View Full Version : A reminder to all about our Figure Skating Website

FSWer
08-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Just a reminder to all,and to those who are new. My friend Jorge and I have a site for Figure Skating at..http://www.angelfire.com/ct/skater1967
We sure hope you all will stop by to brouse around and sign our Guestbook. We are also open to suggestions on what you would like to see on it. We will continue to upgrade it,and we want to make it the best for you all!!!

caffn8me
08-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I've just had a look but couldn't navigate very far because I'm allergic to unexpected autostart music on web pages (please think of people visiting from ther work computer in their lunch break) - and there wasn't an off button for the music either, which makes it worse.

I'll have a look again when I've disabled music.

Sarah

FSWer
08-13-2009, 06:43 PM
I've just had a look but couldn't navigate very far because I'm allergic to unexpected autostart music on web pages (please think of people visiting from ther work computer in their lunch break) - and there wasn't an off button for the music either, which makes it worse.

I'll have a look again when I've disabled music.

Sarah

I'll let my friend know about that. Could you please explain what you mean about the music. I'm confused

caffn8me
08-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I'll let my friend know about that. Could you please explain what you mean about the music. I'm confusedThe music plays automatically when you visit the web page. You get no choice. You can't press a button to stop it either. Not everyone likes to go to websites that play music unexpectedly - especially if it can't be stopped (OK, there are ways to stop it but they're not something a technologically challenged PC user would know how to do).

People visit the site because they're interested in skating - that doesn't mean they have the same taste in music as the site producer.

Does that make sense now?

Sarah

FSWer
08-13-2009, 07:15 PM
The music plays automatically when you visit the web page. You get no choice. You can't press a button to stop it either. Not everyone likes to go to websites that play music unexpectedly - especially if it can't be stopped (OK, there are ways to stop it but they're not something a technologically challenged PC user would know how to do).

People visit the site because they're interested in skating - that doesn't mean they have the same taste in music as the site producer.

Does that make sense now?

Sarah

AWWWWWW,so your suggesting therte be a botton for people to choose their music....Not a bad idea Sarah. You yourself have good taste.

caffn8me
08-13-2009, 07:26 PM
AWWWWWW,so your suggesting therte be a botton for people to choose their music....Not a bad idea Sarah. You yourself have good taste.Possibly a button to choose music, definitely a button that allows people not to have music and probably a website that doesn't have music that starts automatically :)

It can be pretty embarrassing in an office environment to come across a website and suddenly find music blaring out of speakers loudly. I know this. It's happened to me! You might expect music to blare out if you visit a musician's website but you don't really expect it on a figure skating site.

Apart from the music, it's a nice site, thanks! Keep up the good work,

Sarah

FSWer
08-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Possibly a button to choose music, definitely a button that allows people not to have music and probably a website that doesn't have music that starts automatically :)

It can be pretty embarrassing in an office environment to come across a website and suddenly find music blaring out of speakers loudly. I know this. It's happened to me! You might expect music to blare out if you visit a musician's website but you don't really expect it on a figure skating site.

Apart from the music, it's a nice site, thanks! Keep up the good work,

Sarah

Ok Sarah. Could you please a little more about how the audio effects you? As I don't understand about that. Are you saying there should be time in the download to choose music? Also another thing is if we make it wait too long we can loose music. Also it would depend if it can be done. As my friend does the music. So I don't know if he is compatable or not. We'll take it into concideration.

winziped
08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Sarah i am Jorge i've read the critics and i wish say to you thanks you for your feedback , about the music has right , we will disable the music because i noticed problems of compatibilty with Mozilla Firefox and also is true that

Our idea is do a good website and that the visit be a good experience and any feedback or opinion about our website is welcome

caffn8me
08-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Ok Sarah. Could you please a little more about how the audio effects you? As I don't understand about that. Are you saying there should be time in the download to choose music? Also another thing is if we make it wait too long we can loose music. Also it would depend if it can be done. As my friend does the music. So I don't know if he is compatable or not. We'll take it into concideration.I'm suggesting that not all people want music on websites. I would like not to have to listen to music when I visit your site but you don't give me the choice. I don't think the music adds anything useful to your figure skating site. The music starts playing automatically whether I like it or not. I can't press a button to stop it. If you were to visit your own website and decided you didn't want to listen to music on that particular visit, how would you stop it?

As I am already listening (and wish to continue listening) to Classic FM Radio (http://www.classicfm.com) online (I sometimes listen to NPR (http://www.npr.org) on my computer too), I can't just turn the volume on my PC down as it stops the music I want to listen to as well.

Please give visitors to your site a choice of whether they want to listen to music or not. It shouldn't be difficult to change the site to do that.

Thanks,

Sarah

caffn8me
08-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Sarah i am Jorge i've read the critics and i wish say to you thanks you for your feedback , about the music has right , we will disable the music because i noticed problems of compatibilty with Mozilla Firefox and also is true that

Our idea is do a good website and that the visit be a good experience and any feedback or opinion about our website is welcomeThanks Jorge. I use Mozilla Firefox and although the music plays perfectly, I wish it didn't :)

Good luck with further development of your site,

Thanks,

Sarah

FSWer
08-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi,it's Dana again friends. Jorge has disabled the music on our site for you all. However,as far as compatibility goes. If anyone can suggest to us a site were we can get music that we can use that won't freeze our site or anything. It would be appreciated. Also what would you guys say to a sound on/off botton?