View Full Version : becoming an exhibitor at shows? helping to pay for skating?

Maggi315
02-10-2008, 09:04 PM
This is a crosspost, also in the parents section, wasn't sure where to put this question.

My second oldest daughter has taken a great interest in skating and is doing remarkably well. She has anxiety disorder and this has done more than anything else we have tried. She is homeschooled and has lots of time to practice.

I also have 2 other children who are starting to skate, one is 5 and the other 9. All of this is getting to be very expensive. Both my husband and I work, both of us work partially from home and have flexible schedules.

Right now, we are doing mostly smaller competitions, and have seen exhibitors set up at the competitions. We have also bought things from people on ebay who have online stores. My oldest daughter, 18, and my husband have been talking about doing something like this to help pay for all this skating.

Anyone know about this? How much it even costs to be an exhibitor at the little shows? Or how successful other people are at making money doing this? Since we drag our family of 7 around to these shows, it would be a nice thing to put some of them to work while we are there!!!:lol:

I grew up doing antique shows with my parents all over the east coast, so the concept isn't new, but wondering if it's worth the time and money.