View Full Version : Just for fun- Make a Prediction

rack
06-21-2002, 01:48 PM
The skating season seems such a long way off, and all we have are rumors and predictions. Rumors are better, but predictions are fun too. So I'm encouraging everyone to make one not necessarily likely prediction.

I'll start- Sasha Cohen will win the US Nationals.

It's your turn now. Have fun.

Rachael
06-21-2002, 02:02 PM
Timmy will win Worlds. :D

bcskater
06-21-2002, 02:59 PM
irina will win 2003 worlds.--i think :!: :?

CanAmSk8ter
06-21-2002, 03:56 PM
There will be complaints about judging, probably in dance. I think that's a pretty safe prediction.

Dustin
06-21-2002, 05:02 PM
[quote:ffd9a7a328="rack"]Sasha Cohen will win the US Nationals.[/quote:ffd9a7a328]

Sounds good to me. 8) I think she may also win Trophy Lalique

nits
06-21-2002, 08:50 PM
I think Michelle will come back and win Nationals. It'll be a close 2nd between Sarah, the reigning Olympic Gold medalist, and Sasha Cohen.
I think Irina will win Russian Nationals, but will fall twice.
I think Michelle will win Worlds. Sasha Cohen will take silver, Irina bronze, and Sarah will finish 4th.
I think Sarah Hughes will win the GPF.

pilgrimsoul
06-22-2002, 12:06 AM
Plushenko will come back like gangbusters. His rivalry with Yagudin will make the 2003 GPF and Worlds the most exciting men's competitions ever. He will beat Yagudin twice next year.

Alexei Yagudin will win Russian Nationals for the first time in 2003.

Angela Nikodinov will medal at Nationals and in at least one GP event. She'll finish in the top 6 at Worlds.

Ina and Zimmerman will win at least one GP event.

Sasha Cohen will be the bronze medalist at 2003 Nationals and medal in every GP event she enters, including the GPF. She'll finish just off the podium at Worlds.

Timothy Goebel will medal in every event he enters next season, winning the gold at 2003 Nationals and a bronze medal at Worlds.

Sarah Hughes will win 2003 Nationals and will also edge out Irina Slutskaya for the gold at Worlds.

Viktoria Volchkova's presentation will dramatically improve, and she will make it to the GPF. She'll win the silver medal at both Russians and Europeans and finish 5th at Worlds.

Emanuel Sandhu will have a rough overall season, but will skate a great short program at Worlds and make the final group for the long.

Michelle Kwan will skip the 2003 Grand Prix series entirely and compete only at Nationals and Worlds. Unfortunately, she will win neither event. But look out for 2004! Then is when she'll make a brilliant comeback, unveiling a new 3/3 and adding the 3z/2l to her short program. She will reclaim both her National and World titles in 2004.

melanieuk
06-22-2002, 10:25 AM
It's very difficult to predict for US, but I'd go for [color=red:e729a3ae87]Sasha Cohen
[/color:e729a3ae87]

TracyPA
06-22-2002, 11:25 AM
The next three years Sasha Cohen will mature and become consistent in her jumps. Michelle and Sarah will also stay competitive and the three will go back and forth winning events. Irina will decide to retire to raise a family. Sarah will have a growth spurt and begin to have problems with her jumps. In Torino Sasha will win the gold medal. An unknown will win silver and Sarah bronze. Michelle will not medal, but as with Maria B. everyone will cheer her for not quiting and she will always be a skating icon. Michelle will not turn pro but retire to have a new career outside of skating.

ILoveAllSkaters
06-22-2002, 11:37 AM
[color=red:fee69c9898]Michelle Kwan will win Worlds. :)[/color:fee69c9898][b:fee69c9898][/b:fee69c9898]

hiliairyh
06-22-2002, 11:42 AM
Sarah will win USA nationals, AP will place #4 at nationals, ie she will beat either Angela or Krik.

Among Fumie, Volchokova, and Arakawa, one of them will placed ahead of Cohen at worlds.

Corey
06-22-2002, 05:11 PM
Tim will improve greatly next season and will win everything. He will win the next olympics. :)

Debbie S
06-22-2002, 05:13 PM
A not necessarily likely prediction (but one I wouldn't have a prob. with if Michelle Kwan doesn't compete) - Angela N. will win U.S. Nationals and will medal at Worlds.

As for likely predictions, a lot depends on whether MK competes. If she takes off the GP series, I think Sarah will win the GPF. I read a post on SkateFans quoting a Russian newspaper report (same report as the supposed GP assignments) that said Irina was considering touring full-time next year. I imagine being world champ and Oly silver medalist has increased her value (esp. since the other two Oly medalists are clearly not turning pro).

If Irina competes, and MK competes at Worlds, look for a fierce battle bet. the three of them. It's interesting to ponder what would happen if Sarah lands two 3/3s again and MK lands one, and skates similar to her performances at 2000 and 2001 Worlds, and IS lands one. Hmmm. I'm not sure I'd venture to predict that one.

Overall, it will be interesting to see how much benefit the judges will give Sarah for being Oly champ. And whether her flutz - if she still has it - will receive the same deductions as in the past.

I think I'll wait until Skate America to make serious ladies predictions. How soon is October? :)

Figureskates
06-22-2002, 05:21 PM
This is fun, being a weatherman and all.

Long shot prediction: While not winning Nationals, Beatrisa Liang is going to surprise a lot of people...........

donnamarie
06-23-2002, 07:10 PM
Sarah will win Nationals and Worlds :)

Yagudin will outdo himself, having two programs even more brilliant than last years' :)

CanadianSkater
06-24-2002, 10:44 AM
B&K will win worlds!!! :)

Oracle
06-24-2002, 03:22 PM
US Nationals:
1-Goebel
2-Savoie
3-Weir will battle Weiss for the bronze. Weiss won't make it to Worlds either because of injury or not making the team.

I think that Lysacek & Pennington will move into the top 8.

1-Cohen
2-Hughes
3-Kwan
4-McDonough
5-Kirk
6-Nikodinov

Dance will stay the same. Silverstein & Forsyth will finish 4th or 5th.

Ina & Zimmerman will repeat as Nat'l champs. I have no more predictions beyond that.

Worlds:
1-Plushenko
2-Goebel
3-Yagudin

Savoie will place in the top 10.

1-Cohen
2-Kwan
3-Hughes (pressure, pressure)
4-Slutskaya (pressure, pressure)

No predictions on dance (B & K should win, tho) or pairs.

:D

marlyn
06-24-2002, 04:37 PM
Yags will become a 5 time World Champion! :D
Bourne & Kraatz will get that ever elusive World Title!!!

Scott
06-25-2002, 07:36 AM
Sasha Cohen will be national champ for USA in Ladies and will place third at worlds. Kwan will be second at U S Nationals and will win worlds! Sarah Hughes will place third at both events.

Timmy Goebbel will be US National champ, Place 2nd at worlds.
Michael Weiss will be 2nd at US Nationals followed by Johnny Weir.
Matt Savoie will slip to 4th after losing to Weir on the artistic mark. Weiss will finish 5th at Worlds, Weir 12th.

I/Zimmerman will again be US National Champs and will place 3rd at worlds. Orscher/Lucash will be second in pairs followed by Kalesevich/Parchem in a very tightly fought event. Scott/Dulebohn will be 4th.Inoue/Baldwin, two of my favs, may be eclipsed by Roth/McPherson. O/L will be 9th at worlds followed by K/P at 11th.

In Ice Dance I predict a major upset. Lang/T will not win US Nationals. They will fall from the top perch as Belden/Augusto jump into first. In fact, Gregory/Petukov will be 2nd! B/A will go on to place 9th at worlds. G/P will be 11th at worlds. Forsyth/Silverstein will emerge as strong contenders and place 4th at US Nationals ( that is assuming Brandon recovers from his eye injury).

I have to think about non-usa teams and will post those predictions later. Boy, I think I have gone out on a limb or two! :)