View Full Version : Small milestone! DD (8) passed her Pre-Pre FS test this week

momof3chicks
08-14-2009, 12:15 PM
not that we had any doubt but the situation was odd. She was signing up for a competition, but unlike most, it said NO skating up- you HAD to skate exactly your level. Well, dd has gotten her axel in the last month and just started competing with it so we were not in a rush, but now we were.

Luckily her coach knows the test judge who does alot of our testing at the club and she agreed to come test her that day- LOL. She had to retry her 1/2 lutz as she forgot and launched herself into a full lutz and then tried to fix it LOL. I guess that happens alot.

Otherwise, she did very well on it.

She is getting ready to test Pre-Juv MIF and is getting a bit tense as her friend (who is 2 years older) has failed 2x. I feel for her!!

isakswings
08-14-2009, 04:51 PM
not that we had any doubt but the situation was odd. She was signing up for a competition, but unlike most, it said NO skating up- you HAD to skate exactly your level. Well, dd has gotten her axel in the last month and just started competing with it so we were not in a rush, but now we were.

Luckily her coach knows the test judge who does alot of our testing at the club and she agreed to come test her that day- LOL. She had to retry her 1/2 lutz as she forgot and launched herself into a full lutz and then tried to fix it LOL. I guess that happens alot.

Otherwise, she did very well on it.

She is getting ready to test Pre-Juv MIF and is getting a bit tense as her friend (who is 2 years older) has failed 2x. I feel for her!!

Good job!!!

PinkLaces
08-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Congrats to your DD! My DD was in the same situation last year. Had to take the PPF, because there was no skating up at that particular competition. Luckily, there was a test session 4 days before the form was due.

FigureSk8Dad
08-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Congratulations to her! :)

londonicechamp
08-18-2009, 01:23 AM
Congrats to your daughter, momof3chicks

londonicechamp