View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions!

SynchroSk8r114
12-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Why must NBC and ESPN do this to me, LOL! :lol: "Wynonna Tribute on Ice" and the ISU Grand Prix both on...today...at 4 p.m. Oh, how will I decide which one to watch?

I love watching exhibitions because they often feature some of the older skaters (well, not "older") from the early 90s that I grew up admiring, but on the other hand, I also like keeping up with the new up-and-coming Olympic hopefuls of competitive skating.

Aside from flipping between ESPN and NBC, I can't really watch both. How do you guys pick which one you'll watch? Anyone else get annoyed when this happens?

Oh, and for now, I'm watching the exhibition and will pick up with ESPN for its last hour since the NBC show ends earlier.

Isk8NYC
12-23-2007, 03:36 PM
The beauty of having a DirecTV DVR - it automatically records anything skating-related and can record two programs at once.
The kids are decorating their gingerbread houses, so the TV's off and busy as we speak .

Nicki
12-23-2007, 11:46 PM
When it rains it pours! In addition to the two shows you mentioned, our local Fox station aired two skating programs this afternoon. I Tivoed the Grand Prix Final for later,and watched the other programs while they were airing. I never understand why networs air skating programs against each other. I would think it would hurt their ratings.

icedancer2
12-24-2007, 01:16 PM
I decided to DVR the Grand Prix final - I had watched the Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular the day before so had my fill of exhibition skating for the weekend...

How was the Wynona Special??

Debbie S
12-24-2007, 01:39 PM
I completely forgot the Brian Boitano special was on Saturday! :oops: :cry: By the time I remembered, it was after 6. And it doesn't look like the show will be re-aired (and of course, the Wynonna special will be on like 3 times!). However, I did buy a subscription to IceNetwork (really for the Nat'ls coverage) and it looks like they will be showing the Boitano special, so all is not lost.

Yesterday, I flipped between the Wynonna show and the GPF - really mostly watching the GPF but going back to Wynonna during commercials and a few other spots. It was kind of funny when I flipped to Wynonna to find Evan L skating during the commercial break before his FS at the GPF was shown.

SynchroSk8r114
12-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Haha, I think NBC read my OP because they're airing a Holiday Celebration on Ice ft. Sasha Cohen and Todd Eldridge...and that's it! Nothing on ESPN, Fox, anything! Woohoo...I may actually be able to enjoy this one between all the Christmas festivities. BTW, Merry Christmas, everyone! :D

Debbie S
12-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I completely forgot the Brian Boitano special was on Saturday! :oops: :cry: By the time I remembered, it was after 6. And it doesn't look like the show will be re-aired Responding to my own post, lol:

It now looks like the Boitano special will be re-aired on the Style network tomorrow (Friday) from 5 to 7 p.m. Yippee!!! (I sure hope it's this year's special and not last year's) :D

SynchroSk8r114
12-30-2007, 03:09 PM
ABC will be airing Stars on Ice today from 5-6 p.m. Would've posted earlier, but I just found out.