View Full Version : Skating in the Outer Banks of NC

sexyskates
11-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I will be vacationing with hubby next week on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Of course, I don't want to be off ice for a whole 9 days, so I saw there was a rink at a winery near the northern end of the barrier islands. Does anyone have any experience or info on the area. I'm really hoping for some freestyle.

NCSkater02
11-03-2009, 02:48 PM
There is a rink in Greenville and one in Wilmington. I don't know of any others off the top of my head. You might look in the southern VA area also.

rlichtefeld
11-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Try looking here for links to all the NC rinks:

http://www.arenamaps.com/arenas/NorthCarolina.htm

Rob

Terri C
11-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I will be vacationing with hubby next week on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Of course, I don't want to be off ice for a whole 9 days, so I saw there was a rink at a winery near the northern end of the barrier islands. Does anyone have any experience or info on the area. I'm really hoping for some freestyle.

Sexyskates,
That rink you mentioned is a seasonal rink and I don't know if it has opened yet.
The closest rink in southern VA to OBX is Chilled Ponds in Chesapeake (www.chilledponds.com) They have a nice morning public (9am-1:20pm) that I take my lessons on now. However, Chesapeake schools are out next Tuesday and Wednesday, so I won't be skating there until Thursday.

sexyskates
11-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks Rob and TerriC. I will check around, although I think most of those rinks will be too far from my hotel. I may have to just work on my off ice exercises.