View Full Version : Yagudin's hip surgery scheduled for May 30

jcspkbfan
05-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Alexei Yagudin is scheduled to have hip surgery on May 30 in New York. There was a brief article about it on AOL, but since non-AOL users can't access the whole thing, hopefully nobody minds me posting it here:

MOSCOW, May 24 (Reuters) -

"It's scheduled for Friday, May 30 in New York," Tarasova told Reuters. "It's a serious operation, so it's hard to say right now if or when he would be able to resume skating again."

"He was planning to come back and already we have begun looking for music for his new programmes," she said. "He just loves competing, so that is his main motivation for coming back."

Sounds like he's planning to return to eligible skating if everything goes well.

Debbie S
05-24-2003, 04:01 PM
I just hope that, whatever he decides to do in the future, he'll at least be pain-free. And I hope he takes the necessary time for rehab and doesn't try to rush back to the ice too quickly. I'd hate for him to be the next Tara Lipinski.

Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

Tigger
05-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Here's hoping it's successful and he's painfree. Also that he doesn't come back too quickly.

candace
05-25-2003, 09:02 AM
I hope that everything goes well with everthing that they do. No more pain would be good. I hope everything will be successful. Get well soon!

singerskates
05-25-2003, 04:31 PM
I'll be adding Alexie's hip surgery to the figureskatersprayerchain at Figure Skaters For Christ. He needs loads of prayer to have his surgery done right and to heal properly. God Bless Alexie!

Skatingsarah
05-25-2003, 05:22 PM
I'm happy that hes getting this outta the way be sounds pretty excited to come back to skating. In a way that kinda worries me cuz Alexei is definetly a skater who pushes it to the limit! So as long as he gives himself enuff time to recover I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. A speedy recovery to him!!
-Sarah