View Full Version : Beatrisa Liang

rack
11-20-2002, 07:29 AM
I know she qualified for US Nationals again, and I'm just curious from those who've seen her lately.

How is she looking (height included)? How does she compare to the other top US ladies (or Japanese or Russian or Finnish ladies for that matter)? How bright do you estimate her future to be?

She hasn't been discussed much lately that I've been aware of. Is she a dark horse at Nationals?

AxelAnnie22
11-20-2002, 07:47 AM
Unless she has made a quantum leap in artistry, I can't imagine that she would be a contender for a spot on the podium at Nats. She would have to outskate Sasha, Jenny, Angela, AP, Sarah and Michelle. Even if Angela, Sarah and Michelle don't skate (injury or whatever) it is still tough.

I would hat to have to compete in this field.

A.H.Black
11-20-2002, 10:00 AM
I wrote about her in the pacific coasts reports. Her short was excellent in both technical elements and presentation and even artistry. She has grown some in the last year, probably 3-4 inches, but so far it is all up. She is still very slim and straight. The biggest difference is in her intepretation to the music. She seems to have a much more emotional attachment to it and it shows, especially in the short program. She has used the year wisely and the improvement shows. It was nice to see.

chattykathy
11-20-2002, 10:06 AM
I saw a picture of her and she is carrying her new height well. Growing older as well as up, has alot to do with artistry and connection to the music and audience. I can't wait to see her at Nationals.

AxelAnnie22
11-20-2002, 10:10 AM
Doesn't Biatrisa study piano? I would think that would help to inform her musical interpretation on ice as well. Glad to hear she is doing well. Am looking forward to seeing her.

Dave Amorde
11-20-2002, 10:43 AM
Yes, Bebe also studies piano, and is quite an accomplished pianist.

http://SWPSkating.com/beatrisaliang.html

missmarysgarden
11-20-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this year's edition of Bebe.