View Full Version : Cutting Edge what does the phrase "Toepick" mean?

FSWer
03-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Say,does anyone know what is ment by that term in the movie Cutting Edge? Thanks.

Isk8NYC
03-03-2008, 10:20 PM
It's a gloat about how easy it is to trip over your toepicks if you're not careful.

When one of them trips and splats, the other partner gloats by saying "Toepick!" very sweetly.

This movie's going to be on television soon, along with the two sequels - check out this thread:
http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=26071

deannathegeek
03-04-2008, 08:26 AM
When you're with a bunch of other skaters who've seen the movie and you make a silly mistake (on or off the ice), 'toe pick' is a good-natured jab. :D

Clarice
03-04-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm seriously considering naming my next dog "Toepick" (Toto for short), just so I can call him that way. It might get really old really fast, though. Zamboni, my current little ball of fur, is only 3, so I have a lot of time to think about it!

FSWer
03-04-2008, 05:02 PM
When you're with a bunch of other skaters who've seen the movie and you make a silly mistake (on or off the ice), 'toe pick' is a good-natured jab. :D

So it's just a nice way of saying a mistake,right?

dbny
03-04-2008, 08:07 PM
So it's just a nice way of saying a mistake,right?

It's really more like poking fun at someone, but in a good natured way - just like you might laugh at yourself. You would only say it when someone actually caught their toepick.

FSWer
03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
It's really more like poking fun at someone, but in a good natured way - just like you might laugh at yourself. You would only say it when someone actually caught their toepick.

So if I wanted to make fun of what someone did with anything without them getting mad. I migt say TOEPICK!!!!! Right?

Skittl1321
03-04-2008, 09:10 PM
So if I wanted to make fun of what someone did with anything without them getting mad. I migt say TOEPICK!!!!! Right?

If they were skating and caught their toepick, then yes that would be a good way to lightly make fun of them without them getting mad.

Even if they weren't actually skating (so they didn't really trip on their toepick) if you knew they were familiar with the movie, saying "toepick!" is a way of saying "you just did something that was kind of stupid"- and they would probably get the joke.

mikawendy
03-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Speaking of "toepick" I nearly did it to myself the other night while OFF the ice! I was running late to a session, so I was walking fast on my toepicks instead of taking time to put my guards on and take them off, and I tripped. Really glad I didn't faceplant! 8O :lol: