View Full Version : Partner in Training

Isk8NYC
10-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I received this development email from US Figure Skating:

We are pleased to offer you a unique opportunity to support the U.S. Figure Skating athletes who will be representing the United States at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver. Join our Destination Vancouver campaign by becoming a Partner in Training with a monthly gift of $20.10 through February 2010.

Your financial support will provide assistance to the U.S. Figure Skating Team heading to the 2010 Olympic Winter Games, which will be announced in Spokane, Washington following the 2010 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships.

When you join Destination Vancouver by becoming a Partner in Training, you not only help the U.S. Figure Skating Team during its weeks of intense training in preparation for the 2010 Winter Games, but you also receive VIP benefits not available to the public, including invitations to events with team members and alumni!

Be a part of the team behind the team by saying YES to Destination Vancouver and becoming a Partner in Training! Your support will have a direct impact on our athletes as they prepare to represent the United States and U.S. Figure Skating at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games!

Sincerely,

Pat St. Peter David Raith
Patricia St. Peter David Raith
President Executive Director
U.S. Figure Skating U.S. Figure Skating
Join Today!

It's easy to become a Partner in Training! Simply say "Yes" and commit to a monthly gift of $20.10 (through recurring monthly charges via credit or debit card for five months or through a one-time gift of $100.50).

Join Destination Vancouver, and become a Partner in Training today!
Exclusive Partner Benefits

When you join the Destination Vancouver campaign by becoming a Partner in Training, you will receive VIP access and benefits including but not limited to:
Monthly Destination Vancouver e-mail newsletters where you will get to know the athletes on a personal level, "insider" news, training updates, dates and locations of upcoming special events held throughout the country, and more
Call-in access codes to participate in monthly live phone sessions with athletes complete with Q&A sessions
Commemorative "Team Wristband" featuring USA five-ring logo and U.S. Figure Skating logo
Limited edition, collectible Destination Vancouver pin
Recognition in SKATING magazine, on the U.S. Figure Skating web site and in the U.S. Figure Skating annual "Honor Roll of Donors"
Invitations to special Pre-Olympic Send-off and any Post-Olympic celebrations just for VIPs
The opportunity to win exclusive U.S. Figure Skating merchandise monthly
A commemorative Destination Vancouver photo of the U.S. Figure Skating athletes representing our sport at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games
Become a Partner in Training today with your monthly gift of $20.10 and enjoy exclusive VIP benefits!

Facts and Figures

Every gift makes a difference!

A gift of $20 can sharpen a pair of blades or provide one session on the ice
A gift of $100 can provide an hour of practice with a qualified coach
A gift of $200 can provide a week's worth of ice time
A gift of $500 can provide a week's worth of lessons (ice time and choreography)
A gift of $1,000 can provide a new pair of boots and blades
When it comes to competing at the elite level, short and free skate programs can run into the thousands. Your generous support through Destination Vancouver as a Partner in Training allows U.S. Figure Skating to provide financial support to our athletes.
Every gift makes a difference. When combined with gifts from other generous friends who choose to join Destination Vancouver as a Partner in Training, your gift will be used to help offset the increased expenses incurred by the U.S. Figure Skating Team as they train and prepare to travel to Vancouver where they will represent the United States at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games, Feb. 12-28.

These next few months are going to be some of the most important and memorable in the lives of our athletes. Your support as a Partner in Training will allow the 2010 U.S. Figure Skating Team to stay focused on the goal...

Destination Vancouver!

It's Never Been Easier To Support
U.S. Figure Skating!
Don't wait!

Join the team behind the team!

Become a Partner in Training and the Destination Vancouver campaign. Support U.S. Figure Skating's athletes as they train and compete for our sport and our country at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games with your monthly gift of $20.10!

Join Destination Vancouver today as a Partner in Training and receive the inside scoop, limited-edition, collectible merchandise, VIP recognition and invitations to special Destination Vancouver events as well as the opportunity to win special prizes monthly through February 2010!

Say YES! Become a Partner in Training today.

Isk8NYC
10-16-2009, 12:01 PM
The message was a little too long for my taste and way over my budget. (I'm so cheap, I'm still holding out false hope for an IceNetwork discount, lol.)

I know that skates cost $1,000 (or more) per pair and that a great sharpening is well worth $20. It would be different if I was a true fan who followed a particular skater or team. Then I'd want to support him/her directly, rather than contributing to some general fund and hoping my favorite gets his/her fair share.

A huge skating fan could certainly find the "fan club" benefits to their liking for that amount. (5 months @ $20.10/month)

flo
10-16-2009, 12:58 PM
I think everyone understands the cost of skating. For me, I'd rather donate to someone who is not on the Olympic/National team and in need. Once you are on the team there is assistance from many sources.

Terri C
10-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Makes me wonder- what about the skaters at the beginning levels?? That is what would give USFS more $$$!