View Full Version : A question about Synchronized Skating.

FSWer
06-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Say,this question came to me overnight. But I was just wondering..does anyone know if when a Synchronized Skating Team takes on new members if the skaters nessacerlly (sorry,I know that's spelled wrong) have to be from that country. Or can an American skater be interchangable (if you'ld use it like that) with a forin Team? For example. If a American Synchronized Skater from let's say The Haydenettes wanted to find a Team fitting their age. After they left the Team. OR if a brand new Skater WAS looking for a Team Would they have to find a Team in the US. Or could they be excepted by a Team such as let's say....Team Surprise. I was also always wondering about that. Does anyone know the answer? Thanks.

Schmeck
07-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Since you have to pass MITF tests to skate on certain synchro levels here in the US, no one can really just come to this country, try out for a team, and skate with them. They'd have to test as well, and become members of USFSA. Then they could compete - but I'm not sure how that is handled internationally. For the Olympics (which does not include synchro yet :cry: ) you have to be a citizen of the country that you represent.

FSWer
07-24-2009, 04:01 PM
What about if an American Skater went to Sweden to be on Team Surprise?

Schmeck
07-24-2009, 06:51 PM
That skater would have to contact the governing council for that country - Sweden - and see what the requirements would be.