View Full Version : People outside Canada can see some Battle of the Blades

Query
11-04-2009, 08:09 PM
I think unless you are smart enough to set up a proxy or VPN connection (I'm not that bright), you need to be in Canada to see CBC's Battle of the Blades Ice Dance televised contests.

But at http://www.cbc.ca/battle, there are some videos the rest of us can see anyway, including at least one episode.

Neat. Some of the hockey guys are all around good athletes, who really can dance. Possibly not world class, but pretty impressive.

I wish a U.S. network would pick up this show, starting at the start. Or that CBC would let us see the rest of the episodes, without playing fancy Internet games.

Nicki
11-04-2009, 11:22 PM
You don't need to be in Canada to watch "Battle of The Blades". You just need to be able to get CBC. I live in Washington State, and we get CBC from their Vancouver affiliate here. I have really been enjoying this show. Its fun to see the progression of the hockey players from week to week.

Artemis
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Glad you were able to see at least some of it, Query. Which episode could you access from the website?

I've been really impressed since day 1 with these guys, and it's been great to watch the progression in their skills from the beginning.

If they make the series available on DVD I just might buy it, depending on the price.

Query
11-06-2009, 02:51 PM
They had episode 5 on the web.

I don't see the episodes on Youtube. I guess CBC has been careful to look for and complain about copyright violation when people post it. Meanies.

I guess it was a given that a lot of pro hockey players would be strong enough to lift dance partners. They aren't the same crowd as your average adult beginner, and learned a lot faster than most of us would.