View Full Version : Sporture skating dresses

Lenny2
04-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Has anyone purchased from this site? www.sporture.com If so, how was the quality and fit?

sk8lady
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
They offered dresses to all the coaches who attended the PSA conference in Orlando last year, so I had them make me one. Despite going by the measurement chart, it was on the tight side all over, but would have been wearable except that it has a side neck closure so it chokes me. Very attractive well-made dress but get a size up from what you think you ought to get.

Lenny2
04-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks. That sizing advice is very helpful, since we are between sizes.

Skittl1321
04-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Alissa Czisny wore a dress that I'm 99% sure was by this company at a nationals practice (it looked identical to their designs, and she's listed as one of their models). It looked great on her, but the skirt was MUCH shorter than anything I'd wear. Having played with their app, I'm not sure I like the style of their longer skirts, and the shorter ones are just too short for my preference.

Kat12
05-16-2010, 01:13 PM
A bit OT, but there was a Sporture ad in Skating magazine with a picture of Alissa, and I was intrigued by her tights--they were OTB, but had an extra little piece in back to go over the heel of her skates. I can't find the ad online (I think the same picture is on the site, but it only shows her from the knees up), and the magazine is long gone so I couldn't even tell you what month, but I have kept meaning to ask here if anyone had ever seen tights like those before? I think theyr'e a great idea!

icestalker
05-30-2010, 06:42 PM
A bit OT, but there was a Sporture ad in Skating magazine with a picture of Alissa, and I was intrigued by her tights--they were OTB, but had an extra little piece in back to go over the heel of her skates. I can't find the ad online (I think the same picture is on the site, but it only shows her from the knees up), and the magazine is long gone so I couldn't even tell you what month, but I have kept meaning to ask here if anyone had ever seen tights like those before? I think theyr'e a great idea!

All OTB tights are like that. Some skaters simply don't bother to pull it down all the way, leaving a gap of heel showing. The proper way is to stretch the elastic down underneath the heel so it stays there and covers the heel.

Skittl1321
05-30-2010, 08:01 PM
All OTB tights are like that. Some skaters simply don't bother to pull it down all the way, leaving a gap of heel showing. The proper way is to stretch the elastic down underneath the heel so it stays there and covers the heel.

(bolding mine) Ooh no- it looks SO much better when you can see the heel- as long as it's positioned correctly to NOT see the white of the boot.

(I'm not sure there is a "proper" way- tight manufactorers seem to be pretty evenly split on how they advertise them- over the heel or not. I think I found more not over the heel, but I didn't look for long)