View Full Version : What are you most looking forward to seeing next season?

Mayra
05-04-2002, 07:09 PM
Next season is going to be interesting with the new guns coming up and some "oldies" staying. :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing Canada's cutie Jeff Buttle come up in the ranks and hopefully doing well in his GP events.

The new U.S ice dance teams of S&F and N&G as well as seeing the new FD and OD's for B&A, L&T and G&P! And of course the wonderful world of ice dance is never boring and almost always annoying! ;)

Sasha Cohen's new programs from what she said in an interview are probably going to rock! Maybe a quad sal?
8)

Fumie Suguri is another I'm really looking forward to seeing. Is she competing next year?

Then of course there is Michelle Kwan and a new coach? I don't think she's done half of what she is capable of doing. Hopefully, if she does pick a new coach it will be someone to push her technically and artistically.

Pairs wise, I think the pushing technically of some pair elements is going to be something to watch. Quad throws and twists?

LOL, just realized I'm looking forward to seeing a lot. :lol:

Rachael
05-04-2002, 09:19 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Tim reclaim his National title and following that up with a win at Worlds (on home turf). I'm also looking forward to seeing who Michelle's new coach is......

Eighteen
05-05-2002, 10:21 AM
:D

Good judging!

Dustin
05-05-2002, 10:51 AM
Next season will be interesting. Will Sasha have the quad? Will Yoshie have a triple axel? Will Sarah clean her triples? Will Michelle have a completely consistent 3/3? Will Irina come back strong?

I can't wait to see Sasha's new program, hopefully more consistency and hopefully a somewhat consistent quad! ;)

Oracle
05-05-2002, 01:07 PM
:D
I look forward to following the careers of the younger skaters such as Johnny Weir, AP McDonough, Kalesavich & Parchem, the new US dance teams. I am hoping that skaters such as Eman, Ben Ferreira, Ryan Bradley can improve on their consistency & results.

Patrick Brunk
05-05-2002, 03:52 PM

loveskating
05-08-2002, 08:22 AM
I am sooo very much looking forward to seeing NEW skaters like Savoie and Wier, and I hope A.P. McDonough and others that I have not seen doing the same things for 10 years. It will be interesting to see Jenny after some time with Callaghan...I suspect her athleticism will improve qualitatively.

Its so fun to watch Tim's artistry develop...he is doing such a great job of mastering that aspect of his skating and icing on the cake is that he seems such a classy guy!

Of course, I'm very excited about Sasha's skating, she is my favorite lady skater! She ALWAYS knocks my socks off win, lose or draw because of the extremely high quality of all her elements and her musicality, then when everyting works for her its the most magical thing I've ever seen in skating...I feel a kind of total satisfaction, just smile more for a day or two, LOL!

I've loved watching Ina & Zimmerman develop, and admired them for their choices and for having the guts to continue to learn and grow...and they sure have, just stupendous and beautiful, not boring at all.

I'm looking forward to seeing K&Parchem develop...I think they are "natural" skaters. I hope they get more support because they have what it takes.

I can't wait to see Jamie Silverstein back on the ice...hope its this season, but if not, next.

I absolutely adore Lang & Tchernachev...they made me cry when I first saw their Carmen OD because every movement was perfection to the music and I hope they keep it for next season, as its a masterpiece, IMHO. I think they have achieved a very high level of skating (particularly the huge edge movements ... you don't see a bunch of cutsie little choppy poses from them, just pure skating at the highest level and total lack of hesitation, fully stretched out, flowing, ah), and now I'm looking forward to some high marks for them and I'm CERTAIN they will no longer make so many mistakes...I think, I hope, that now they know how great they are and they take that ice like they own it and dare the judges to mark them less than very, very high!

Can't wait to see what Plushenko comes up with...such a masterful skater its always a pleasure to see him skate.

I'm hoping Irina has not peaked, and surprises us with still more steller developments in her skating as she has every season since 2001...what a lot of fun to watch this adorable little jumping bean turn into such a great expressive artist on the ice! Her centering on ALL her turns at that speed on such deep edges last season just blew me away.

There's more but this post is too long.

Show 42
05-08-2002, 09:24 PM
I am looking forward to seeing all the competitors back, the ones who we have watched growing up and developing into supreme artists, and the new kids on the block as well. There is certainly a place for ALL in the sport of figure skating.

Miezekatze
05-09-2002, 05:11 AM
seeing what the skaters come up with that impressed me most last season, like Navka & Kostomarov, Chait & Sakhnovsky, Faiella & Scali, Fumie Suguri, Yoshie Onda, Pang & Tong, Zhang & Zhang, Sasha Cohen, Kevin van der Perren, Stephane Lambiel,... I'm also hoping to Emmanuel Sandhu back, are there any news on him?

aygltd2
05-10-2002, 01:33 PM
Sasha Cohen's Quad Sal!! :D Hopefully Irina will improve her spirals and sarah will correct her Flutz. Mayb Yoshie will b able to land a 3 axel consistently. Timmy's style will develop and he and Alexei and Evgeni will battle for the World title.

Patrick Brunk
05-10-2002, 01:39 PM

aygltd2
05-10-2002, 01:44 PM
Patrick-
Actually, Irina's spirals aren't that great. They're her weak spot. She's just not as flexible as some ppl (like Sasha Cohen) Hmmm....u can tell I'm a HUGE fan of hers.

loveskating
05-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Hello Patrick:

I think that Sarah and Jenny have really bad flutzes...its really a flip jump with them, and the whole technique from start to finish is wrong. Sasha has good technique but shifts to the wrong edge at the very last second...doesn't have much of a flutz at all...and soon it will be off the flat, like Kwan, which is the best Kwan can do on the lutz...off the flat is no deduction, so I'm told.

A.P. McDonaugh has a great lutz; Maria Butereskaya, for sure Viktoria Volchkova, and Vanessa Gusmeroli too.

Sarah has many great qualities in her skating, but the lutz is not one of them, sorry to say. I love the jumps, and next to the axel, the lutz is my favorite jump to see, so this is important to me personally...but its also the RULES that people are all supposed to be skating to.

hippiechick
05-24-2002, 05:01 PM
I'm most looking forward to seeing all the new dance teams in the US and their programs. Also can't wait to see what L&T come up with SHOULD they change coaches. 8)

cienicsk8
05-24-2002, 06:42 PM
Sasha Cohen for sure! Hoping for great things from Irina Slutskaya, Jenny Kirk, Angela Nikodinov, Johnny Weir, Tim Goebel, Sasha Abt, Alexei Yagudin and many many more:)

Josef
05-24-2002, 09:17 PM
I look forward to seeing Gregory & Petukhov's new material! They really impressed me this past season and I expect to see some great new things from them next year as they hit the international scene.

I'd also like to see skaters like Navka & Kostomarov, Denkova & Staviyski, Jeffrey Buttle, etc. to continue their climbing up the international ladder.. they all really impressed me this season also, and seem to be the "hot" skaters right now! :D

Xiaoxue
05-24-2002, 10:40 PM
1. I am most excited about ice dancing. After this past season, i think i've become an L/A fan. I really admire them for sticking to their dancing and training hard, even with her injury and the fact that a couple years ago they were dropped on their heads by the judges (even if it was deserving). They have demonstrated to me resilience, heart, and determination. Plus, i really liked some of their original moves in their FD. :wink:

2. I am so happy to find that B/K are staying in and it will be so exciting to watch them improve even more next season. :D :D :D

3. Pairs is always my fave, and with S/P gone, and maybe B/S, the field is quite open for many different possibilities. I hope my faves can move up the rankings next season. :?:

4. Now that King Elvis is gone, it will put a lot of pressure on the other Cdn. men to establish themselves. Wonder if this will be Emanuel's elusive "break-through season," internationally speaking. Will Jeffrey overtake some other men and vault himself onto the Worlds podium (!)?
:mrgreen:

adrianchew
05-24-2002, 10:42 PM
1. Sasha Cohen :oops:

2. Being at Worlds :D

3. Stars On Ice (with S&P, Todd, Yags) 8)

amethyst
05-24-2002, 11:45 PM
I'm most looking forward to seeing the new team of Silverstein/Forsyth! Regardless of where they place, I just want to see them skate.

Also anxious to see how Jenny does next season since she has a new coach. And looking forward to seeing what Michelle decides and who she ends up with for a coach.

The Pairs and Dance events ought to be very interesting now that many have turned pro.

TRAxel
05-25-2002, 01:15 AM
[b:8a46ff6f45][color=orange:8a46ff6f45]NEW PROGRAMS![/color:8a46ff6f45][size=18:8a46ff6f45][/size:8a46ff6f45][/b:8a46ff6f45]

[b:8a46ff6f45][color=darkblue:8a46ff6f45]That is what I look forward to the most before every season... what programs, what costumes?[/color:8a46ff6f45][/b:8a46ff6f45]

ruth01w
05-25-2002, 10:50 AM
[quote:fe93044ee3="TRAxel"][b:fe93044ee3][color=orange:fe93044ee3]NEW PROGRAMS![/color:fe93044ee3][size=18:fe93044ee3][/size:fe93044ee3][/b:fe93044ee3]

[b:fe93044ee3][color=darkblue:fe93044ee3]That is what I look forward to the most before every season... what programs, what costumes?[/color:fe93044ee3][/b:fe93044ee3][/quote:fe93044ee3]

So glad you mentioned this. I also look forward to seeing EVERYONE's new program and costumes. Not to mention guessing how many times a costume will be changed in the season! :lol:

Ruth

serpentine
05-25-2002, 11:07 AM
im also looking forward to new and hopefully consistently cleanly skated programs (whoa too many adverbs there! lol)--competitions are much more exciting when everyone skates well and the judges have to get real-hot under the collar trying to sort them out (unless they already have them figured out-- :wink: )

i hope all the ladies old and new push the envelope--would like to see more seniors go for triple axel attempts, and better choreography for the non-north american skaters--many have potential but not the right package to get them where they want to go!

canadian skater-wise: i cant wait to see what bourne and kraatz come up with as their 'hopefully' podium-topping final amateur programs! also cant wait to see the juniors (from all disciplines) who will move up to senior nationals this year!

Hannahclear
05-25-2002, 12:44 PM
i'm looking forward to seeing what Michelle comes up with and how she does, be it as a competitive skater, or taking a break, though I'm starting to get the feeling that she will be staying. I am also really looking forward to Sasha, hopefully it will be a break out season for her.

Tigger
05-25-2002, 02:25 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing...

The Men at Cdns. W/Elvis gone, a lot of guys are going to have to show they *can* step up to the plate and show all the promise out there isn't just talk. Really looking forward to seeing what Jeff Buttle and Ben Ferreia do. I think Ben moving to Barrie was the best thing he's done in a long time and if Doug Leigh can't help him get that quad, then....

Jen Robinson. Hey, I'm a fan and love her skating. I also think Jen sticking around for another year is not a bad thing. Neither for her or the girls coming up. I think it's a great thing all around for Cdn skating.

Shae and Victor and what they'll come up w/for next year. Same w/Marie-France and Patrice. I love both teams skating and they both bring different things to the world of Ice Dance.

US Ladies will be most interesting to watch this year. All kinds of twists and turns there.

The judging. Enough has been said about that, so...

Pairs. W/S&P and B&S either turning Pro or taking a break, this is going to be an interesting group to watch this year.

All the new programs, costumes and new teams.

And last, but not least...

Kurt's show in Hamilton in November. Two days after my birthday....I can't wait!! :D

That's it for now. Is it Fall yet!?! ;)

Cerulean
05-25-2002, 02:28 PM
I'm looking forward to whatever Sasha does, she is awesome, and is coming into her own in leaps and bounds.

Matt Savoie, I really like this guy!

Seeing how the Jr, Novice and Intermediate skaters that I follow do Nationally and internationally.

kara
05-25-2002, 04:46 PM
This is my first post and I want to thank Adrian for the forum. Paul and iskater are going to be verrry lonely.

I'm looking forward to...

~the new programs and beautiful skating of the ladies, esp. Angela, Fumie, and AP!

~seing what will happen with Michelle, Irina, Alexei, B&S, I&Z and their eligibility/events-competed-in

~Worlds 2003 in the USA

~SOI's exciting new cast

melanieuk
05-25-2002, 05:06 PM
[color=blue:f13f58cfd3]I want to see
* a [b:f13f58cfd3]British lady [/b:f13f58cfd3]skating at Euros/Worlds. :roll:
* Stephane Lambiel get 3axel. :lol:
* newcomers' and old timers' new programmes :wink:
* Viktoria Volchova achieving her true potential[/color:f13f58cfd3] :D

Dustin
05-25-2002, 05:14 PM
Another thing I am looking forward to - hopefully changes in the ISU's way of operation (even though I doubt this will happen with Cinquanta in charge :roll:). :(

shotunz
05-25-2002, 07:13 PM
:P I'm looking forward to the discoveries that always come in a post Olympic year, especially where new skaters step up to courageously take the place of those who have moved on. Yipee! I'm also looking forward to JR and all the young women who are finally giving us something to look forward to in Canadian women's skating! And Jeff Buttle and Shawn Sawyer and all those moving up to seniors. I am also crossing my fingers that Sandhu will be back and get those nerves under control!

Talisa
05-25-2002, 07:35 PM
Men: I want Plush and Yags to go at it again
Women: Michelle to regain her world title
Dance: Good skating from all the dance teams...esp B/K and C/S
Pairs: S/Z to win their second world title

¤Sweetie¤
05-25-2002, 08:28 PM
[quote:a877ef80bd="TRAxel"][b:a877ef80bd][color=orange:a877ef80bd]NEW PROGRAMS![/color:a877ef80bd][size=18:a877ef80bd][/size:a877ef80bd][/b:a877ef80bd]

[b:a877ef80bd][color=darkblue:a877ef80bd]That is what I look forward to the most before every season... what programs, what costumes?[/color:a877ef80bd][/b:a877ef80bd][/quote:a877ef80bd]

That's a good one!

Sadly, I'm looking forward to next year's Polka OD's. Those are bound to be hysterical.

And of course, I'm looking forward to seeing my B&K back!!!!!!!!!!! :halo:

jcspkbfan
05-25-2002, 10:18 PM
...Gotta Dance: The Sequel
...seeing Kurt and Elvis go head-to-head as pro skaters
...seeing what S&P, Elvis, Todd, etc. will come up with as pro skaters
...seeing whether the judges really [b:5d52bdd7ac]will[/b:5d52bdd7ac] clean up their act next season
...finally seeing some [b:5d52bdd7ac]real[/b:5d52bdd7ac] competition among the Canadian ladies!
...seeing which Canadian pairs team will stand out and pick up where S&P left off.
...seeing whether or not there will be an increase in the amount of pro competitions/events next season (and whether or not the quality of pro skating/events in general will improve with all the "newcomers" on the scene next year!)
...seeing whether Jeff Buttle, Ben Ferrera, Fedor Andreev or [b:5d52bdd7ac]any[/b:5d52bdd7ac] other Canadian man will land a consistent quad and become our next great champion!
...and last, but certainly not least, seeing everyone's new programs!

shine
05-26-2002, 02:27 PM
I'm looking forward to see Michelle make everyone drop their jaw with her quad and maybe a 3axel! She'll be the new crowned quad queen...a real one that is! :lol:

leap of faith
05-26-2002, 03:11 PM
I want to see Ben Ferreira land a quad and get back on that National podium.

I want to see Wing and Lowe have an awesome FD and have a good placement at worlds.

spicyicey
05-26-2002, 03:34 PM
-I am definitely looking forward to see everyone's new programs.

-Hopefully to see Sasha land the quad.

-I'd also love to see a lady (Onda?) land the 3axel.

-I want to see Lang/Tchernyshev and Belbin/Agosto move up in the standings at worlds.

-Also would like to see Scott and Dulebohn do great this year, hopefully continuing on their great show at Worlds! :D

allegria
05-27-2002, 11:18 PM
I'm looking forward to and wishing for...

The new cast of SOI. I hope that IMG/Bezic/whoever makes the choreography or theme decisions will realize that their "new direction" didn't really work this year and will go back to strong skating with interesting groupings (a la 98 or 2000), rather than talking.

A very exciting year in US ladies' skating! Maybe ABC will actually show 2 flights of skaters at Nat'ls like they used to. Men could be very interesting as well.

An interesting Grand Prix series- with many of the big guns turning pro or possibly skipping the series, who knows who'll come out of the woodwork?

Hopefully, a revitalized pro circuit.

I also hope that Belbin and Agosto will challenge L/T this year.

From individual skaters, I'm hoping for:
Sarah: cleaned up technique and help from a different choreographer
Sasha: a cleaned-up lutz, stronger edging in the spirals and more difficult choreography (a quad would be great, too!)
Tara: continued work with Lori Nichol, more great footwork, improved spins, and a program by Christopher Dean :wink:
Matt Savoie: a consistent quad
Takeshi Honda: consistency, period

Marco
05-28-2002, 08:04 AM
Sokolova at Euros/Worlds!

Smiley
05-29-2002, 08:37 AM
I am looking forward to seeing Sasha Cohen, PERIOD. Not just the quad, but i love her skating style! :D
Oh and the quad too!!! heehee
Irina do some triple\triple combos and most of all, HOPING Michelle will finally retire(Now that's my opinion!!)

lrng to skt
05-30-2002, 01:50 AM
Sasha, Sasha, Sasha (Cohen that is)

Also, L/A and C/S

Yags, Goebel, and PLUSHY

Pairs - who cares :( ...g

Ximena
06-03-2002, 04:45 PM
Im looking forward to see Plushenko!!!

In mens competition: I want to see a competition with Plushenko and Yagudin both healthy which is seems to be impossible. I want Plushenko to have a healthy season this time!! plz!! And hopefully with his new coach, I want Abt to take the podium!!

In ladies competition: I want Sasha Cohen to land her quad, she's been so close!!!

Emanfan
06-03-2002, 05:31 PM
:twisted: I'm looking forward to seeing Plushy yank that world title away from Yagudin. Can't wait!!! :twisted:

Orable
06-03-2002, 05:41 PM
lol, I'm looking forward to the polka too! hehe

looking forward to watching Kalesavich/Parchem develop

waiting to see if Timothy really *does* work on his artistry/presentation

looking forward to see Jeff Buttle! More and more Jeffrey! will he participate in the GP series?

I'm looking forward to the Plush/Yags rivalry...providing Plush is 100% healthy and Yags isn't too burnt out from touring

Looking to see if Matt S gets a quad--heck, I'd watch him with or without it!

Looking forward to see what Sasha Abt will come up with next season, and see if the judges will give him the respect he deserves

Looking ot see what will happen in the crazy world of ice dance!

Cheers, Orable

RoseAugust
06-03-2002, 06:01 PM
First and foremost, I would love to see a woman land a beautiful triple axel, even if it's just once during the season.

A couple of women consistently landing 3/3's would be fun . . . especially if the second jump flows. My 15-year-old son who doesn't consider figure skating a true sport, but will watch it with me if it's an eligible competition, absolutely hates 3/3's and 4/3's because he says "they almost always come to a stop" and "ruin the entire flow of the program!" He is so totally serious about this!

I'm excited that Jamie Silverstein is returning to competition. Her ice dancing absolutely moves me.

I can't wait to find out who Michelle Kwan has chosen for a coach.

And, of course, everyone's new programs!

nits
06-03-2002, 07:59 PM
Looking forward to Michelle Kwan proving her critics wrong once again.
Irina finally landing all those 3/3's she is famous for, and her 3/3/3 and her 3/3/2, and that 3axel.
Sarah Hughes repeating her Olympic performance
Sasha getting her triples consistent
Jenny Kirk getting recognition she deserves
Angela having confidence and getting a National and World medal.
Timmy winning Worlds :)

CzarinaAnnie
06-04-2002, 03:15 AM
[color=indigo:7e6a740468] I'm looking forward to it all!
I can't wait. I know it's cold during comp. season(I hate cold), but
I miss all the taping of shows, and writing down who got what.
I can't wait to see what Sasha Cohen and Matt Savoie are going to
do. Matt will get more titles, hopefully, and so will Sasha, and I
hope to see her do a quad at least once.
I think Fumie Suguri will improve a lot. I would like to see all
the skaters improve where they have been lacking. Like Timmy's
artistry for example.
Oh and I soooo want to see NEW programs[/color:7e6a740468].

Corey
06-05-2002, 06:07 PM
I am looking foard to
Tim hopefully winning worlds
Micheal Wiess to go out with a bang
Sarah to hopefully win worlds

Dragonheart97
06-08-2002, 10:56 AM
[quote:f7ea5112a7="Xiaoxue"]1. I am most excited about ice dancing. After this past season, i think i've become an L/A fan. I really admire them for sticking to their dancing and training hard, even with her injury and the fact that a couple years ago they were dropped on their heads by the judges (even if it was deserving). They have demonstrated to me resilience, heart, and determination. Plus, i really liked some of their original moves in their FD. :wink: [/quote:f7ea5112a7]

I've always liked them, ever since the [i:f7ea5112a7]Jesus Christ Superstar[/i:f7ea5112a7] program (which a lot of people didn't like but I thought was very cool). I'm glad they're staying on -- they have so much potential.

[quote:f7ea5112a7="Xiaoxue"]4. Now that King Elvis is gone, it will put a lot of pressure on the other Cdn. men to establish themselves. Wonder if this will be Emanuel's elusive "break-through season," internationally speaking. Will Jeffrey overtake some other men and vault himself onto the Worlds podium (!)?
:mrgreen:[/quote:f7ea5112a7]

I like Jeffrey a lot, but I am also really interested in how Ben Ferriera will do this year, now that he's being coached by Doug Leigh. Also, with the Cdn. Junior Men's champion, Shawn Sawyer, moving into seniors, it could get really interesting. Shawn kicked butt at Junior Cdns., and his free program for the coming year was done by Brian Orser. So while I'll miss Elvis, there will be lots to keep me occupied. (I'll also be keeping my eye on Jayson Denomee too, and Jean-Francois Bidal, who I also discovered at Canadians this year.)

barnita
06-09-2002, 06:51 AM
Canadian Ladies, especially Rochette and Robinson
Langois and Archetto going for Gold at Canadians
Russian Men
Michelle Kwan and coach
Sasha Cohen and quad
All the new programs and costumes