View Full Version : The Best of Skatingforums.com

Isk8NYC
08-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Just thought we could have a little online memorial to skatingforums before it goes offline.

After the 2006 (?) Olympics, an internet troll invasion happened. They all had usernames that were mass murderers or serial killers and their posts were just nasty.

I had never seen anything like that before and man, was I impressed by the response from the moderation team. Kestral, Adrian, and flippet shut down the attack in no time flat.

I was blown away by their efforts and that's when I volunteered to be a mod.

LilJen
08-28-2010, 02:27 AM
This has been the BEST place to learn about the world of adult skating. Had NO CLUE it even existed (adults can compete? adults can take private lessons? adults can take tests?) and being here inspired me to get onto the ice (after meaning to do so since childhood and only having done so a tiny bit). It's been so supportive and chock full of information. . . hopefully we can recreate that atmosphere somewhere else (probably FSU?).

Sessy
08-28-2010, 03:01 AM
I agree, adult skating all the way. Also nicked a ton of exercises from here actually. Met some new friends, some people who make my blood boil, is all good man. :bow: