View Full Version : Riedell 910 ls Reviews??

Icefrog
08-09-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm really intrested in getting new skates since mine are starting to breakdown. I really like the lightweight Riedell series, and I know the 1310 and 2010 have been discussed here I haven't heard anything about the 910. I don't know any skaters that have them very well and the nearest good pro shop is a few hours away, but its where I'm going to buy them when its time to make the trip. I am an adult skater just starting to work on juvenile moves and almost ready to test the first pre bronze dance. I also have landed an axel sometimes, but I can see myself moving away from freestyle the further I get in dance/moves since I enjoy it more.

Anyway I always forget to talk to my coach about boots since I don't get much time with him so I figured I would come here.

CaraSkates
08-09-2010, 07:01 PM
I don't know anything about the 910 LS but if you are an adult working on Juv MIF, pre-bronze dances and axels, I think you would want to look at the 1310LS.
I am a 20yo (skating for 6.5 years) who is about to test Novice MIF. I occasionally work on Bronze dances and axels/2sals. I have been in the 2010s for a year now and love them. When I tried on the 1310s I could tell I didn't have enough support. I creased the 1310s in the skate shop. I would have killed the 910s in a week.

Food for thought. :)

Icefrog
08-09-2010, 07:51 PM
I have Jackson competitors and I thought they were stiff and it took me a while to break them in. I still think they are the stiffness I need which is weird since I'm an adult skater too I guess I'm light on boots?? I wanted to get elites since they're the next level up but I think they would be like cement shoes on my feet.

Virtualsk8r
08-09-2010, 07:58 PM
My all time favorites are the Riedell 1500's - lighter, cork heels and soles and the tongue/heel grabber feature. I have students who are national level seniors in them and adults who are still working on single jumps. The boots are comfortable, easy to break in, and light. The 2010's creased too easily for my skaters.

If you can afford the extra $ for the 1500's - go for it. I would never overboot a skater, with the exception of this boot. And, if you break it down - Riedlle will resole and rebuild it for about $100 plus shipping. I know - because my skaters have had some of theirs rebuilt twice! (over a few years).

CaraSkates
08-09-2010, 08:14 PM
2010s were the easiest break in period I've had. I *love* the low cut back. I seriously considered 1500s because of the heel lock feature but I really wanted to try the lowcut back and I can't see myself wanting to give it up. I'm focusing on moves at the moment with the intention of adding in dance and freestyle after I pass Novice and these hold up great.

Another young adult at my rink (22/23?) has the 1310s and really likes them. She is working on Juv MIF, lutzs and axels. I think she got hers about the same time I got my 2010s (a year ago). If you can, try on a bunch of styles. My skate shop is about an hour away but its worth it (I drive monthly for sharpening).