View Full Version : Getting to know you as a Skater

FSWer
02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Say,this thread is a follow-up to Deanna's "Getting to know you"thread. I though we could get to know each other better as Skaters. I'm at Learn to Skate Adult1. So here's my Poll.

deannathegeek
02-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Very groovy FSWer :D

I am still in Learn to Skate classes myself, at the FS1 level (still). I skate for fun, to lose weight, and to prove to myself that I can do something my family says I can't :roll:

I like to compete in ISI competitions; I'm a complete ham on the ice. I skate better to fast music-that way, I don't have time to think about what I'm doing, I just do it. I've skated to songs like Hampsterdance and Hey Mambo, and have been known to just skate laps the first 15 seconds of my routines to try to get everyone clapping in time with the music. Half the fun is getting out there and skating-the other half is knowing people are having just as much fun watching you have fun.

Muskoka Skater
02-13-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm test skater and a competitive skater in freestyle or singles as I call it

Clarice
02-13-2008, 06:01 PM
I checked a bunch of things. "Competitive Skater" - because I compete at Adult Silver level. This year I don't get to go to any competitions because they all conflicted with work, but I'm sure I'll compete again next year. I also checked "Test Skater - Ice Dance". I hope to compete in Solo Dance some day, but I'm not far enough along yet. I'm taking an ice dance test on Sunday. I checked "Test Skater - Synchro" even though that doesn't really fit. (There aren't any Synchro team tests, although some teams require their members to pass Moves or Dance tests.) Our team doesn't go to competitions (yet, anyway) - we just skate for club shows. I would have checked "Recreational Skater - Synchro" if that had been a choice. Finally, I checked "Skater and Coach" because I teach Basic Skills classes. This session I have a Snowplow class, two Basic 1 classes, and a Basic 3 class. I also have my very first private student - a very adorable little 5 year old girl. We're working hard on 1-foot glides so she can pass Basic 2.