View Full Version : Do we see a possible future of Synchro. on DVD and Video?

FSWer
03-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Say,LOL,I have seen Figure Skating on DVD and Video. But I must say that also with it's growing popularity,that I am surprised that we don't have Synchronized Skating (The World Synchronized Championships,etc. that we see on TV.) As usually they say that you can things on DVD and Video after they've been on TV. Does anyone know if Synchro. is blocked from something like that copywrite wise a lot more then Figure Skating? Thanks.

Schmeck
03-12-2008, 07:37 PM
You can order the dvds at the competitions, or online after the competition. they are very, very expensive, though.

FSWer
03-12-2008, 09:14 PM
You can order the dvds at the competitions, or online after the competition. they are very, very expensive, though.

Were can you order them,and how much? I've never seen it on-line.

CanAmSk8ter
03-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Usually you order them at the competition. They're not something that's made public really; it's more for skaters and their families to have. If there were a specific competition you were interested in, and you knew the name of the company who had done the videography, you could get in touch with them and ask about ordering a video.

The reason you can't go into, say, Blockbuster and get a DVD about synchro is because very few people who aren't involved in skating themselves would want to watch a DVD about synchro. Blockbuster, Wal-Mart, etc. wouldn't make any money off a DVD that no one rented or bought.

Summerkid710
03-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Synchro is shown on Icenetwork.com like the other events. They also usually broadcast them some time later after the competition on cable channel CN8 (Comcast Sports Network) but I am not sure if they are doing it this year due to the contract with Icenetwork. In previous years, it was shown on the Lifetime channel.

Sylvia
03-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Yes, CN8 televised the U.S. Synchro Championships earlier this month on "Nancy Kerrigan's World of Skating" and Part 2 is supposed to repeat TODAY (March 15) from 5-6 pm EST, according to the CN8 schedule at: http://www.cn8.tv/

CN8 is currently scheduled to broadcast the World Synchro Championships on CN8 on April 12 from 9:30-11:30 pm EST.

Sylvia
03-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Usually you order them at the competition. They're not something that's made public really; it's more for skaters and their families to have. If there were a specific competition you were interested in, and you knew the name of the company who had done the videography, you could get in touch with them and ask about ordering a video.
Yes, for example, a DVD of all the Senior level short programs from 2008 U.S. Synchro Nationals would cost $135 (not counting tax and shipping), and add up to $270 for the entire Senior event (short and long programs).