View Full Version : Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream

Isk8NYC
02-05-2008, 09:41 AM
The original "Cutting Edge" movie is iconic for figure skaters - TOEPICK!
A sequel was released with some decent promotion a few years ago.
Now, ABC's created another sequel with different actors/actresses/skaters.

Cutting Edge Marathon
Cutting Edge, Cutting Edge 2, and Cutting Edge 3
ABC Family
Sunday, March 16, 2008
(Check local listings for times)

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-cuttingedge3premiere,0,4122153.story

In the new sequel, the girl is the hockey-player-turned-figure-skater.

mikawendy
02-08-2008, 09:13 PM
OMG! Time to get us some pamchenko action! Wonder what the base value for that move would be? :lol:

Isk8NYC
02-09-2008, 03:07 AM
LOL! It must be fate: I went to BJ's tonight with one of the twins and she spotted a handful of the original movie on DVD. (She's seen an "edited" version - I skipped the risque' parts.) Not a bad price ($10) but I already have a recorded copy on DVD.

smelltheice
02-11-2008, 10:36 AM
LOL! It must be fate: I went to BJ's tonight with one of the twins and she spotted a handful of the original movie on DVD. (She's seen an "edited" version - I skipped the risque' parts.) Not a bad price ($10) but I already have a recorded copy on DVD.

Its hard to believe that The Cutting Edge is 16 years old now. I saw it in the UK in 1991 or 2 on VHS when it first came out

Zoe
02-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi

Does anyone know when the Cutting Edge 3 is going to be screened in the UK? Fred Palascak and Melanie Lambert are appearing in the Cutting Edge 3 by the way.

Helen88
02-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi

Does anyone know when the Cutting Edge 3 is going to be screened in the UK? Fred Palascak and Melanie Lambert are appearing in the Cutting Edge 3 by the way.

Zoe, is that you? Off the Blueroom? If it is, this is Hevcat :). If it's not, sincere apologies :)

Sorry, off topic :frus:

CuttingEdge3
03-03-2008, 08:20 AM
The competition continues when the sequel to the ice skating romance lands on DVD April 1 from MGM Home Entertainment following the ABC Television Debut!

Full of toe loops, waltz jumps, half flips and… body checks, the inspirational and heartwarming comedy THE CUTTING EDGE: CHASING THE DREAM skates its way on to DVD April 1st from MGM Home Entertainment. When figure skating’s most popular athlete accidentally injures his partner, he is forced to find a new teammate for the world championships. Landing an unlikely match in a tough but talented female ex-hockey player, both skaters struggle to work together as a team with nothing in common but their drive to win. As the competition approaches, the pair must find their rhythm on and off the rink or forfeit the opportunity of a lifetime.

THE CUTTING EDGE: CHASING THE DREAM follows in the footsteps of the original hit romantic comedy THE CUTTING EDGE which charmed audiences with its story of an unlikely pair of polar opposites who unite on the ice for a shot at Olympic gold. Bringing passion and determination to the rink, THE CUTTING EDGE: CHASING THE DREAM stars up-and-comers Matt Lanter (“Heroes,” WarGames 2), Francia Raisa (Bring It On: All or Nothing) and Christy Carlson Romano (“Kim Possible,” The Cutting Edge – Going for the Gold).

Premiering on ABC Family March 16th, THE CUTTING EDGE: CHASING THE DREAM DVD features deleted scenes, featurettes and much more and will be available for the suggested retail price of $26.98.

Get interactive! Check out THE CUTTING EDGE: CHASING THE DREAM on Myspace at: www.myspace.com/thecuttingedge3 to discuss the movie and chat with friends! And Don’t forget to join our exclusive Facebook group!

terrellelee
03-05-2008, 01:26 PM
I can't wait to get the dvd! It will be released on April 1, 2008.

Christy Romano from "Even Stevens" and Matt Lanter from "8 Simple Rules" will star in it...and plus!! I heard there is going to be a lot of sick figure skating moves in it.

Zoe
03-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Zoe, is that you? Off the Blueroom? If it is, this is Hevcat :). If it's not, sincere apologies :)

Sorry, off topic :frus:

Hi, yeah it is me!

I saw a trailer for The Cutting Edge 3, it looks amazing! I don't know when it's going to be screened in the UK, hopefully soon though.

AlliedNYC
03-30-2008, 03:43 PM
i saw this movie when it was on ABC family a couple weeks ago and i thought it was so cute and i'm so excited because when i was out the other day i picked up a postcard that says all you have to do is email cuttingedge3@gmail.com with your name and address and have a chance to win the dvd!
free stuff is the best:)