View Full Version : Who's retiring? Who's staying?

Dave G
02-25-2010, 11:59 AM
My specific question about who is retiring was about Belbin & Agosto, but I thought I would open it up to everybody...Who's retiring? Who's staying? Belbin & Agosto? Lysacek? Jeremy Abbott? What about some of those who failed to make it out of nationals? Alissa Ciszny? McLaughlin & Brubaker? What about Plushenko? Is he serious about skating on? I invite a response about anyone!

Skittl1321
02-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Lysacek is not going to World's and has a SOI contract- I would say that's retiring, at least as much as Sasha had retired.

Plushenko says he's going to World's and to Sochi- we'll see.

Czisny released a statement saying she was leaving her coach. She didn't name a new coach, so she might still be retiring, though it seems awfully unnecessary to announce a split if you aren't continueing at all, unless you want to make a public statement about your dissatisfaction, and she doesn't seem to be the type to do that. Who knows though.

I think Abott has done a lot of twittering that lead me to believe he was carrying on.

Belbin and Agosto have said they aren't sure if they'll go to World's, and that they wanted to go out on 2 great skates, and they did that- so it sounds like a retirement is coming up.

McLaughlin and Brubaker have said they are continuing skating. They always imagined going to Sochi- but I think they thought it would be as a second olympics.

/not officially knowledgeable, just listening to the skaters talk.

flying~camel
02-26-2010, 01:00 PM
I think Abott has done a lot of twittering that lead me to believe he was carrying on.

I'm a huge Jeremy Abbott fan, so I figured I'd weight in on this one ;)

From his Facebook page today:

*WM* - Hi Jer Force! Just want to clear some things up. 1)Jeremy WILL compete at Worlds; 2) As of now, Jeremy is planning on competing next season. He will go from Torino back to the US to start rehearsals. We will let you know which cities will be on his schedule. His coach, Yuka Sato, will be in SOI, too :) We have a... feeling that he'll still be training, along with performing!!!

Isk8NYC
02-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Rachael Flatt told the Today show that she's sticking it out for Sochi.

Dice and Weir both said they'd continue competing, but weren't sure about 2014.