View Full Version : Ladies SP Universal Sports Thursday night

icedancer2
01-20-2010, 10:53 PM
I saw this posted over at FSU - they will be showing the ENTIRE ladies SP Thursday evening starting at 7:30 pm Pacific Coast time. They are aware that this is not reflected in their daily schedule but the guy from US posted over there (at FSU) - check it out!

Oh, and Sasha will be skating at 10pm PST

sdfigureskater
01-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Wow... Is TV scheduling for this major event always such a pain?!? I've been hearing and reading several different event schedule times... Does anyone know where to get a correct schedule for Universal Sports? I tried going to their website and got event listings but no times. Thanks :)

icedancer2
01-21-2010, 08:44 PM
No but here is the thread from FSU. I am sure it is correct as these are very serious skating fans on this board:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70789

Isk8NYC
01-21-2010, 09:00 PM
NBC Universal was caught off-guard. Usually, just one or two of the big names skate in the early flights, so the networks just record them and play those skaters' programs during their live broadcast of the last two groups. (Usually during an ice cut)

That didn't work out so well this year. When the Championship Ladies Short Program picks were chosen, a big name ended up in pretty much every group. The network chose to pre-empt existing programming to show all the skaters for a change.

I really think Universal Sports is also listening to the fans since they've gone out of their way to post information and schedule changes. They're reading the boards and responding to the fans opinions.

A lot of people have been watching icenetwork's live full coverage. Since they own the TV rights to broadcast what they want, NBC Universal might be testing to see how many people will watch their network tonight.

I know a few places to find out ratings info; if they provide the ratings for tonight's broadcast, I'll post it here.

Thanks for the update, icedancer2.

(The Universal Sports live coverage of Ladies SP tonight starts at 10:30pm ET, as Schmeck pointed out in another thread. ;) )

icedancer2
01-21-2010, 10:59 PM
It's on right now!!