View Full Version : Hamill Battling Breast Cancer

montanarose
01-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Sorry that I don't have more details to offer but, as I was watching the evening news, a trailer reported that Dorothy Hamill has been diagnosed with, and is being treated for, breast cancer.

Sending her healing thoughts and prayers for a full recovery . . .

dbny
01-04-2008, 10:39 PM
A link to the news article (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22507947/) was posted on the Non Skating Discussions Forum.

Samskate
01-05-2008, 10:42 AM
There was a small article in our morning paper in the sports section. According to it, she is being treated at Johns Hopkins and her prognosis is good. Poor Dorothy, she has not had an easy life in many ways.

Nicki
01-06-2008, 01:25 AM
I was so sorry to hear this. After reading Dorothy's book, it seemed like her life was finally starting to look up. She and her daughter will be in my prayers.

lovepairs
01-06-2008, 08:15 AM
I just finished reading Dorothy's book, "A Skating Life." It was a wonderful book and easy to read. My thoughts are with her, and since the article said that she had a good prognosis, I'm wishing her a speedy recovery.

We can show her our support by purchasing her book, and do a sort of "collective read," which will empower her! Can you imagine that beautiful smile on her face when she sees that her book sales have gone through the roof! Then she'll have actually proof that we've all been thinking about her and will be able to do a lot with this type of supportive energy with regard to her recovery.