll. He can do it. I've seen it. I was blown away by the number he did in one of his early tours circa 94 or so, the Caruso one. But since then he's done nothing but "You Really Got Me" (like about a zillion times) and Elvis Presley tunes.

Ice_On_Winnipeg
07-19-2002, 08:27 PM
Artemis...I have to agree I loved Elvis doing his Caruso routine....

I've always wanted to see Lloyd and Izzie do a Bryan Adam's song...went something like "The only thing that looks good on me..is you!" Can't think of the title exactly. I even sent them the tape of it hoping they would use it...of course they didn't.