View Full Version : Any Chance Wirtz and Wirtz Will Compete Again As Eligible?

Peter G
06-01-2002, 07:25 PM
[color=darkblue:2dcfabc342]We Canadians have lost Sale and Pelletier from the eligible ranks. We have many wonderful teams to take their place. But I always had high hopes for Wirtz and Wirtz to improve, show more of their artistic side and passion for one another and for skating. I definitely felt they could be in the top five at Worlds, and always wanted to see them stand on the podium.

Does anyone think they may make a comeback at some point to the eligible ranks? Anyone have some inside info?

I'd also like to know if anyone has info about Kristy being a new Mom. Don't think I've heard anything at all! [/color:2dcfabc342]

leap of faith
06-01-2002, 08:07 PM
No inside info but I seriously doubt any comeback. They were planning to end after 2002 for ages. It just came a little early.
they've been around for many years and were always in the top 10 but kept getting passed by new teams. One left and another passed them while they never move.

Besides that both seem really happy being coaches now with the family.
Kris was 31 last year and Kristy was 26...not really young and hungry to make a comeback.

Artemis
06-06-2002, 03:11 PM
I agree 100% with Leap of Faith. I'd be extremely surprised to see them return.

As for Kristy's role as a "new Mom," I don't have any inside info either, but I'd imagine it's a lot easier this time around than with her first daughter, Tristan. She's older, married, and reasonably financially secure. All these things have *got* to make it easier to be a parent.

VGL
06-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Peter, the Wirtz's daughter Brianna was born on May 21st.

I doubt we'll see them skate as eligibles again.

scs
06-06-2002, 07:21 PM
I don't expect to see them as eligible skaters again either. I do hope that they do some shows and competitions though!

Intensity20
06-06-2002, 09:41 PM
The latest I have heard is that they hope to someday skate as pros, but family (obviously) is their immediate focus at this point.