View Full Version : yet another costume controversy

Artemis
02-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Johnny Weir has changed his costume to faux fur.

Story here: http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-news/n/news/afp-news/figure-skating--weir-drops-fox-for-faux-in-fur-flap_253068VV.html

Schmeck
02-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Good for the anti-fur whatever he called them - yes, it is a victory for them, and why does he not understand the torment that goes along with the fur industry, since they are 'tormenting' him?

Now, if he would just get rid of the corset crap on his short program costume, and the drama that has nothing to do with actual skating...

Oh how I wish Ryan Bradley was going instead!

Isk8NYC
02-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Now, if he would just get rid of the corset crap on his short program costume, and the drama that has nothing to do with actual skating...

Oh how I wish Ryan Bradley was going instead!
Absolutely and totally agree with you. When you get to the point where you care more about what you wear when skating than how you actually skate, it's time to hang it up.

Ryan Bradley would be more composed and most of all, he really WANTS to skate at the Olympics for the US, as opposed to Weir's wanting to get more attention.

Samskate
02-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Amen to Schmeck's comments!

Kat12
02-04-2010, 06:43 AM
The article I read had him giving some snide comment about how it's stupid to worry about animals when people are starving or something. Unless he regularly gives some MAJOR coin to human charities, I don't even want to hear his faux "concern." And how does not torturing an animal for its fur take anything away from humans anyway? What an idiot. I'll never have respect for the guy again.