View Full Version : Show Me The $$

LIKathy
06-08-2002, 09:11 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew how much money the Ice-skaters make when they do a tour with Champions On Ice or Stars On Ice. Does one skater get more money because they won the Gold? Or is it a set price for each skater?

jp1andOnly
06-08-2002, 11:07 AM
each skater, depending on their results, what medals they earned, etc each get a different price. Most often their managers will haggle with the tour to get them what they think the skater is worth. I think Sale and Peltier were asking $200,000 a show..something ridiculous like that. I'm sure someone here knows more than I do.

Jen

bbtano
06-08-2002, 11:59 AM
I've heard the top skaters get around 10,000 per show. Not bad for eight to ten minutes of performance time (w/COI), eh? LOL It's the constant travel and living out of a suitcase that would wear me down.

[i:561e6fe99d]Moderator note: double post deleted[/i:561e6fe99d]

ik98
06-09-2002, 06:39 AM
According to a recent People magazine article it stated that S/P were asking $20,000 per show and were turned down. They then brought the price down to $14,000 per show but were turned down again as the COI tour was already in progress and it felt the majority of tickets were purchased so adding them that late wouldn't help sell tickets.
It is my understanding standing that only Michelle, Tara and Botanio could command a $20,000 per night price tag from COI.
As for SOI< I have no idea but I am assuming the skaters get more as they have to skate many parts instead of the one COI cold spot plus the opening and closing.
In televised competitions the skaters get a hefty appearance fee plus a cash prise for their placement. During the peak of popularity after Tonya whacked Nancy, Oksana was reportedly earning $100,000-$200,000 per appearance.

sapphire
06-09-2002, 07:49 PM
Boitano was taking in approximately $1 million for the entire tour. I assume Michelle Kwan gets the same. Lesser known skaters don't get paid nearly as much.