View Full Version : Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular - Hallmark - February 1, 2010

Isk8NYC
01-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Didn't think they were still doing this show...

SKATING & GYMNASTICS SPECTACULAR
US Cable Television Premiere
Monday, February 1 (6p.m. ET/PT, 5C)
With the world stage preparing for the start of the 2010 Winter Olympics less than two weeks away, the best of both Olympic worlds are set to collide when Olympic Champions Peggy Fleming (skating) and Bart Conner and Nadia Comaneci (gymnastics) host the two-hour US Cable Television Premiere of “Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular,” Monday, February 1 (6p.m. ET/PT, 6C). Pop superstar Ashley Tisdale and her band will perform her latest hits live as past Winter Olympians and contenders for the upcoming 2010 Vancouver Winter Games including Elvis Stojko, Todd Eldredge and Emily Hughes join top gymnasts from the 2008 Summer Olympics, including Shawn Johnson, Nastia Liukin and others as they celebrate the Olympic spirit!

sk8ergalgal
01-10-2010, 05:52 PM
I just watched this today on NBC 4-6pmEST. It wasnt too bad.. Wish Shawn and Nastia had done a bit more in their numbers.. If you have satellite I am sure you can find it on a later time zone.

Nicki
01-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Didn't think they were still doing this show...

This actually aired today on N.B.C.

Isk8NYC
01-10-2010, 06:21 PM
I turned on the TV and saw that it was on! My DVR isn't set up right - it hasn't been recording skating. I'll have to delete and add a new search. The kids were watching Phineus and Ferb all day long, so I used our old TV just to see what was on. I stopped at NBC and was THRILLED to find that I also have Universal Sports over the broadcast airwaves. BONUS!

I think the gymnastics guys were having a good time performing to music. They looked like they were enjoying themselves.
Raj Bhavsar rules!

Stojko's routine (not the music, just the choreography) looked very familiar to me.
Michael Weiss' was good, but I haven't seen him skate in a while.

I thought Sylvia's hip-hop number was odd - A lot of posing and vogueing, not so much skating. Her jumps looked great, but so much stalling in between. I guess it's artistry, right?

It's smart to re-air these programs on a cable station. I didn't know NBC and Hallmark shared resources this way. Or maybe it was the production company's doing...maybe they sell the broadcast and cable rights separately.

In either case, those who missed this get a second chance on 2/1/10

Skate@Delaware
01-11-2010, 08:32 PM
I thought it was very good-it was really nice how they had the equipment out a bit so the skaters could skate around it!

Sylvia's number was nice...just different for her but her jumps were so much better than they normally are-her thighs were awesome! I think she has been working out more!

It was nice. I'm going to watch it again when it comes back on!!!

sk8joyful
01-12-2010, 03:31 AM
Every time someone posts these TV-events I drool -
as we don't have anything hooked up :frus: - Are there stores?
where one can watch these wonderful programs, I wonder...

Isk8NYC
02-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Next showings:

Sunday 2/7 1am - Hallmark Channel