View Full Version : Adult Competition in San Diego Jan 30th "Mid Winter Warm Up"

sdfigureskater
01-25-2010, 09:02 PM
It's getting really close...only a week away!! :) I'm not competing...getting through a knee overuse injury, but was wondering if anyone has their program up on youtube yet!?! I can hardly wait until Saturday-looks like it's going to be a lot of fun !! :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SK8G4FUN

san
01-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Well, my program is not out in cyberspace, but it will be there at the comp on Saturday. ;) I haven't competed in 30 years 8O but I am quite excited about the whole thing.

sdfigureskater
01-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Well, my program is not out in cyberspace, but it will be there at the comp on Saturday. ;) I haven't competed in 30 years 8O but I am quite excited about the whole thing.

Yayyy!! Good for you!! :) It takes a lot of guts to compete as an adult and I think it's awesome that you'll be out there!! :) My name is Laura and I would have been in Ladies lll, unfortunately my knee injury will keep me off a little while longer. Even though I can't compete, I'll definitely enjoy being out in the audience :) Do you know if you will be competing against many others?
Best of luck to you!! :)

san
01-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Laura, I sent you a PM. After I saw your YouTube videos, I realized that we know each other from the rink! You even watched one of my program run-throughs several months ago.

I'm skating Silver Ladies Class III. There are 9 women in the group--it's the biggest one out of the whole comp! Go figure. And all the other women are very experienced adult competitors. But I'm just out there for fun, so I'm trying to ignore the fact that it's a competition and will just try and do my best.

edited to add: Your spins are looking great, BTW! See you on Saturday!