View Full Version : Does anyone remember this Pairs Team?

FSWer
11-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Say,does anyone remember these two? Ashley and Raymond (I'm not sure of their last names). There retired now. But skated Pairs at 11 and 12 years old. They weren't famous. But they did have a site which might (or might not) be down. I'm not sure what level they were. Or for how long they skated Pairs. But if anyone remembers them...does anyone know were they are now? Just have been wondering.

Kati
11-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Say,does anyone remember these two? Ashley and Raymond (I'm not sure of their last names). There retired now. But skated Pairs at 11 and 12 years old. They weren't famous. But they did have a site which might (or might not) be down. I'm not sure what level they were. Or for how long they skated Pairs. But if anyone remembers them...does anyone know were they are now? Just have been wondering.

Ashley Zielke - Raymond Schultz (Canada)? Raymond is skating with another partner now, he's 19.

FSWer
11-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Ashley Zielke - Raymond Schultz (Canada)? Raymond is skating with another partner now, he's 19.

That would be them. Who's he skating with now? What about Ashley? What's she doing now,and how old is she? Does she still skate? Anyone have a link to any resent website for either Ashley or Raymond,or both? Does he also have a site with his new Partner? BTW. anyone happen to know when and why they split?

Clarice
11-16-2009, 07:49 AM
FSWer, I think you're starting to get a little too personal again. It's not anybody's business why teams split up, especially when they're children, as these two skaters were when they were a team. (BTW, if they were 11 and 12 when they were a team, and Raymond is 19 now, that means Ashley is about 18 now.)

FSWer
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
That is all true. Although not all Teams keep their reasons for a split private. For example. When Kati and Garrett split if I remember right they did indeed say why they were spliting and what was happening with them. So I wouldn't be surprised if some of Ashley and Raymonds Fans do know about them. But you are right. If they NEVER gave out info. Then it is indeed personal. But how do we all know without asking.

sk8rdad59
11-18-2009, 08:04 AM
If you google their names you will find a article done about Raymond and Maddison Bird that mentions his partnership with Ashley. Raymond indicates that she got too big to continue in pairs. Since they were partners when she was 11 or 12 this is not an unusual occurance.

I also recently noted that Raymond has posted his bio on icepartnersearch.com so it appears that his partnership with Maddison is ending.

FSWer
11-18-2009, 09:55 AM
If you google their names you will find a article done about Raymond and Maddison Bird that mentions his partnership with Ashley. Raymond indicates that she got too big to continue in pairs. Since they were partners when she was 11 or 12 this is not an unusual occurance.

I also recently noted that Raymond has posted his bio on icepartnersearch.com so it appears that his partnership with Maddison is ending.

Can someone explain how being 11 and 12 factor in? BTW. is it possible for partners that young to stay sized up for Pairs? What's Ashley doing now?

sk8rdad59
11-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Can someone explain how being 11 and 12 factor in? BTW. is it possible for partners that young to stay sized up for Pairs? What's Ashley doing now?

At that age the kids do not typically have their full growth, depending on the growth rates of both partners they may become unevenly matched in size which can make lifts very dangerous to both partners. Additionally the girl may become too large pairs in general and may decide to pursue other avenues in figure skating.