View Full Version : What blades & Why ..........

Andy
10-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Hi All
Started doing more free as I usualy do dance, my boots are LS 1310 with Wilson Coranation dance blades I have started to do more free but still want to carry on with the dance any suggestions with a new blade:giveup: ? and why,
all posts appreciated

Andy

Clarice
10-24-2009, 07:10 AM
I'd only done free for over 10 years, and switched mostly to dance about a year ago. My latest blades are Ultima synchro blades, and they've been working out very well. They have a short heel like dance blades, but bigger toe picks than dance blades (although not nearly as big as my freestyle blades were). I've heard you can do double jumps on them, but I only do singles anyway, so they're plenty enough for me. My dance coach says they're fine for my level (Pre-Bronze, working on Bronze dances). And they have the added advantage of being significantly less expensive than my former freestyle blades.

herniated
10-24-2009, 09:56 AM
I am going to change my blades to Wilson precision which are also much less expensive than my current Pattern 99's. I am doing dance only now and the Wilson precision has the same rocker as the Pattern99. My coach also feels that the precision blade is fine for me.

I also did research on Wilson's website that the Super Dance is close to the Pattern99 and the Precision blade is a very 'close relation' to the Super Dance. Super Dance though is just as much money as the Pattern99. Make sense? lol

icedancer2
10-24-2009, 10:50 AM
I have a pair of Super Dance 99 size 10 1/4 that I would be willing to let someone try out before purchasing.

They are like a Pattern 99 stanchion with pretty good picks - I could do a little freestyle in them (I switched to dance 20 years ago...) -

I would love to try the Ultima Syncho sometime...

herniated
10-24-2009, 01:58 PM
My blades are size 9 1/4 otherwise I would try them. What are you wearing now btw?

icedancer2
10-24-2009, 07:14 PM
My blades are size 9 1/4 otherwise I would try them. What are you wearing now btw?

MK Dance. It's my second pair but I've been feeling off-balance in them lately - want to try the Synchro blade.

The Super-Dance 99 has a GREAT run but is super-short - they were fine for dance but I was having trouble doing figures in them (I know, I know...) and could do the BI3 easier in the MKs - other than that I would probably put the Super-Dance 99 back on because they seem more stable to me than the MK - at least in retrospect.

herniated
10-25-2009, 04:23 PM
icedancer...you had mentioned in a previous post that the super dance has a similar stanchion as the Pattern 99. Not quite sure what a stanchion is?

mdvask8r
10-25-2009, 05:50 PM
The stanchions are the posts connecting the runner to the mounting plate. Pattern 99 stanchions are a bit shorter than most blades. Found this out when I tried to install those blade lights on my Pattern 99s -- could not make them fit :(

Andy
10-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks Everyone :bow:

Any more all wellcome

Andy

herniated
10-27-2009, 06:31 PM
The stanchions are the posts connecting the runner to the mounting plate. Pattern 99 stanchions are a bit shorter than most blades. Found this out when I tried to install those blade lights on my Pattern 99s -- could not make them fit :(

Thanks, I figured it out eventually but all this helps in my decision to go with the Wilson Precision. Same stanchion, similar in many aspects to the Pattern 99 = easier to little break in time. Other than the shorter heel of course.