View Full Version : Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting *TONIGHT*

Isk8NYC
11-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Tonight is the annual Tree-Lighting celebration for Rockefeller Center's huge Christmas tree that towers over the tiny, little ice rink we all know (at least virtually) and love! The broadcast will be carried on television LIVE FROM NEW YORK!

Details are:
Rockefeller Center - Midtown Manhattan
Wednesday, November 28th, 2007
Broadcast: 8pm to 9pm Eastern Time
Television: Regular/HDTV broadcast

Sorry, couldn't find an internet viewing portal this year. If anyone finds (a legal) one, please post the link in this thread.

If you're going in person, the celebration officially starts at 7pm, but you'll need to get there much earlier if you want a view.
Don't bring backpacks or purses, keep your valuables close because you'll have absolutely NO personal space in the crowd.
(DH took me to the treelighting the night he proposed. He was terrified of being pick-pocketed for the diamond ring.)

Before I forget:
The "Tree Cam" is online again: http://www.wnbc.com/videostream/christmastree/14573999/detail.html
Nice view this year :roll:

I like this one better: http://www.rockefellercenter.com/viewer/viewer.html

Isk8NYC
11-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Can't find any skater info; hope they're not cutting that out of the broadcast!

Anyone know who is skating tonight?

sk8tmum
11-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Thankyou for this. My husband is standing clutching his coffee staring wistfully at the feed, as we remember, fondly, the days pre-skating when we spent holidays and that in NYC, spending money on non-skating related things.:( :( :(

Sigh. off to the arena, chequebook in hand to spend my could-be-used-for-NYC vacation money on coaching bills.

snuffle snuffle snuffle. Please tell me that NYC will still be there on that distant day in the future when we're done paying skating bills ...

merry christmas.

Isk8NYC
11-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Don't worry - NYC will still be there.
Once Downtown is rebuilt, it'll be even better than it is now.
(That's what I've been telling my kids. snicker )

Isk8NYC
11-29-2007, 06:47 AM
SACRILEGE - NO FIGURE SKATING IN LAST NIGHT'S BROADCAST!!!!

Did we really need to cover the rink in order for the Rockettes to kick-line?

I won't watch next year unless they have some skaters in their promos.