View Full Version : USFS Collegiate membership

Mainemom
05-12-2009, 07:44 AM
For the first time in our club's history (to our knowledge, at least) we are going to have members who are full-time college students. We are wanting to offer them a break on our membership fees, which would normally be $80/year and charge them a one-time fee of $90 for the 4 years that they will be in college. That would just cover the cost of registering them with USFSA (which is $85). Some parents, whose students are attending 2-year colleges, think this discriminates against their children since they would have to pay $90 for the two years they are in school and then become full members again when they graduate.

So, long story short, two questions:
(1) What do other clubs charge their collegiate members?
(2) Are there two tiers of collegiate memberships in USFSA (we haven't been able to find anything on their website) for two- and four-year colleges?

Sorry for being so long-winded about such an arcane issue!

FlyAndCrash
05-13-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm part of my school's intercollegiate team, and I'm registering directly with the school's club next year rather than a "normal" club. I think the cost is $40 for one year and $70 for four years (even if that goes beyond the time the skater will be a registered student). I think it's a great deal.

I'm pretty sure that 2 and 4 year colleges are part of the same program. This past year, most of the colleges at Intercollegiate Nationals were 4-years schools, but one was a 2 year community college.

Skittl1321
05-13-2009, 07:05 PM
You should have a club officer contact USFS. They just started some "collegiate" membership which is, I think, $70 for a 4 year membership. The option can be selected only once, and transcripts do not need to be provided to USFS.

But that's all I know- so contact them for more information