View Full Version : Battle of the Blades after week 3 - spoilers

Artemis
10-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Well I must say I continue to be blown away by how well these guys have adapted to figure skating and how seriously they're taking it.

I was sad to see Barb Underhill & Ron Dugay get the boot last night, but I think it was probably the right decision. They started off the first night really strong, but since then they haven't improved their game the way the other teams have. I was surprised that Jodine Higgins & Ken Daneyko didn't end up in the skate-off last night, though, considering he actually dropped her on Sunday night. At least it wasn't while she was upside-down!

If I were a betting person I think I'd put my money on Shae-Lynn Bourne & Claude Lemieux -- their Assassin's Tango was incredible. But Jamie Sale & Craig Simpson have really improved since week 1 and are hot on their trail. Plus since it's audience vote, there's a certain popularity contest element to the whole thing so that's hard to nail down.

And I had a great idea: since Shae is currently skating solo, how about they add Claude to the Stars on Ice lineup to skate a couple of numbers with her? How cool would that be?

(BTW, I just checked YouTube and they don't have any week 3 stuff up yet, but maybe in a day or two. Apparently the CBC site is geoblocked for non-Canadians.)

wasamb
10-21-2009, 07:57 AM
I was sad that Underhill/Duguay were eliminated too, they were so great in week one, and was also was surprised that Higgins/Danyeko weren't in the bottom two. H&D were the weakest to me, but on the other hand, I find myself glad they weren't eliminated because they seem to be trying hard. It will be interesting to see if Danyeko can improve his skating enough to compete with the others because even though I have a soft spot for the underdogs, I couldn't see it justified that they would beat Bourne/Lemiuex or Sale/Simpson. It was nice that Dubreuil/Richer weren't in the bottom two for a change since they have really improved.

I am also surprised that the hockey players have improved so quickly - I'm sitting there enjoying the presentation as often as I am laughing already in week 3.

wasamb
11-10-2009, 09:43 AM
How about Claude Lemieux singing the vocals this week? Talk about multi-dimensional!

Nicki
11-11-2009, 01:34 AM
How about Claude Lemieux singing the vocals this week? Talk about multi-dimensional!

I was very impressed by that. He did a great job, and it showed that this is a competitive team that is in it to win it. I also loved the connection between Claude and Shae-Lynn during their skate.