View Full Version : Outdoor Skating Rink in Canton vandlized.

FSWer
01-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Well Kids!!!! I must say I couldn't believe it when I heard it on the News!!!!! A couple of vandles broke into the outdoor Rink in Canton and smashed the ice with big blocks,as well as tour the liner. A 3 year old on the News along with the rest of the town can't even go skating..as they may hay to close it for the whole year. Is there anyone here who lives near there btw?

winziped
01-26-2008, 06:55 PM
I thought that was a joke but is not a joke , i am very astonished for the news , maybe has confused figure skating with hockey. awful

CanAmSk8ter
01-27-2008, 10:00 AM
I thought that was a joke but is not a joke , i am very astonished for the news , maybe has confused figure skating with hockey. awful

I doubt it was hockey players because A, most hockey players are nice kids who are no more likely go out and randomly ruin things than figure skaters are, and B, why would they want to ruin an ice surface where they could potentially play?

I don't live too far from Canton, but I didn't realize they had an outdoor rink there. It's a shame someone had to go ruin it for everybody, but Canton's close enough to Simsbury that anyone who really wanted to skate could just go to ISCC or the Farms rink.

winziped
01-27-2008, 11:38 AM
sorry i made a big mistake i mean hockey fans .

CanAmSk8ter
01-27-2008, 01:24 PM
sorry i made a big mistake i mean hockey fans .

You mean fans getting rowdy and destructive at a game? If it's an outdoor rink, the only kind of game that would be going on there would be a pickup game among a bunch of kids and their parents. It wasn't a real arena or anything.

Canton, for those of you who don't know the area, is a fairly rural upper-middle class town. There's a "lifestyle center" with shops, and a few nice restaurants and I think a couple of antique shops, but that's about it. Not a lot for young people to do though AFAIK, which makes me think the vandals were probably a bunch of bored teenagers. Stupid thing to do, and I certainly hope they find out who did it.

FSWer
01-27-2008, 02:01 PM
LOL,the one thing I'm curtain of is that there not Figure Skating Fans. They either don't have the Rink fenced off and keep it locked. Or there are wize guys who know how to jump a fence. I hope too that they have an indoor Rink there as well that people can use for the time being.