View Full Version : Reminder.....Digital TV.....and Skating Brodcast.

FSWer
10-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone that starting Feb.,17th all TV. will be switching over to Digital. In which case I would think that all Skating will be on different ch. and numbers. If anyone here should happen to know or have the Digital ch. TV. schedule line-up for the 2008/09 season, please post it here for all members to see. I have Comcast. I don't know though what everyone else gets.Thanks.

dbny
10-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Everything will be exactly the same. All of the chanels will be the same. The only thing changing is the way in which the shows are broadcast. Since you have cable, it will not affect you at all. People who do not have cable or satellite, must buy either digital TV's or digital converters for their current analog TV's. Digital converters are not expensive, and the government has been giving out coupons (2 per household) for a hefty discount on them.

smelltheice
10-12-2008, 03:04 PM
we are changing to digital in the UK in the next year or so but it will happen region by region but it is the same here that it won't really affect the channel numbers and as you can only get skating on satellite and cable anyway, which is already digital, it has no effect there either

FSWer
10-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Everything will be exactly the same. All of the chanels will be the same. The only thing changing is the way in which the shows are broadcast. Since you have cable, it will not affect you at all. People who do not have cable or satellite, must buy either digital TV's or digital converters for their current analog TV's. Digital converters are not expensive, and the government has been giving out coupons (2 per household) for a hefty discount on them.

Yeah...but Heather or somebody should post the Digital equivalent to the stations we get Skating on now.

TreSk8sAZ
10-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah...but Heather or somebody should post the Digital equivalent to the stations we get Skating on now.

If you have comcast, it's already digital. NO CHANNELS WILL BE CHANGING. Meaning, whatever number you get the channel on now, you will get it on the same number after it changes.