View Full Version : Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular - 1/1/2010 NBC 4-6pm

Musselman's
12-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi, everyone!

The Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular is airing on January 1st on NBC (4-6 pm EST). Hope you'll tune in! During the show, Musselman's will officially announce our efforts in January to help the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Check out this video of Peggy Fleming discussing the promotion and her experience with the disease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwjd7MCjj-Q

Thanks,

Krista on behalf of Musselman's

Isk8NYC
12-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up - I set it up to record on the DVR!

Petlover
12-30-2009, 01:39 PM
I am really looking forward to watching it! My DH nicknamed Brian Boitano "the machine" because his skating and edges are always sooooooo perfect.

Samskate
12-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Did anyone else catch him on the Today Show today? He is looking good!

jazzpants
12-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Did anyone else catch him on the Today Show today? He is looking good!

In case anyone misses him on the Today show:

http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2009/12/watch-brian-boitanos-skating-spectacular-on-new-years-day-.html

I unfortunately have to miss the Skating Spectacular on TV b/c I will be out skating at my meetup in Hackensack with a bunch of my fellow skatingforums skaters and my in-laws do NOT have recording DVD's or VCR's. :( Hope they replay it on TV again so I do get to watch it, considering that I have seen him in practice for at least ONE of the Chicago programs in person!!! 8-)

Isk8NYC
01-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I watched part of the show, just for a few minutes since I was at someone else's house. (Someone else watched the entire NHL game before me, so no one even noticed I was missing, lol.)

The girls said that the announcer reported that Brian Boitano wasn't going to skate or do jumps because of his injured knee. I thought Jazz saw him practicing at Sky Rink - was the BBSS live or recorded?

Samskate
01-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I watched the entire show (I'm fairly sure a half hour was cut out of it due to the stupid hockey game in Boston) and Brian himself actually announced he wasn't able to jump on doctor's orders. However, I did see him skate the opening, closing and one number with no jumps. He did, however, do one jump (double axel I think) on the Today show on Thursday (I think) of last week. I believe the spectacular was recorded and the Today show was live.

jazzpants
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
First thing: BBSS was pre-recorded in mid Dec (http://www.prolebrity.com/brian-boitano-skating-spectacular-2009/). Yes, he is injured about 3 months ago (knee problems) and couldn't jump. Then again, as you saw on the Today show link I posted, he did do a dbl axel. I did NOT see him jump during practice at Sky Rink when I was there with him though. Then again, I had a lesson, so I had to keep focus on my coach and my crappy skating. :P :lol:

Musselman's
01-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Glad those of you who caught the show enjoyed it! If you missed it, the Hallmark channel is replaying it on 1/25 at 6 pm EST and on 1/31 at 1 am EST. Enjoy!