View Full Version : Battle of the Blades - skating reality show

Artemis
08-18-2009, 12:34 PM
CBC will be airing this show in the fall. The premise: top female pair & dance skaters join with hockey players to turn them into pairs skaters. Sound familiar? :roll: (* toe pick *)

The women's side will include Jamie Salé, Shae-Lynn Bourne, Barbara Underhill, Isabelle Brasseur, Marie-France Dubreuil, Christine Hough-Sweeney, Jodeyne Higgins, and Kristina Lenko . The hockey players will include Sean Burke, Ken Daneyko, Ron Duguay, Glenn Anderson, Tie Domi, Bob Probert, Craig Simpson and Stéphane Richer.

It sounds like a recipe for cheeze ... but I have to admit that I'll probably tune in anyway. If for no other reason than to see Christine Hough -- she was always a favourite of mine.

More info here: http://www.cbc.ca/battle/

AgnesNitt
08-18-2009, 03:20 PM
I'd watch this, cheesy or not.
Now if they could just pair top male pair skater with Canda's top ringette player that would be interesting.

wasamb
08-19-2009, 04:04 PM
I think this could be fun, and would love to see Tie Domi as a figure skater!

dbny
08-19-2009, 05:03 PM
I predict they are going to be very good, very fast. How can I see this in the US?

AgnesNitt
08-19-2009, 05:58 PM
As an aside, it will be interesting to see Shae Lynn Bourne jump.

Artemis
08-19-2009, 06:07 PM
How can I see this in the US?

You can check the web site once it starts to air. CBC usually posts their original content for online viewing. I just don't know if it will be geoblocked.

Peter G
08-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Anyone know when the first episode will air?

Artemis
09-02-2009, 04:15 PM
First show is Sunday Oct 4. It looks like it will be Sunday & Monday nights -- if they're following the same format they did for "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria," viewers phone in their votes on Sunday, and then the Monday will be a competition between the bottom two pairs to see who gets booted off the rink.

wasamb
09-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Imagine if you could do this for real competitions...:twisted:

Artemis
09-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Imagine if you could do this for real competitions...:twisted:

Well ... I seem to remember at least one pro competition a few years back that was decided by audience vote. Of course I'm hesitant to call that a "real competition" ;)