View Full Version : Relationships at the Rink.

FSWer
11-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Ok fellow Skaters. This idea for a thread came to me today. So I'd thought I'd post it. So todays question is....what kind of relationships have you made at your Rink? If your relationship is too personal you a free not to post it. But if you have just possibly made friends and want to tell,please feel free to tell us. For example...I must say that as a Skater. I connected very,very well with the people at my Rink. Without mentioning names,people have helped me out on the ice during a Public skate....and I have become very good friends with the people in the Lobby. What about all of you skaters?

Mrs Redboots
11-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Lots and lots of great friends over the years, not only at my rink, but also throughout the world!

As with any hobby you do seriously, it's the friends that make it even more worthwhile than it already was!

kayskate
11-27-2009, 08:25 AM
I've made so many friends at rinks over the yrs. Many ppl w inspirational stories too. One woman was coming back to skating after cancer. Another married a man she met in a rink.

Kay

dance2sk8
11-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I started skating at DSC in late January and have felt so much joy in what I have found. I feel like I belong to a family. Its insane how "at home" I am. I joined the Web Development committee recently and am turned to for several other tasks which I do enjoy. :lol:

I've also grown close with several of the younger skaters ranging from juvenile to senior national level competitors. I am truly blessed to be involved there and to witness the amazing abilities these kids have. The children have also helped me with my skating and motivate me to continue to work on my MITF and Jumping. I can't put into words how I feel about the relationships that have bloomed. :bow:

FSWer
11-27-2009, 02:07 PM
I've made so many friends at rinks over the yrs. Many ppl w inspirational stories too. One woman was coming back to skating after cancer. Another married a man she met in a rink.

Kay

BTW. Kay. What does PPI mean?

FSWer
11-27-2009, 02:10 PM
I started skating at DSC in late January and have felt so much joy in what I have found. I feel like I belong to a family. Its insane how "at home" I am. I joined the Web Development committee recently and am turned to for several other tasks which I do enjoy. :lol:

I've also grown close with several of the younger skaters ranging from juvenile to senior national level competitors. I am truly blessed to be involved there and to witness the amazing abilities these kids have. The children have also helped me with my skating and motivate me to continue to work on my MITF and Jumping. I can't put into words how I feel about the relationships that have bloomed. :bow:

I concur with you too Dance2sk8!! I DO indeed feel like also part of a Family of Skaters!!

Clarice
11-27-2009, 04:17 PM
BTW. Kay. What does PPI mean?

It's PPL, in lower case letters. It's shorthand for the word "people".

My daughter and I have made many, many friends at the rink over the years. I'd say most of our best friends are there.

PinkLaces
11-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Both my DD and I have made many friends as well.

Funny story: came into the rink on a Friday and waved hello to one of the girls that gives out the lockerroom keys to the hockey teams. She waves me over and then starts rifling through a stack of envelopes. Since we are there 4-5 days/week, she assumed I worked there and was trying to give me a paycheck. ;)

blue111moon
11-30-2009, 08:01 AM
I've made a lot of good friends through skating over the years. There are several that I spend a lot of time with on and off the ice and a few who no longer skate that I still maintain relationships with.

But it's like every other activity - the fact that you all like the same thing doesn't mean you'll all like each other. I think skating's allowed me to meet a wider group of people than I would have if I hadn't gotten - and stayed -involved in it.