View Full Version : Any news on the Aussie skaters?

Marco
06-19-2002, 12:27 PM
Is Anthony retiring? how about the girls? How's Jo?

essence_of_soy
06-20-2002, 12:39 AM
Hi Marco,

Have you tried the Aussie Skates site. It usually has the most up-to-date information there. The link is:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/aussie/AussieSkates.html

Also, the Hollins Trophy was held over the Queen's Birthday weekend. I've checked the NSWISA site, but so far, they haven't posted any results

Nick

Marco
06-20-2002, 07:14 AM
Thanks Nick. There's not much news on that site though. Wondering how the Aussie skaters are holding up...I really want Jo back...and Anthony to stay...

Any news about GP invites?

ljcummings
07-07-2002, 02:13 PM
Anthony is in Lake Arrowhead teaching and just starting to skate.

Aussie Willy
07-08-2002, 01:40 AM
Anthony is on the list of invites to a couple of GP events. Miriam has one invite to Skate America. Link below to GP lists.

http://www.isu.org/figure/events/0203/gp0203.html

kia
07-08-2002, 05:14 PM
:roll:females- Jo is skating with Micheal Pasfield and is looking good. Stephanie is training with Andre Pachin who has just gone to New York for three years (don't know what will happen to Stephanie)

Dance-Rebecca and Evgunie-the couple that won the dance nationals have split up. He has married another skater and moved to Western Australia. That should sort out his immigration problems and now he can represent Australia if they want to. Rebecca is apparently looking at a partner in Canada and is hoping to move there next year after she finishes her HSC. Trevor and Kirsty (the couple that came last at 4CC's have split up. He is looking for another partner. Daniel and Amy have changed coaches to Chris Stuart. Natalie and Trent are having lessons from both Belinda Trussel and Anne Zoe. They did Hollins recently but fell every where and don't seem to be skating as well as last year. There is a new partnership that is looking better. Dannielle Rigg Smith-(Trents old partner) is skating with a Canadian Darryl Lampitt. They are looking good but have to pass the tests and probably wont be competing this year. There is also another new dance couple in Western Australia but I don't know much about them. Apparrently he was 4th in the Russian nationals a few years ago. He also has to get his dance tests so they may not be competing this year.

Pairs- Lloyd Tucker is still looking for a partner. He may have one from Canada but things need to be negociated. He went to Canada for 12 months a couple of years ago and I heard he wanted to go back. Bradley Santer would also like to do pairs but can't find a girl who is committed and is small and good enough however now Andre is gone there is also the worry of finding a good pairs coach.

Men. not much to say Anthony is in the US Bradley is still injured but trying hard Lloyd still trains with Valentin and Daniel has gone back to Townsville.(he is my favourite of all the skaters as I think he looks cute and he is the most artistic on the ice)

Judyith Katie
09-29-2002, 08:37 PM
How about the Rigby's? I know the retired but does anyone know why? Plz I never hear anything about them

Marco
09-30-2002, 02:16 AM
Apparently Anthony is retaining both his programs from last season (Pearl Harbour and Journey of Men) and Stephanie is consistently landing 3toe3toes as well as 3sal half loop 3sals.

Koala
09-30-2002, 07:51 AM
The dance team in Perth is Sasha (don't know his last name) and Danika Bourne. She was from Brisbane but moved to Perth.

Thanks for all the news...

Aussie Willy
10-07-2002, 06:31 PM
Has anyone any updates about Jo? Someone was asking me on the weekend what has happened seeing Andrei has gone o/s. Also any other updates about our other senior Aussies?

BTW - I was talking to Cameron Medhurst on the weekend at Vics. He has retired from skating and back in Australia.